English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 14 January 2002, 03:02   #1
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
CD32 Project 32

ANyone got this working ok? I have a bunch of isos, I used Daemon tools for the iso, and everytime it errors ( winuae error )
It has two versions of winuae in the folder, 14 and 17.. looking on the page, it says it works better with 14.
Any help would be much appreciated

Don't directly type your signature. If you want one, configure it in your UserCP
Have a nice day
Old 14 January 2002, 08:31   #2
RetroMan

Sure it works ok What OS are you using ?? XP ?? There are some slight problems with that, but the Author (hi @WindowsKiller ) hopes to fix it for next release !
Old 14 January 2002, 19:45   #3
stainy
Zone Friend

yeah XP

ok, I`ll sit tight thanks retro
Old 14 January 2002, 21:35   #4
Ian
Global Moderator

Apparently, if you disable XP Themes, it'll work without any problems.

Right click on your desktop, click the appearance tab and under Windows and Buttons, change it to, Windows Classic (Butt Ugly) mode.
Old 14 January 2002, 22:15   #5
stainy
Zone Friend

oh

Ok thanks I`ll give that a whirl
Old 15 January 2002, 11:38   #6
Riempie
Amiga freak

cool

Ok, Project 32 works fine on my XP machine, I always use the classic look in XP, so I don't know what will happen if I change that look.

I also use Deamon Tools to mount the ISO-images. The only games I have tested so far are IK+ and D-Generation as these are the games which are supported by Project 32 and which I could find on the net too.

Now I would like to test a game which has a nice big intro and has nice audio tracks. I have Banshee ISO (which is track 1) and I also have 2 audio tracks in mp3 format. Can someone tell me how I can make 1 CD of all 3 files, or to make it more complicated... can I make an ISO-image on my PC which contains all 3 files resulting in a complete CD32 Iso-image? I know Banshee isn't supported (yet) by Project 32, but I might need this help for a similar game which is supported by Project 32.

Thanks in advance.
Old 15 January 2002, 15:56   #7
Riempie
Amiga freak

I'm starting to doubt... does Project 32 even support CD music / audio tracks? Or does it 'only' emulate the data (gfx, sfx)....
Old 15 January 2002, 17:10   #8
derSammler

Quote:
Originally posted by Riempie
I'm starting to doubt... does Project 32 even support CD music / audio tracks? Or does it 'only' emulate the data (gfx, sfx)....
atm it doesn't support cdda. Because there aren't so many games with cdda and I don't want to waste time for that now. Maybe later, if it supports more games...

Last edited by derSammler; 15 January 2002 at 17:16.
Old 15 January 2002, 17:17   #9
oldpx

Quote:
atm it doesn't support cdda. Because there aren't so many games with cdda and I don't want to waste time for that now. Maybe later, if it support more games...
What's the point of playing a CD32 game then? Especially when it's basically the same thing with the A1200 version.

Old 15 January 2002, 17:37   #10
RetroMan

Most CD³² games also have better InGame music/sound samples than the disc versions ..... so it doesn´t allways has to be CDDA
Old 15 January 2002, 19:43   #11
oldpx

Really? I've always thought that CD32's good sound was something about the audio capacity of the medium.

Old 15 January 2002, 20:08   #12
RetroMan

Sure it´s all about disk capacity, no doubt about that, but it isn´t allways necessary to have extra audio tracks to feature better music/sound !! Most times they only use bigger samples that are stuffed inside the data track ..... just like on a floppy
Old 15 January 2002, 22:22   #13
Riempie
Amiga freak

Akiko

Ok, now I've succesfully tested Project 32, I tried the demo-version of Akiko.
I tried Total Carnage and Akira which doesn't seem to work. Has anybody tried Akiko in combination with Deamon Tools? Anybody got a game working with it?

And to Windowskiller:
how hard is it to implement cdda-support? Can't you 'use' some features of Akiko which seems to support it?
Old 16 January 2002, 01:17   #14
Nian

Angry Hrm...

Erm the very idea of cd32 emulation is to let you use those special versions of amiga games with all those features. I for one would think that its essential to have cdaudio. Just to prove how good the games were, noone wants to emulate the shit games they want the classics and surely Fire&Ice, Liberation, Disposable Hero, Super StarDust, Sensible Soccer (Euro Championship) make it worth having cdaudio? Not to mention the dozens of other great games that got the revamped music. No your emulator is pointless without it. and don't forget that there were a few games like Simon The Sorcerer that don't work on anything faster than a 2xCDrom. their speech stuffs up.
Old 16 January 2002, 01:25   #15
RetroMan

You got better audio also WITHOUT CDDA support ..... AFAIK there are only 2 or 3 CD³² games with extra Audio Tracks !!! All the extra music is stuffed into the data track itself, so it IS supported by Project 32 anyway, so why complain ???
Old 16 January 2002, 01:36   #16
oldpx

Hmm, maybe CDDA is not a must. I can always play the mp3 in the background

Old 16 January 2002, 12:55   #17
Riempie
Amiga freak

BTW, can someone tell me (or point me to a website ) how I can burn these CD32 iso's on my PC and then play them again from my real CD-drive attached to my Amiga?

I know there was a website which explained all this, but the CD32 websites I used to visit a lot doesn't seem to be up anymore...