English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 23 April 2011, 15:39   #1
Tolls

Vectrex collection with 3D Imager, light-pen and complete set of games

Hi,

I just wanted to post a link to my Vectrex collection here. It’s pretty near complete and includes 3D Imager, light-pen and 31 games – everything boxed. I’d love to chase down some prototype stuff, so that’s my next aim with the collection.

[ Show youtube player ]
Thanks for looking!
Tolls.
Old 23 April 2011, 19:14   #2
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

nice one Tolls, I was recently given a broken vectrex which I was able to get repaired by an amiga user group member. I wasnt given any games though but did purchase a vecmulti cart which takes microSD cards. Great system with some impressive games.
Old 23 April 2011, 20:00   #3
Tolls

Yep - thanks. I've not collected any Vectrex stuff for a bout 5 years now, but recently I've got the bug again. The 3D Imager is the jewel of the collection really, pretty rare and nice condition, but it did cost me a few £££ about 10 years ago. I can certainly recommended playing Protector if you ever get chance, a superb Defender clone.

Tolls.
Old 23 April 2011, 20:19   #4
desiv

Yep, I have a Protector from the initial run. Great game...
And I have a homebrew 3D-LCD shutter adapter/glasses. It's not a true 3D imager (no color and not the same), but it's fun..

I have to admit,I love my Amiga's, but my Vec is my pride and joy of my retro stuff.
Partly because I didn't have one back in the day (I did have Amigas), and mostly because it's just so damn kual. ;-)

And I agree, great games...

It's starting to take quite a while to come on after I twist the dial tho, so I think it needs some CAP work... Might have to find someone to help me with that.. I don't trust myself with my Vec and a soldering iron. ;-)

Nice collection!!

One other thing I like is using the Atari driving controller and the Spinnerama games/Tsunami.. Not a TRUE tempest, but some fun in there as well..

desiv
Old 24 April 2011, 10:50   #5
Tolls

Same here desiv, absolutely love my Amiga - I still have my original A500 from 1987 and wouldn't part with it for the world.

I'd love to get some prototype Vectrex games, but what I really want is the Adventurevision, but can't see that happening!

Tolls.
Old 24 April 2011, 13:45   #6
laffer
Zone Friend

That's really cool, nice collection!