English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 12 September 2018, 04:29   #1
ubermick

Boing Bag 1 Error - "Executing non-function in line 3"

ARGH!

Created an iso of my freshly arrived 3.9 CD and installed it on a CF card in WinUAE in preparation for my new A1200. Install went without a hitch. Downloaded the Boing Bags, and got an "Executing non-function in line 3" error.

Initially used the unarc to unpack the LHA file and then came across a thread on Amibay where someone recommended upgrading the stock version of LHA. So downloaded the latest version of from Aminet, and unpacked the LHA manually via CLI:
Code:
lha x Work:BoingBag3-9_1.lha DH0:
And ran the subsequent installer. Got the same problem. Following that:
  • Tried downloading the files again and unpacked via CLI... same issue.
  • Deleted the Boing Bag LHA files, cleared the cache in my PC's browser, downloaded directly to the Work folder and tried again via CLI... same issue.
  • Downloaded the LHA files on my Mac, plopped 'em on a USB stick and copied them into the Work folder being used by WinUAE... same issue.
  • Copied the LHA onto one of the volumes set up on the CF card and tried unpacking from there... same issue.
  • Searched online for a different place to download them from, manually unpacked that first one to DH0:... same issue.
At this point have spent a good few hours at this, and can't for the life of me fathom what's going on. Heeeeeeeeelp!
Old 12 September 2018, 07:28   #2
AMIGASYSTEM

Where did you download the archive? "BoingBag3-9_1.lha" the name of the original archive should be "BoingBag39-1.lha"
The error could be caused by the corrupt archive, with which browser did you download the archive? try to download it from HERE maybe from windows.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 12 September 2018 at 07:35.
Old 12 September 2018, 09:04   #3
thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermick View Post
got an "Executing non-function in line 3" error.
Make sure that Sys:Utilities/Installer is the only copy of the Installer program on your harddrive and that it is version 44. Check Sys:C which is the most common wrong location of the Installer program. If you once replaced Sys:Utilities/Installer by an older (or third-party) version, you can copy V44 from the OS 3.9 CD.
Old 12 September 2018, 16:39   #4
ubermick

@amigasystem - my fault, that was a typo in my post. It is the correct file on the Amiga, and the site you referenced is the second place I tried downloading the boing bags from.

@thomas - Yep, you got it. There was a rogue install of Installer lurking in DH0:C. Deleted it, and lo and behold it's installing now. THANK YOU AND I OWE YOU A BIER!!!!
Old 12 September 2018, 18:38   #5
zipper

The command to check lurking installers is <which installer all> for later use...(learned in a similar way...)
Old 30 January 2021, 21:07   #6
amijim

Today i had the same problem and all i had to do was to copy the installer from the Amiga os 3,9cd to the hardisk C directory and presto!