English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 13 November 2019, 17:31   #1
hexaae
Bug hunter

Oscar AGA WHDLoad cheat improvements idea

@WHDLoad authors

Oscar AGA has always had a very good and colorful gfx with nice effects (underwater etc.), but the lack of game design made it boring and repetitive. So I was wondering if...

Would it be possible to implement 1 hit = death for enemies (it's 3 in the original game)? And maybe add a "no respawn" (or much longer at least) option after you kill them?

This game was technically quite cool with crisp gfx and nice AGA effects, a real pleasure to see, but gameplay has always been killed by that stupid respawn system and enemies to be hit 3 times to die... Very bad game design ideas that made it boring and uninteresting/frustrating IMHO.

@JOTD
Do you want to try adding these two new cheats?
Old 13 November 2019, 20:22   #2
jotd
This cat is no more

Hexaae you're right. This game graphics makes it one of the best platformer graphics, probably because there aren't a lot of AGA platformers (there are a few, but they've added another level of parallax instead of displaying 256 colors. Not sure about Oscar but the number of displayed colors is impressive). Playability is a nightmare, you're right... Too bad as the game is huge.

the avoid respawn thingy looks difficult to do but killing enemies with 1 hit is probably a good idea and doable. Maybe except for "big" enemies?

Also I was thinking about a levelskip/level completed key.
Old 13 November 2019, 22:09   #3
hexaae
Bug hunter

I agree. There were very few platformers with so nice AGA gfx (also Quik the Thunder Rabbit was AGA and impressive) unfortunately, and that's why it's a pity for Oscar...

Would be great if you can add those features (if we're lucky there's a sort of "respawn countdown timer when-out-of-screen" to alter?)!
For big enemies I'd leave it optional, but I agree and makes sense a pair of hits.

Levelskip complete key (optional please, I hate to cheat accidentally!) is also good.

P.S.
There is still that small glitch underwater with rattling up/down sprite of Oscar at bubble sound to fix BTW