English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 11 February 2020, 05:54   #1161
earok
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Auckland
Posts: 2,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican3 View Post
Hi jotd,
do you think you could find a way to emulate a mouse with the joypad ??
I know that it already exist but a all in one tool is better.
CD32Load supports it already but it's a bit flakey (it was my contribution). Docs: https://github.com/jotd666/cd32load/...tual_mouse.txt
earok is offline  
Old 07 April 2020, 09:23   #1162
earok
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Auckland
Posts: 2,377
@JOTD Can I please ask for help with Tin Toy Adventure?

I vaguely recall being able to get it to run on an old version of CD32Load, at least to level 1 (using NoBufferCheck I think), but I can't seem to get it to run on the latest. It's an AGA game, but I'm hopeful the right combination of launch settings will get it to work!

(I'm aware that Tin Toy Adventure is currently for sale, but I've got permission for this specific project I'm working on)
earok is offline  
Old 07 April 2020, 11:46   #1163
jotd
This cat is no more
jotd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: FRANCE
Age: 48
Posts: 4,167
I could run it with

Code:
cd32load tintoyadventure.slave cdbuffer=0x150000
in the middle of the upper memory there's a big aligned memory block (filled with 0xcccccccc by whdload), I created a script to find the big chunks and found it.

NOBUFFERCHECK alone assumes cdbuffer at 0x1E0000 but there's data there, so it will probably fail. Setting CDBUFFER manually sets NOBUFFERCHECK automatically of course.

I suppose you're going to add "up = jump" or you want me to help?
jotd is offline  
Old 07 April 2020, 13:07   #1164
earok
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Auckland
Posts: 2,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
I could run it with

Code:
cd32load tintoyadventure.slave cdbuffer=0x150000
in the middle of the upper memory there's a big aligned memory block (filled with 0xcccccccc by whdload), I created a script to find the big chunks and found it.

NOBUFFERCHECK alone assumes cdbuffer at 0x1E0000 but there's data there, so it will probably fail. Setting CDBUFFER manually sets NOBUFFERCHECK automatically of course.

I suppose you're going to add "up = jump" or you want me to help?


Thanks, you're awesome

Wellll.. I could maybe do it, though I would prefer if you did if you'd prefer not to, I could try asking Codetapper for the slave source.
earok is offline  
Old 07 April 2020, 23:34   #1165
jotd
This cat is no more
jotd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: FRANCE
Age: 48
Posts: 4,167
I've asked the source to Codetapper. I'm going to give it a go as soon as I get it.
jotd is offline  
Old 09 April 2020, 05:48   #1166
earok
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Auckland
Posts: 2,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
I've asked the source to Codetapper. I'm going to give it a go as soon as I get it.
Cheers

If there's any chance that you could also map down to a button (for selecting spell), that would be amazing
earok is offline  
Old 09 April 2020, 09:42   #1167
jotd
This cat is no more
jotd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: FRANCE
Age: 48
Posts: 4,167
not a problem either. But Codetapper hasn't replied yet
jotd is offline  
Old 30 June 2020, 09:50   #1168
Amigajay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: >
Posts: 2,283
Hey JOTD, do you still have that batch convertor that makes .run files out of any slave files it finds in a particular folder?

If yes can you remind me how to use it (i did use it for the demo collection about 3 years ago)

Cheers!
Amigajay is offline  
Old 30 June 2020, 10:07   #1169
jotd
This cat is no more
jotd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: FRANCE
Age: 48
Posts: 4,167
yes, and it's on my github. It's called compilation maker (python). It has a GUI (using python wx) and it's really simple to use.

https://github.com/jotd666/amiga68kt...pilation_maker

The data I didn't include is the collection of images for the games. But I can provide it by some other way (dropbox...)
jotd is offline  
Old 30 June 2020, 10:15   #1170
Amigajay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: >
Posts: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
yes, and it's on my github. It's called compilation maker (python). It has a GUI (using python wx) and it's really simple to use.

https://github.com/jotd666/amiga68kt...pilation_maker

The data I didn't include is the collection of images for the games. But I can provide it by some other way (dropbox...)
Thanks for that, i’ll give it a go later
Amigajay is offline  
Old 30 June 2020, 14:09   #1171
Amigajay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: >
Posts: 2,283
Hi, it's all greek to me! i have installed Python 3.8.3.
I have the compilation maker folder opened, can you tell me what i need to do next? The read me just says 'run the tool' how do i run a tool? I've tried dragging the compilation_maker file into a Python window, but it just says 'unexpected character after line continuation character'

Last edited by Amigajay; 30 June 2020 at 14:30.
Amigajay is offline  
Old 30 June 2020, 17:22   #1172
jotd
This cat is no more
jotd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: FRANCE
Age: 48
Posts: 4,167
windows? click on "compilation_maker.py"
linux? "python3.8 compilation_maker.py"

As i said you'll probably need the wx package as it's not standard in python. Very easy to install it.
jotd is offline  
Old 30 June 2020, 19:17   #1173
Amigajay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: >
Posts: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
windows? click on "compilation_maker.py"
linux? "python3.8 compilation_maker.py"

As i said you'll probably need the wx package as it's not standard in python. Very easy to install it.

It's really not! Don't forget you do this stuff day in day out, this sort of shit is why i never bought a DOS PC back in the day



Ok, so i have downloaded the:
wxPython-4.1.0-cp38-cp38-win_amd64.whl

How do i install that?
Amigajay is offline  
Old 30 June 2020, 21:45   #1174
jotd
This cat is no more
jotd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: FRANCE
Age: 48
Posts: 4,167
excellent. You could have avoided downloading the wheel file, but now that you have it, you can perform an offline installation: open a DOS command prompt as administrator (very important) and just do:

Code:
python -m pip install wxPython-4.1.0-cp38-cp38-win_amd64.whl
Thank you for using JOTD products
jotd is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.11545 seconds with 14 queries