English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 05 October 2020, 18:43   #121
sovox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Not sure what you mean, do you want to build the ISO inside an Amiga environment?

You need to check the Winuae website for help for other stuff like that, i only use the quick and easy way via PC Windows, and only use Winuae for testing loading ISO’s, bar extracting adf’s etc

si voglio poter modificare all'interno della cartella i file e poi caricare la cartella in ambiente CDTV questo lo sai fare ?, o bisogna per forza creare la iso e poi caricare per testare, se è cosi pazienza, esempio nebulus se lo carico in ambiente amiga 500 1mb chip, ECS Agnus, kick 1.3 che è la stessa configurazione del CDTV lo carica, invece nella iso si resetta se devo fare tanti test mi tocca ogni volta creare la ISO ti passo il gioco da scaricare vedi se riesci a farlo partire sul CDTV così poi capisco come configurare https://www.edicola8bit.com/test/nebulus.zip che io non sono pratico amigados
Old 05 October 2020, 19:05   #122
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovox View Post
si voglio poter modificare all'interno della cartella i file e poi caricare la cartella in ambiente CDTV questo lo sai fare ?, o bisogna per forza creare la iso e poi caricare per testare, se è cosi pazienza, esempio nebulus se lo carico in ambiente amiga 500 1mb chip, ECS Agnus, kick 1.3 che è la stessa configurazione del CDTV lo carica, invece nella iso si resetta se devo fare tanti test mi tocca ogni volta creare la ISO ti passo il gioco da scaricare vedi se riesci a farlo partire sul CDTV così poi capisco come configurare https://www.edicola8bit.com/test/nebulus.zip che io non sono pratico amigados
Yes you need to remake the ISO if you make any changes which is quick and easy if you use ISOCD for Windows.

Download my CD32/CDTV disc making guide below....it won’t help make a CDTV compilation as that requires hex editing which i haven’t added to the guide, but it help you get a single game disc made to start with, you can’t run before you can walk!

https://mega.nz/file/cEsCSQ6S#Wwzzvs...cn4qvwg8JwHK_E
Old 05 October 2020, 20:42   #123
sovox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Yes you need to remake the ISO if you make any changes which is quick and easy if you use ISOCD for Windows.

Download my CD32/CDTV disc making guide below....it won’t help make a CDTV compilation as that requires hex editing which i haven’t added to the guide, but it help you get a single game disc made to start with, you can’t run before you can walk!

https://mega.nz/file/cEsCSQ6S#Wwzzvs...cn4qvwg8JwHK_E

Ti ringrazio della guida, vedrò di attingere le informazioni se qualcosa mi manca, comunque sono capace di creare le iso, ho anche creato un menu semplice testuali, le idea sono tante, ma purtroppo come sai il CDTV e troppo limitato per caricare i giochi, tanti test bisogna fare, ecco qui la mia immagine ISO che sono riuscito a creare, e in lavorazione, e più un test, la mia idea e di creare un cd con molti giochi e programmi e tanti menu
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10Ke...ew?usp=sharing
Old 07 October 2020, 07:41   #124
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Sovox wanted to be able to mount a folder as an ISO to test without create the iso file; while WinUAE can mount folders as volumes, i doubt it can do the same as virtual ISOs
Old 07 October 2020, 09:47   #125
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
Sovox wanted to be able to mount a folder as an ISO to test without create the iso file; while WinUAE can mount folders as volumes, i doubt it can do the same as virtual ISOs
Yeah, which is why i told him to follow my guide as a base, using ISOCD for Windows only takes between 1-30 secs to make an ISO, i used to do it inside the Amiga environment which took so much longer, when you need to test and retest its a no brainer now.
Old 08 October 2020, 19:04   #126
sovox

many games reset on CDTV

Ciao Amigajay mi potresti fare una grande piacere vorrei caricare il gioco Arkanoid Revenge da cd sul CDTV ma putroppo non lo carica si resetta, c'è ne sono tantissimi che danno lo stesso problema e non riesco a capire come fare per caricarli, se invece lo carico da floppy il cdtv non si resetta presumo che sia compatibile con l cdtv, mi potresti creare un comando per poterlo caricare da cd, così poi ho la base per caricare altri giochi se funziona
esempio il gioco test drive si resettava, però sono riuscito a caricarlo con questo comando Assign "TEST DRIVE:" sys:Games/test_drive/test_drive_1
qui scarichi il gioco https://www.edicola8bit.com/test/arkanoid_revenge.zip
Old 08 October 2020, 19:16   #127
DamienD
Banned

sovox; why don't you use an online translator before posting?
<click>
sovox; perché non usi un traduttore online prima di pubblicare?

Simple:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Amigajay could you please me a great pleasure I would like to load the Arkanoid Revenge game from cd on the CDTV but unfortunately it does not load it resets, there are many that give the same problem and I cannot understand how to load them, if instead load from floppy cdtv does not reset I assume it is compatible with cdtv, you could create me a command to load it from cd, so then I have the basis to load other games if it works
example the test drive game reset itself, but I was able to load it with this command Assign "TEST DRIVE:" sys: Games / test_drive / test_drive_1
here download the game
https://www.edicola8bit.com/test/arkanoid_revenge.zip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...and you should probably start your own thread as all these questions have nothing to do with Amigajay's "Unofficial CDTV Conversion Thread".

...e probabilmente dovresti iniziare il tuo thread poiché tutte queste domande non hanno nulla a che fare con il "thread di conversione CDTV non ufficiale" di Amigajay.

Last edited by DamienD; 08 October 2020 at 19:23.
Old 08 October 2020, 19:36   #128
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovox View Post
Ti ringrazio della guida, vedrò di attingere le informazioni se qualcosa mi manca, comunque sono capace di creare le iso, ho anche creato un menu semplice testuali, le idea sono tante, ma purtroppo come sai il CDTV e troppo limitato per caricare i giochi, tanti test bisogna fare, ecco qui la mia immagine ISO che sono riuscito a creare, e in lavorazione, e più un test, la mia idea e di creare un cd con molti giochi e programmi e tanti menu
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10Ke...ew?usp=sharing

Just tried a few versions of Arkanoid 2 and no luck, crashes for me too.

The CDTV makes it so hard because of KS1.3 you don't realise how much better KS2/3 are until something doesn't work on 1.3! I mean lots of games need DF0 assigning to the games location and its not possible (that i know of) with KS1.3.

Simply being able to rip a ADF in the first place doesn't mean it will work, and since KS1.3 can't use WHDload, the only other option is JST if there is a slave for that particular game.

This is why it took so long when i did my CDTV compilations to actually find games that would fit into ram and then load! But just keep trying other games, but you will find its a case of not having most of the games you actually want.
Old 08 October 2020, 21:13   #129
jotd
This cat is no more

Just shortened Arkanoid 2 disk image to 403k (end of disk is useless DOS.DOS.DOS. pattern) and could boot whdload slave it with JST, but it requires fastmem.

Without fast or even 1 meg of fast, it crashes. Works with 2 megs... damn. That was close
Old 28 October 2020, 21:54   #130
jotd
This cat is no more

with a modified diskimage (400k, shortened) and new version of JST (with MEMF_REVERSE emulation flag for kickstart 1.3) I was able to run Arkanoid 2 on a CDTV machine with 1 Mb memory Of course, quitkey doesn't work, but who cares ?

It means that it becomes (theorically) possible to run whdload games on JST on a stock CDTV kickstart 1.3 machine provided that the sum of required chipmem + game data isn't more than 1MB.

So a lot of early NDOS games using only 512k and a small disk should work.

For instance I think Silkworm should work... Going to try a few games now

Last edited by jotd; 28 October 2020 at 22:56. Reason: working with 1 meg :)
Old 29 October 2020, 07:33   #131
sovox

very interested, I follow
Old 29 October 2020, 08:36   #132
Amigajay

Great work as always JOTD, let us know your findings.
Old 29 October 2020, 08:57   #133
jotd
This cat is no more

time for another google spreadsheet soon
Old 29 October 2020, 09:25   #134
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
time for another google spreadsheet soon
Oo who doesn’t love a google spreadsheet?!
Old 29 October 2020, 18:07   #135
jotd
This cat is no more

I've published JST 6.4 on my github.

Zoned files for Arkanoid 2 working with 1MB kick 1.3

(I shortened the disk file because the end contains just DOSx patterns, so it fits in 400k)

The result is just enough memory to start the game (only $12000 bytes remaining)

So, whdload games that I've successfully tested with the 1MB config

Arkanoid
Arkanoid 2 (shortening the diskfile)
Fernandez Must Die
Nebulus
Nigel Mansells GP (the old one, not Gremlin!)
Rick Dangerous
Silkworm

Mostly, all games that have non-XPK data file/disk size < 450k and 512k chip only will probably work.

Last edited by jotd; 29 October 2020 at 23:57.
Old 30 October 2020, 09:12   #136
sovox

link ?
Old 31 October 2020, 22:15   #137
jotd
This cat is no more

Using a script to compute data & chipmem requirement of slaves, I estimated that more than 300 games (!) can run on an unexpanded 1MB CDTV.

Of course, some are 1-file games that already run on CDTV by just running the executable but a lot of others have NDOS format. So it would be a first.

I'm going to create a bootable POC CD if I can manage to create a menu that works with kickstart 1.3 (checking Amigajay releases)

Spreadsheet (under construction) of potentially working / tested games:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...awM/edit#gid=0

Last edited by jotd; 31 October 2020 at 23:55.
Old 01 November 2020, 03:35   #138
Pyromania

@jotd

Awesome, thank you.
Old 02 November 2020, 00:19   #139
jotd
This cat is no more

Currently creating a CDTV bootable CD. I had to update JST for that (cd issues), but now I'm able to run a few games directly from CD on a stock machine.

I'm copying what Amigajay is doing in terms of menus for his compilations. Hopefully I'll be able to publish some CDTV CD with games that weren't seen on this machine.
Old 02 November 2020, 11:30   #140
jotd
This cat is no more

no I haven't, but as soon as I'm satisfied with a pack of games running from CD in JST, I'll share them so you can integrate them in your compilation.

Some games have the "2nd button = jump" option via CUSTOM2. Maybe add a global setting in the menu, or create 2 entries for games that support it (there may be a few candidates)