English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 22 April 2009, 14:54   #1
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

how to burn CD with CD-32 .iso combined with .wav audio tracks ?

Hi!

Sorry if this has been asked a 1000 times, I have not been here for a very long time and don't know...

I am trying to burn some CD32 images back to CD to let them run on a real CD32.
Most CD32 games I have consist of a data-track in a .iso file, as well as some audio tracks in .wav format.

Now, how can I burn all this back to a CD ? I use a freeware burner called CDburnerXP, which can burn .iso files and can also convert .bin to .iso etc, but how to combine the audio tracks in there ?
Should I do a multisession disc ? Or will this make the CD unusable for the CD32 ?

Thanx for your help !
Old 22 April 2009, 15:09   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Have a look here Overdoc : http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=512277&postcount=17
Old 22 April 2009, 21:33   #3
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Aye TCD is correct. I have used this method to make a CD32 test disc.
Old 24 April 2009, 05:17   #4
exoticaga

Direct link.
Code:
http://www.racketboy.com/downloads/SegaCueMaker.zip
Old 24 April 2009, 08:07   #5
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Erm, why put a 'direct' link in a code tag, so it's not clickable?
Old 24 April 2009, 09:15   #6
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Thanks for the advice!
I tried to run the segacuemaker, but it wouldn't run and reports an error message right after start (I think some .ocx or .dll missing, i can try again and give you the exact error message later)

The game I wanted tu burn is Universe CD32.

The .cue file has already included the .iso as well as the .wav files, so it looks like this:

universe.iso (this seems ot be the game/data track)
sound1.wav
sound2.wav
sound3.wav

Isn't there another tool which can burn this ?
I am surprised this cannot be done with almost every cd burning software, because I think most games (also PC) look like this (one game/data track and some audio tracks)
Old 24 April 2009, 09:18   #7
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Any current burn software should let you burn the cue sheet if you already have it. It will make the CD as specified in it. Which program do you use?
Old 24 April 2009, 09:24   #8
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdoc View Post
Thanks for the advice!
I tried to run the segacuemaker, but it wouldn't run and reports an error message right after start (I think some .ocx or .dll missing, i can try again and give you the exact error message later)

The game I wanted tu burn is Universe CD32.

The .cue file has already included the .iso as well as the .wav files, so it looks like this:

universe.iso (this seems ot be the game/data track)
sound1.wav
sound2.wav
sound3.wav

Isn't there another tool which can burn this ?
I am surprised this cannot be done with almost every cd burning software, because I think most games (also PC) look like this (one game/data track and some audio tracks)

Hmmmm, that dont sound right, it should be;

blah.iso
Track1.wav
Track2.wav

etc etc.

I find, if you dont name the tracks as they would be on a normal audio disc, then they dont work.
Old 24 April 2009, 10:40   #9
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

@FOL:
Right, I think the .cue file actually looks like you mention. I don't have it here right now, but I am pretty sure.

The software I use is CDburnerXP. I tried to simplay select the .cue file instead of the .iso, so I thaught it will burn all together, but it didn't work (it seem it just tried to burn the .cue file itself, but not the .iso and .wav files)

Does anyone know this burning program ? Would it work if I just select the .iso, like normal ?!? Would the program 'look' if ther was a .cue file and then include the .wav files ?!

Or is ther any other good free burning software which can do that ?
I don't want to install Nero because I had it once and it was such a damn piece of shit, it corrupted my Windows (blue screen when booting afterwards) and I had to re-install Windows therefore
Old 24 April 2009, 15:41   #10
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdoc View Post
@FOL:
Right, I think the .cue file actually looks like you mention. I don't have it here right now, but I am pretty sure.

The software I use is CDburnerXP. I tried to simplay select the .cue file instead of the .iso, so I thaught it will burn all together, but it didn't work (it seem it just tried to burn the .cue file itself, but not the .iso and .wav files)

Does anyone know this burning program ? Would it work if I just select the .iso, like normal ?!? Would the program 'look' if ther was a .cue file and then include the .wav files ?!

Or is ther any other good free burning software which can do that ?
I don't want to install Nero because I had it once and it was such a damn piece of shit, it corrupted my Windows (blue screen when booting afterwards) and I had to re-install Windows therefore

Sorry, made a mistake, Track1 is always the datatrack (universe.iso), the you need Track2.wav, Track3.wav, Track4.wav etc etc.

I use NERO, Nero 6 is the best.
Old 24 April 2009, 18:16   #11
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

I use Nero 6 too. Still the best version imho. ImgBurn is another great tool for burning all kind of CD images.
Old 24 April 2009, 18:31   #12
Sensi
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
I use Nero 6 too. Still the best version imho. ImgBurn is another great tool for burning all kind of CD images.
I have N6 installed on one of my comps too
Old 25 April 2009, 10:24   #13
exoticaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Erm, why put a 'direct' link in a code tag, so it's not clickable?
The site wasn't available at the time. Just incase he prefers no live links i posted them in code tags. It also saves time having to read sites when they are active, shouldn't be a problem just copy, paste and download.

Wouldn't touch N6 or any other, it wrecked to drives with one of it's v6 versions. And has a nasty habbit of polluting the system with uneeded codecs that have high merit values. Which was time consuming to lower each one for every ipdate using gspot. Have been using both ImgBurn (and its older cousin) and SonicRN for many years, a good combination.
Old 25 April 2009, 10:32   #14
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticaga View Post
The site wasn't available at the time. Just incase he prefers no live links i posted them in code tags. It also saves time having to read sites when they are active, shouldn't be a problem just copy, paste and download.
Okay...
Using Nero 6 here and never had a problem. Also everyone I know uses Nero without problems. I can only guess that it might be related to a version not provided with the drive itself.
Old 25 April 2009, 10:51   #15
Gordon
Settler

I use Fireburner for things like this
Old 25 April 2009, 18:33   #16
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Thanks guys for all suggestions, I have installed ImgBurn now and it worked great, just selected the .cue file and it recognized all the audio tracks as well and burned a nice cd
Old 25 April 2009, 18:37   #17
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Yep, Imgburn rocks. I use it to burn proper movie DVDs, highly recommend.