English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 07 August 2015, 11:42   #101
derSammler

Just tried ScummVM ECS on my A600 (68030 @ 40 MHz). DotT runs quite well, though it gave me graphics glitches at some point which stuck on screen all the time. Not important for now, however.

Since I have an Indivision ECS in my A600, are there plans to support the Indivision in the future for the ECS port? It would allow 256 colors without palette conversion and speed would also be much better.

Keep up the excellent work!
Old 08 August 2015, 04:56   #102
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcGTW_Webmaster View Post
Just tried ScummVM ECS on my A600 (68030 @ 40 MHz). DotT runs quite well, though it gave me graphics glitches at some point which stuck on screen all the time. Not important for now, however.

Since I have an Indivision ECS in my A600, are there plans to support the Indivision in the future for the ECS port? It would allow 256 colors without palette conversion and speed would also be much better.

Keep up the excellent work!
Thanks for the kind words

Nope, no plans do do any new ScummVM releases.

Did you try adjusting 'PALETTE_UPDATE_DELAY' Tooltype?

The way it works is the lower the PALETTE_UPDATE_DELAY then the less graphic glitches you'll see BUT it will run slower (it's a compromise).

This was needed for the OCS/ECS version because the CPU is too slow to update the screen without any delay.

You might also learn some performance tips by watching my video -> [ Show youtube player ]
Old 08 August 2015, 10:24   #103
derSammler

Quote:
Nope, no plans to do any new ScummVM releases.
Too bad. But I respect your decision. Great work you did so far.

Is the source code available? Indivision ECS support has been added to ADoom 1.4. Since that is open source, I guess someone with the required knowledge could port the Indivision ECS code easily.

The graphics glitch I had was not related to palette changes. It was kind of a "damaged" sprite (random pixels that is) that just appeared on screen and stayed there all the time at a fixed position (in-game and in the ScummVM menus). This happened the first time on my A600 and also with WinUAE. I wasn't able to trigger the bug again, however.

Speed is fine with DotT. Only the intro runs jerky in spots. E.g. in the 2nd scene when the two tentacles come out from behind the tree.

//edit:
Tried again a couple of times and the bug appeared again. See attached screenshot.

Last edited by derSammler; 30 August 2023 at 10:06.
Old 08 August 2015, 13:39   #104
NovaCoder

Oh yes, I know that bug. It's something to do with the C2P code.

Yes, source code is with the game
Old 09 August 2015, 20:40   #105
derSammler

Could you perhaps elaborate which additional files and which compiling environment is needed to build ScummVM from your source files?
Old 26 October 2015, 02:50   #106
Combofate

testing on my A600 ACA620/m25hz 2mb chip 4gb cfcard ks3.1 wb3.1 in EHB

monkey 1, monkey2, indy3 and indy 4 works well a bit slow but sill playable (monkey 1 a indy 3) with very little color alteration with SFX only.

DOTT talkie version works also well with out speak and music!!! incredible ! with sfx speech can be activate but

all speech make cfcard blinking one time before speak and make a 1 sec "freeze" all time.may be speak can be "preload" for DOTT talkie version or something.

Zack works like a charm full speed with sound

don't try LOOM but as a600 can't manage music a reasonable speed and this game is all about musique...no sense

Very impressive to play this game on EHB indy 3 is particulary playable on my A600 very impressive works thx you

very much.

How can i update Exec.library for a 020 as only update i found is from Cosmos Blog but all offline because off some bad guys selling is worls as is understand shame is works was usefull.

My best wish is to play Hand of Fate but scumm engine don't see game in folder i think is too old engine version i hope a release with newer scumm engine to add more game compatibility. but i read that you don't plane to make a new release

so much thanks anyway this is so cool ECS swumm.
Old 26 October 2015, 03:39   #107
NovaCoder

Hi Combofate,

Thanks for the kinds words and I'm very excited to her that DOTT is playable on an (expanded) A600 with speech....who would have thought that was ever possible!

Also make sure that you are not using FFS because it's really slow, switch to PFS3 and it might solve your HD access problem (with the freezes).

Nope, sorry...no new Amiga releases planned.

Last edited by NovaCoder; 29 October 2015 at 00:35.
Old 26 October 2015, 21:34   #108
Overflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
Nope, sorry...no new Amiga releases planned.
Ive seen you make similar comments before.

You taking a hiatus from coding?
Old 06 March 2016, 18:20   #109
elrond022

Hi everyone,

I have a little problem here with the Scummvm ECS. When I try to start it, nothing happens but it generates an error file with the following message: "Config file buggy: missing ] in line 1!"

So I checked the conf-file and the ] is there in line 1.

I also tried to delete the config file, then the prg starts, I see the splash screen but then I get the error: " Parser Error: invalid key name" and the errorlog tells me: " Failed to load any gui theme, aborting".

I'm using classic wb 3.1 adv without the cyberbugfix.

Perhaps anyone knows a solution to this problem, would be great.

Thx and BR
Patrick

Old 06 March 2016, 21:18   #110
AMIGASYSTEM

It may be useful to AfA OS "Day of the Tentacle" it seems to have no problem graphic

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 27 May 2016 at 20:52.
Old 23 June 2016, 19:01   #111
KONEY
OctaMED Music Composer

I'm trying to run "The Dig" as it's listed as supported on the docs but I get "no game found" from its folder... am I doing something wrong?
Old 23 June 2016, 21:41   #112
AMIGASYSTEM

It may be that you have not set the right path, or your game is missing some data files. I did a little test with my game "The Dig" and I have not had any problems running the game, also the animated intro was seen and felt good.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 05 October 2016 at 20:07.
Old 23 June 2016, 22:35   #113
KONEY
OctaMED Music Composer

I'm trying to run a version which works under Windows ScummVM, so I'm puzzled... Anyway if it works for you then I must be missing something. Thanks!
Old 23 June 2016, 22:39   #114
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KONEY View Post
I'm trying to run a version which works under Windows ScummVM, so I'm puzzled... Anyway if it works for you then I must be missing something. Thanks!
I'm not sure if the 030 builds support this game, it's probably too new. You might need an 040/060 build (AGA/RTG)
Old 23 June 2016, 22:47   #115
KONEY
OctaMED Music Composer

makes sense... all I know is that it appears on the list of supported games from the ECS_030 readme
Old 23 June 2016, 22:52   #116
KONEY
OctaMED Music Composer

Ok, from the ECS specific readme: "ScummVM ECS only supports early LucasArts games." and The Dig is something like the newest.
Old 23 June 2016, 22:53   #117
KONEY
OctaMED Music Composer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
I did a little test with my game "The Dig" e non ho avuto alcun problema ad esegure il gioco
for the record, are you using the ECS version or AGA/RTG?
Old 24 June 2016, 01:06   #118
AMIGASYSTEM

I used the RTG version, [ Show youtube player ]
Old 24 June 2016, 09:35   #119
KONEY
OctaMED Music Composer

yes, I didn't mention I was using the ECS version because it's on the thread title
Old 01 March 2017, 15:23   #120
KONEY
OctaMED Music Composer

Question Zak McKracken (FM Towns)

Today I'm trying to run Zak McKraken FM Town version (256 colors!!) on ScummVM ECS.

The game is recognized with no problem so I reckon it's supported. But as soon as it starts the VM quits with this message:
Code:
Could not switch to resolution "320x240"
Since this is not a problematic resolution for any Amiga I wonder if I have some settings to do which I'm not aware of. Has anyone ever succeded in running this version of the game and has some hints to share?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scummecs_1.png
Views:	100
Size:	898 Bytes
ID:	52296