English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 29 December 2019, 17:38   #1
thairacerjp

street fighter 2 World Warrior HD install

HI, since a long time when I wanted to play street fighter 2 World warrior from US Gold on my CD32 TF330 with the whdload version from 2004 I have to swap from my CD32 pad to my PSX with db9 adaptation cause if I use my CD32 pad I cannot pass the screen asking for gamepad or joystick choice but I found a new whdload version Ver 1.3 by Cfoul and when I launch install it said "install successful" without asking for floppy (I no have floppy on CD32 ) or disk image (I use usually disk image) and after on the folder 'data" of the game is empty of course and it didn't launch cause no have the necessary files.did moon success to install on CD32 with TF3é8/330 ?

this whdload install :
http://www.whdload.de/games/Streetfighter2.html

and the whole package with games files said it's from 2017 but it's the same old whdload version from 2004, so the problem remain, cannot choose CD32. gamepad.

http://www.whdownload.com/games.php?name=s&sort=0&dir=0
Old 29 December 2019, 17:40   #2
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
You must install the game from winuae, and use the IPF or MFM images.
Old 29 December 2019, 17:42   #3
CFou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thairacerjp View Post
HI, since a long time when I wanted to play street fighter 2 World warrior from US Gold on my CD32 TF330 with the whdload version from 2004 I have to swap from my CD32 pad to my PSX with db9 adaptation cause if I use my CD32 pad I cannot pass the screen asking for gamepad or joystick choice but I found a new whdload version Ver 1.3 by Cfoul and when I launch install it said "install successful" without asking for floppy (I no have floppy on CD32 ) or disk image (I use usually disk image) and after on the folder 'data" of the game is empty of course and it didn't launch cause no have the necessary files.did moon success to install on CD32 with TF3é8/330 ?

this whdload install :
http://www.whdload.de/games/Streetfighter2.html

and the whole package with games files said it's from 2019 but it's the same old whdload version from 2004, so the problem remain, cannot choose CD32. gamepad.
for CD32 support (as indicadted in read-me)

you need select 2 buttons pad using up/down

only 2 button supported but now CD32 pad works with my last patch...

regards
Old 29 December 2019, 17:43   #4
thairacerjp

Wow so fast ! thanks , I going to test now . disk image work with pif/MFP ? , anyway I going to test now !
Old 29 December 2019, 17:44   #5
thairacerjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFOU! View Post
for CD32 support (as indicadted in read-me)

you need select 2 buttons pad using up/down

only 2 button supported but now CD32 pad works with my last patch...

regards
Million thanks my Lord
Old 29 December 2019, 18:41   #6
thairacerjp

step by step i will success, so i have load the ipf files in wiuae but during the install, the first floppy reading track is ok but after it stopped with this message

Old 29 December 2019, 19:06   #7
DamienD
Banned

Why don't you just extract / use Retroplay's package?
StreetFighter2_v1.3_0882.lha
Old 29 December 2019, 19:56   #8
thairacerjp

@DamienD , you save my day , it's so funny cause first I installed by hd install from CFOU! and had problem for install ipf files, so I downloaded your version that I had tried before but
she made reboot my CD32 ! , so I took the files I could install with CFOU! HDinstall (have partial install cause disk image stuck after fist ipf image disk) but the game were starting with support of CD32 pad but return to workbench after the versus screen , so I took the data folder from your version and it's working like a charm ! thanks all .
Old 29 December 2019, 20:28   #9
DamienD
Banned

@thairacerjp; it's not my "version", it's Retroplay's pre-installed "official" slave package.

I have absolutely nothing to do with it...
Old 29 December 2019, 20:39   #10
thairacerjp

@DamienD I would said the version you gave me in the right moment, so thanks Retroplay's appreciate the community help
Old 09 January 2020, 04:43   #11
AmigaHope

The WHDLoad readme mentions that you can swap characters just by swapping files, including "becoming" the boss characters.

A character-select cheat would be pretty awesome if it could be added, so you don't have to manually swap the files to play as M. Bison or whatever. o.o
Old 09 January 2020, 09:52   #12
CFou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaHope View Post
The WHDLoad readme mentions that you can swap characters just by swapping files, including "becoming" the boss characters.

A character-select cheat would be pretty awesome if it could be added, so you don't have to manually swap the files to play as M. Bison or whatever. o.o
the idea is interesting.

I could add the selection of the character who would replace Ken for example using the tooltypes ... and it should be easy to code.

I note that in my long list of things to do
Old 09 January 2020, 16:08   #13
Retro1234
Phone Homer

In Amiga Format there was a Action Reply cheat where you edit a variable in memory and can play as the Bosses.

Last edited by Retro1234; 09 January 2020 at 17:41.
Old 09 January 2020, 17:44   #14
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Any kind of hack possible where you can just do endless fire balls
Old 10 January 2020, 10:11   #15
AmigaHope

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFOU! View Post
the idea is interesting.

I could add the selection of the character who would replace Ken for example using the tooltypes ... and it should be easy to code.

I note that in my long list of things to do
Ideal would be a hacked character select screen with extra entries that just set the player's value to the boss's. This would probably crash the game when it tried to load the cutscenes for those characters, but you could add a check in the cutscene load code that just skipped the cutscenes if the player ID value is out of bounds for playable characters, or loaded a different character's cutscene.
Quote:
Any kind of hack possible where you can just do endless fire balls
Amiga SF2 Rainbow Edition? xD This part is probably impossible due to engine limitations. OCS Amiga struggles to even do SF2 at all, it can't throw sprites around like CPS hardware could.
Old 10 January 2020, 10:21   #16
AmigaHope

Actually I'm amazed enabling boss characters works at all. Arcade SF2 uses scripting to enable input movesets, AI, etc. for all characters -- don't know how the Amiga port does it. But if the bosses weren't meant to be playable I don't see why the input data would even be there for them in the Amiga port.
Old 10 January 2020, 11:28   #17
CFou!

Quote:
Ideal would be a hacked character select screen with extra entries that just set the player's value to the boss's. This would probably crash the game when it tried to load the cutscenes for those characters, but you could add a check in the cutscene load code that just skipped the cutscenes if the player ID value is out of bounds for playable characters, or loaded a different character's cutscene.
Cinematic can be normally played if i swap file in loading file code the file to load...

For game code, It will be as if it was the initial character who won...
Old 10 January 2020, 12:37   #18
Hewitson

Quote:
In that case, it should be possible to convert The World Warrior into Champion Edition or even Hyper Fighting.
Old 10 January 2020, 15:05   #19
CFou!

Quote:

Can you test attached beta slave before release please?

v1.31 BETA done by CFou! (10.01.2020)
- custom3&4 Tooltype used top replace Ryu & Ken fighter by a boss
CUSTOM3=1 to replace Ryu by Sagat
CUSTOM3=2 to replace Ryu by Bison
CUSTOM3=3 to replace Ryu by Balrog
CUSTOM3=4 to replace Ryu by Vega

CUSTOM4=1 to replace Ken by Sagat
CUSTOM4=2 to replace Ken by Bison
CUSTOM4=3 to replace Ken by Balrog
CUSTOM4=4 to replace Ken by Vega
Attached Files
File Type: lha SF2-beta.lha (4.5 KB, 63 views)
Old 11 January 2020, 20:53   #20
AmigaHope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
In that case, it should be possible to convert The World Warrior into Champion Edition or even Hyper Fighting.
Not really, at least not without a TON of work. From what I've read, the input/movesets are different from the "real" CE movesets, so to get CE the first thing you'd need to do is reverse-engineer how Amiga SF2 does its movesets and change them so they're correct for CE.

THEN you'd have to figure out what to do about the ending cinematics for the bosses. This means reverse-engineering how Amiga SF2 handles the cinematics.

As far as Hyper Fighting goes, well, you'd have to give Chun Li a fireball. If you've already reverse engineered the character logic by this point it probably wouldn't be too hard.

Of course the big problem with Hyper Fighting is that the Amiga SF2 framerate is so slow as it is, speeding up the gameplay would make it unplayable. At this point you'd be in serious full-rewrite territory and you might as well just take the CPS code (it's 68k) and rewrite the graphics/sound routines.

So yeah, just being able to play the bosses in some sort of fashion is the most we can hope for I think. xD