English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 12 October 2007, 14:35   #1
mark_k

Any versions of Mac-2-Dos and AMIA programs

Hi,

I'm looking for any versions of Mac-2-Dos, and also the utility/program disk which would (probably) have come with the AMIA cartridge from Utilities Unlimited.

Mac-2-Dos from Central Coast Software was a cartridge that plugs into the Amiga's floppy port and allows a 400K or 800K Macintosh floppy drive to be connected, and Mac disks to be read and written in it. AMIA was similar.

I have an AMIA cartridge here, which from memory came with an Emplant (Mac emulator) disk, but I'm wondering whether any other software ever came with it.

-- Mark
Old 26 March 2011, 23:27   #2
prowler
Global Moderator

Thanks to cosmicfrog, I have acquired a boxed Mac-2-Dos interface adapter and manual, but the Mac-2-Dos software disk is missing.

Enclosed with the manual are the Mac-2-Dos V1.1d Release Notes, dated 13th February 1990.

The original Mac-2-Dos V1.0 Release Notes can be found here:
http://redump.emubase.de/lsd_view.php?id=281

As Mark has mentioned above, Mac-2-Dos from Central Coast Software was an adapter which plugs into the Amiga's floppy port and allows a 400K or 800K Macintosh floppy drive to be connected. The software gives the Amiga read/write access to Macintosh disks.

I am also looking for any version of the Mac-2-Dos software to use with this interface, but have not been able to find it online. Does anyone have this one in their collection, please?