English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 03 July 2017, 17:36   #81
ecidemon

Good work paulo_becas.
More options is always welcome if you ask me!

I remember back in the day a few years after commodores demise and how difficult it was to find Amiga related perifirals and hardware in the computer stores that used to stock them just a few years prior. Old mice were going bad and with the internet as it was back then it was just very difficult to get replacements or find the info on how to do it your self.

My old hardware is long gone. But with new found interest I've bought a few Amiga computers and there are several options readily available for resonable prices too given the small market.
Be that converters or accelerators it's really good we have dedicated people willing to do this for us, the users who can't them selves and just want to have fun and relive old memories.

I can now run my Amiga 600 with wireless keyboard and mice via upgrades simple to use and install, display on vga and hdmi with perfect picture on my big screen tv in an OS that feels very snappy and is a joy to operate.

And it's all thanks to the dedicated people who use their time to develop new hardware for our old computers we love so much
Thank you

Old 03 July 2017, 17:54   #82
paulo_becas

You're absolutely right
When i picked up my childwood computers again around 2007 / 2008, i found a great comunity wiling to help guys like me to resurect their old amigas, so i did and 10 years on i'm more than happy to help others reliving an important stage of their lives.
That's the spirit
Old 04 July 2017, 15:47   #83
MartinW

I'm not sure if I would buy one of these anyway as I have one I bought from someone else some years ago, but every time I see one of these types of adapters I always find myself wishing someone would make one that stands vertically from the back of the connector. Not only do I find that they stick out a long way, but for an A1000 a vertical adapter would be very nice
Old 04 July 2017, 18:03   #84
paulo_becas

That's something to consider in a future batch
Old 04 July 2017, 21:41   #85
idrougge

I make all my adapters cable-mounted for that reason.
Old 05 July 2017, 09:45   #86
paulo_becas

We see, that, as a problem also, mainly for the people who don't have much desk space, that's why we are thinking integrating this adapter, with a few modifications, inside a PS2 mouse so that people can use them like a original amiga mouse.
Instead selling only the adapter, why don't sell the all solution? It will only add a few € to the final price, it all depends on the retail price of the mouse.