English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 04 November 2015, 10:59   #1
earok

Asylum Jam 6th-9th Nov (Calling anyone who can develop/contribute to an Amiga game)

http://www.asylumjam.com/

Quote:
Asylum Jam is a 48 hour long game jam where game developers are challenged to make a horror game and explore the genre without negative mental health or medical stereotypes.

This year, Asylum Jam will be taking place from November 6th to 9th for whatever 48 hour period that is most convenient for you in your timezone. The ticker here is set to 12AM GMT+13.

The challenge, as always, is to create a horror game following this one rule:

"1.) You should not use asylums, psychiatric institutes, medical professionals or violent/antipathic/’insane’ patients as settings or triggers."

I thought it'd be awesome the Amiga community produces some brand new games for the Jam. If there's more than 2-3 entries playable on a stock CD32, I promise I'll do a CD32 release of a bundle of entries through CD32.co.uk too. I myself will try to do make something, though it'll probably be a Gloom Total Conversion, Backbone game or the like. Any takers?
Old 04 November 2015, 17:19   #2
Selur

It would be awesome if the Amiga community produce some brand new games for Amiga, and to produce new game it would need 48 weeks not hours. It's impossible to write a game in 48 hours and if someone do this the game will be totally crapp.
We don't need crapps anymore.
Old 04 November 2015, 18:57   #3
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
It would be awesome if the Amiga community produce some brand new games for Amiga, and to produce new game it would need 48 weeks not hours. It's impossible to write a game in 48 hours and if someone do this the game will be totally crapp.
We don't need crapps anymore.
My, you are obviously a stranger to the concept of Game Jam.

You can produce a game under 48 hours on any system. It is just a matter of scaling down needs appropriately and making use of the most easily accessible resources on that system.

A friend of mine who writes Oric demos uses an Oric to compete in game jams and usually obtains very respectable results. With Amos or Blitz Basic and a good coder/artist pair one can no doubt create a competitive game. Same with C/assembly if one already has a good framework at their disposal.

Yup, you ain't gonna sell it at $10 on Steam that's for sure but the reward of game jams is not the end result but the experience of a special development environment.
Old 04 November 2015, 19:44   #4
earok

What @ReadOnlyCat said they're also a great way to learn and experiment. Game Jams are a beautiful thing.
Old 05 November 2015, 12:39   #5
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnlyCat View Post

You can produce a game under 48 hours on any system. It is just a matter of scaling down needs appropriately and making use of the most easily accessible resources on that system.
Wow looks like you have your first entry
Old 05 November 2015, 16:54   #6
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
Wow looks like you have your first entry
Huhu, I see what you are doing here.

I agree that producing something instead of simply flapping my mouth would do me a lot of good.
Old 05 November 2015, 23:24   #7
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnlyCat View Post
Huhu, I see what you are doing here.

I agree that producing something instead of simply flapping my mouth would do me a lot of good.
All the best