English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 10 July 2010, 03:32   #21
Lemmingsbeest

Hi there...
I am a big amiga fan from the beginning(amiga 1000) and i own now only 2 amiga 4000's and one cd 32.
And i have your emulator installed on every pc i have.
Now the problem was with the final 2200 that protracker 3.62 and similar version's wont play mod's correctly.
My emulator runs at full speed.
See my pics. The aibb test is the beachball !!!.
And this version plays it 100%(2210b2).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Workbench1.png
Views:	578
Size:	344.0 KB
ID:	25804   Click image for larger version

Name:	sysinfo.png
Views:	600
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	25805   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aibb.png
Views:	544
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	25806  

Old 10 July 2010, 09:11   #22
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmingsbeest View Post
H
Now the problem was with the final 2200 that protracker 3.62 and similar version's wont play mod's correctly.
Only when JIT is enabled? Samples are missing?
Old 10 July 2010, 11:42   #23
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip

should fix:

- right border weirdness in some centered modes
- filesystem issue (forgotten testing code)
- re-added another "too fast CPU" audio workaround. (enable DMA, CPU loop, update AUDxPT with loop position. AUDxPT update can happen before AUDxPT has been copied to internal latch)

Both audio problems can happen on real Amigas and was very common in older tracker routines, fortunately these hacks are mostly safe because programs that require exact audio emulation also usually require cycle exact A500 emulation.
Old 10 July 2010, 14:45   #24
Lemmingsbeest

The samples are played too short or they played twice(somtimes with scratch noises)...
But the 2210B2 solves this problem for me.
The problem was with the version's after 2200b8.
It is the best amiga emulator ever made.
Also i noticed that the timing is much better(in demo's).

Old 11 July 2010, 19:43   #25
msayed1977
Better than the Original

It is really almost fixed.
But look at this screenshot. Part of the screen is black(on the right and at the bottom). The black area is not centered, although I am using Horizontal and Vertical centering.
With WinUAE 2.20, no black areas.
You may not notice the black areas because the viewer in this forum has a black border.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WinUAE bug.JPG
Views:	490
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	25818  

Last edited by msayed1977; 11 July 2010 at 21:41.
Old 11 July 2010, 20:43   #26
FreakyDan
Freaky Dan

Hi there... I've justed installed the latest beta to check it out, and found a bug concerning Delitracker. It plays the first tone when loading a module,then freezes the emulation.
Old 11 July 2010, 21:51   #27
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msayed1977 View Post
It is really almost fixed.
But look at this screenshot. Part of the screen is black(on the right and at the bottom). The black area is not centered, although I am using Horizontal and Vertical centering.
With WinUAE 2.20, no black areas.
You may not notice the black areas because the viewer in this forum has a black border.
Gah. This is not a bug but yet another unexpected side-effect because now border that is outside of "legal" display area is blanked.. Not sure how to "fix" this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyDan View Post
Hi there... I've justed installed the latest beta to check it out, and found a bug concerning Delitracker. It plays the first tone when loading a module,then freezes the emulation.
winuae.zip or winuae_2210b.zip? At least one freeze issue was fixed in winuae.zip
Old 12 July 2010, 16:59   #28
FreakyDan
Freaky Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Gah. This is not a bug but yet another unexpected side-effect because now border that is outside of "legal" display area is blanked.. Not sure how to "fix" this..

winuae.zip or winuae_2210b.zip? At least one freeze issue was fixed in winuae.zip

I have tried both of them, and they lock up the emulation.
Old 12 July 2010, 19:12   #29
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyDan View Post
I have tried both of them, and they lock up the emulation.
Ok, could you attach or email archive including deliplayer and example module, thanks. (I want to always use exact same versions)
Old 12 July 2010, 21:13   #30
FreakyDan
Freaky Dan

Latest Delitracker (V2.32) from aminet (http://aminet.net/mus/play/DeliTracker232.lha) and any module you like locks it up..
Old 12 July 2010, 22:26   #31
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Theres something not quite right with the default paula-noteplayer. if you install the 14bit noteplayer, hopefully the issue wont persist. I theink theres a decruncher genie that can crash it too.

Last edited by Mad-Matt; 12 July 2010 at 23:32.
Old 12 July 2010, 22:28   #32
FreakyDan
Freaky Dan

Mad-matt: Previous versions works without problems.
Old 12 July 2010, 22:36   #33
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Arrow

Quote:
This is not a bug but yet another unexpected side-effect because now border that is outside of "legal" display area is blanked.
Sorry Toni for jumping in here...
could you please think about making the blanking optional, so that it's possible to still see the "garbage" in the "illegal" screen areas as in the real analog monitors (having h-center adjusted accordingly) if need be? (for testing purposes in particular, this does not appear to be too pointless, because start thinking of our copper fiddlers here and elsewhere )
Old 13 July 2010, 08:25   #34
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas View Post
Sorry Toni for jumping in here...
could you please think about making the blanking optional, so that it's possible to still see the "garbage" in the "illegal" screen areas as in the real analog monitors (having h-center adjusted accordingly) if need be? (for testing purposes in particular, this does not appear to be too pointless, because start thinking of our copper fiddlers here and elsewhere )
It is not about that. This only blanks display that is completely outside of displayable area. (same effect can be seen using real 1081 or similar: adjust size to minimum and you see fully blanked area in both borders, area that electron beam never hits)

EDIT: I guess I can move blanking slightly more right and bottom to prevent visible black borders when using "standard" resolutions.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 13 July 2010 at 08:33.
Old 13 July 2010, 14:42   #35
Lemmingsbeest

Delitracker 2.25 has the same problem with playing modfiles...
It plays a second or less and then the emulator hangs

Old 13 July 2010, 14:49   #36
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmingsbeest View Post
Delitracker 2.25 has the same problem with playing modfiles...
It plays a second or less and then the emulator hangs
Problem was found but note that emulator does NOT hang, it is emulated Amiga that hangs. (it is very important to report this correctly)

Delitracker actually handles DMA wait more or less properly which caused this problem when "too fast CPU" hack was enabled.
Old 14 July 2010, 03:34   #37
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
It is not about that. This only blanks display that is completely outside of displayable area. (same effect can be seen using real 1081 or similar: adjust size to minimum and you see fully blanked area in both borders, area that electron beam never hits)
All right. Well, I think to get good testing guinea-pigs, I'll have to look for really oldy-moldy demos with scrollers sporting real messy and hackish code
I'll report you back then about the differences of old(er) WinUAE versions and your "clean[sed]-borders" version - this is gonna be interesting
Old 16 July 2010, 14:40   #38
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_2210b3.zip

Beta 3 (I guess it will be 2.3 after all..)

- most debugger options now accept .b, .w and .l size extension (+special .3 if 3-byte word), old style separate size values (1, 2, 3 or 4) not supported anymore
- debugger 'w' memory freeze mode improved, now also works with copper writes, word and long size freeze values work properly
- fixed right border corruption when horizontal centering enabled
- filesystem access problems fixed (b2, forgotten test code..)
- another "too fast CPU" hack re-added to audio code
- quickstart "disk image requires ks2.0+" message ignored A3000/A4000/CD32 configurations
- skip DMAL emulation in JIT modes
- rawinput supports rawinput packets that have zero scancode but virtual keycode set or null device handle (for example some software injected keys and some keyboard media keys), packets with null device handle are redirected to new "winuae null keyboard"

Major updates in CD related options, IOCTL access, built-in image mounter, CD32, CDTV, uaescsi.device (I started to clean up this mess and I couldn't stop ) :

- cd rom image and IOCTL handling rewritten, unified toc and subchannel data structures
- cd drive/image selection added to harddrives panel (quickstart duplicate, temporary location until real CD selection panel is done.. if ever..) Use this to switch images and drives on the fly, report if switching causes crashes or weird behavior. NOTE: only unit 0 supported in uaescsi.device mode, other units are immediately put to "no disk" state when this option is used for the first time.
- quickstart/harddrives CD "image mode" selected with blank select box: enable image drive without media
- always use IOCTL in CD32/CDTV modes
- only enumarate SPTI devices when uaescsi.device is enabled
- subchannel support added to IOCTL CDROM handling (CD+G)
- CloneCD (.ccd) CD image file support added, including subchannel files
- CD32 CD subchannel DMA channel emulated, CD+G audio CDs supported
- CD32 CD end of play notification only worked if play command was last packet sent
- many CD32 and CDTV on the fly drive/image/media change updates again
- CDTV statefile support added
- CDTV 6525 (CIA-like 3-port IO chip/interrupt controller) emulation rewritten
- CDTV CD subchannel hardware emulated (CD+G, see notes below)
- added CDTV front panel CD player buttons to input event list (they directly control CD mechanism and they are the only buttons that work in CD+G mode)
- "regular" CDTV remote Play/Stop/etc.. input events emulate front panel buttons when CD drive receives enable front panel command, sends "normal" keycodes when frontpanel is disabled
- simple SCSI emulation added to image mounter in uaescsi.device mode (no CD audio support yet) simple means: CDFS in SCSI mode should work with mounted images now, nothing more. (TEST UNIT READY, READ [6,10,12], READ TOC, INQUIRY, READ CAPACITY emulated. Audio CD commands will be implemented in later betas)
- added SCSI emulation option to SCSI GUI panel, enables SCSI emulation when using real drives
- uaescsi.device mounted image file changed without CMD_ADDCHANGEINT or CMD_REMOVE media change interrups: use long 8 second media change delay (CDFS default poll time is ~5s)

CD+G notes: (This is the second most useless and stupid feature ever, only thing that can have bigger time wasted/pointlessness ratio will be CD32 FMV cartridge..)

Some subchannel packets will be lost if emulation slows down too much.
CD+G confirmed working, CD+MIDI should also work but not tested.

CD32 CD+G mode starts automatically, button also in main audio CD screen.

CDTV needs extra steps: In audio CD player screen select "TV/Keyboard" icon in bottom right corner, then press front panel Play-button, only front panel buttons are accepted at this point. NOTE: CDTV CD+G does not (yet) work in cycle-exact mode.

CD32 and CDTV do not correctly handle all CD+G discs, it seems both miss first few subchannel packets at the beginning.. Confirmed on real CD32 and CDTV. They do work in emulation if playback start position is about 1s earlier than asked but this hack is disabled because it can cause cd audio sync issues in games.
Old 16 July 2010, 18:34   #39
msayed1977
Better than the Original

FreakyDan: Does beta 3 work well with Deliplayer?
Old 16 July 2010, 19:44   #40
FreakyDan
Freaky Dan

Yes, the Delitracker bug is solved.