English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 28 December 2018, 12:34   #21
Gorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikems View Post
Sorry this is not my task, if you try using google you'll find. Remember that Luis Coco say it in the first post.
Yes it is YOUR task!
You are making quite heavy allegations, so you are the one that needs to provide some proof now.
Old 28 December 2018, 12:38   #22
kikems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorf View Post
Yes it is YOUR task!
You are making quite heavy allegations, so you are the one that needs to provide some proof now.
I don't want fight , read first post of Luis Coco, please.

"The price was discussed and Amiten wanted to put it free. basically because the drawings are free of the network (mentioned above), retouched by him. "
Old 28 December 2018, 12:40   #23
nobody

Quote:
Sorry this is not my task, if you try using google you'll find. Remember that Luis Coco say it in the first post.

"The price was discussed and Amiten wanted to put it free. basically because the drawings are free of the network (mentioned above), retouched by him. "
Maybe they are free with a licence that permits to be used commercially. But saying they are stolen is a different matter at the given time when some people are banned and we're in the middle of the desert in an epic sh1t-tornado.
Old 28 December 2018, 12:41   #24
Gorf

Quote:
I don't want fight , read first post of Luis Coco, please.

What first post?
Where?

Why don't you just provide a link to these "stolen" assets?
So I have to asume, you are not telling the truth
Old 28 December 2018, 12:43   #25
kikems

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
Maybe they are free with a licence that permits to be used commercially. But saying they are stolen is a different matter at the given time when some people are banned and we're in the middle of the desert in an epic sh1t-tornado.
Luis Coco is here, representing the team and the project. Anyone read the first post ???
Old 28 December 2018, 12:49   #26
Gorf

Quote:
Luis Coco is here, representing the team and the project. Anyone read the first post ???
there is no link in the his post!
So where did the assets come from?

Luis Coco did not write "stolen" - YOU are the one insisting, that the material is not meant for commercial products.

Please provide some evidence to your accusations!
Why are you refusing, to give us a link?

your behavior only leads to the conclusion that your accusations are false.
Old 28 December 2018, 12:52   #27
nobody

He said they are free, but there are some kinds of "free" around, others that don't permit commercial use and others that do.

For me personally if I would post them to opengameart I wouldn't mind if they had used them commercially as long as they credit me.
Old 28 December 2018, 13:10   #28
kikems

Quote:
there is no link in the his post!
So where did the assets come from?

Luis Coco did not write "stolen" - YOU are the one insisting, that the material is not meant for commercial products.

Please provide some evidence to your accusations!
Why are you refusing, to give us a link?

your behavior only leads to the conclusion that your accusations are false.
This is part of the problem, load de "Demo" for promote sales , check credits and show me where you can see the author of graphics.
omited ?????????
Really stolen is not bad word for this.

In a normal situation I no need show you a link, the game comes with the link that you want to find.

I have opined in this post as user, and my opinion is that if you use free assets please not make game commercial, if I want send you money for your work I'll voluntary send you, but please don't cheat me.

Last edited by kikems; 28 December 2018 at 13:16.
Old 28 December 2018, 13:11   #29
Gorf

Amiten announced on Facebook to cancel the whole "Coco Banana" project:

Quote:
I proceed to cancel this project. The people who bought your physical edition, will receive your purchase, everything is on the way. for the Rest Thank you for all the support and for my part this is over. very sad as a community destroys the illusions and the work of others with so much fierce criticism and people who use this hobby to take personal shit against others ... Ladies and Gentlemen this page will be closed throughout today.
He blames EAB and the community for this ... but honestly I do not buy it.
Probably he realized that some legal issues would follow the release...
Old 28 December 2018, 13:13   #30
Gorf

Quote:
Just give us a link!!!!!
Old 28 December 2018, 13:19   #31
kikems

Quote:
Just give us a link!!!!!
it is not necessary, nobody cancels a game for a lie.
Old 28 December 2018, 13:20   #32
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Amiten announced on Facebook to cancel the whole "Coco Banana" project:

Quote:
Due to all the storm that has occurred in the english Amiga Board forum for the criticism and abuse of power of a moderator there, along with what is still being said there, and for not being able to defend my project, my arguments, or nothing, because I´m Banned unfairly there, I do not want to continue reading stupid things or know anything about this community for a long time. I proceed to cancel this project. The people who bought your physical edition, will receive your purchase, everything is on the way. for the Rest Thank you for all the support and for my part this is over. very sad as a community destroys the illusions and the work of others with so much fierce criticism and people who use this hobby to take personal shit against others ... Ladies and Gentlemen this page will be closed throughout today.
He blames EAB and the community for this ... but honestly I do not buy it.
Probably he realized that some legal issues would follow the release...
Oh right, because of me the game is now not continuing

...what a joke, talk about throwing your toys out of the pram!!!

Another fine example of maturity.

I tell you what, I'll reverse the temporary ban and he can come back to say whatever he likes...

Edit: and done

Last edited by DamienD; 28 December 2018 at 13:26.
Old 28 December 2018, 13:21   #33
NeoHippie2016
Freak

Many thanks to the guys, who destroys the Amiga Scene!!! kikems, what about a proof of your opinion? (i criticise not a Special Person for it. But i think, this is the wrong way for all of us!!!)
Old 28 December 2018, 13:27   #34
Gorf

Quote:
it is not necessary, nobody cancels a game for a lie.
true and I guess you are right!
But still a link to the original material would clear things up once and for all ... so pretty please?
Old 28 December 2018, 13:40   #35
kikems

Until now I'm not opine about if the game is good or bad, expensive or cheap, simply talk about how I understand than contributions and developments of Amiga community should be take.
Really I not have problem if CocoBanana team want money for his great job or not, it's not my problem. But when I read that someone justify ask for money because his country have bad economy and recognize that the graphics taken from free library, I want say my opinion about this.
My opinion from start was I recommend if you want make money with your game leave as free and let the people contribute with donate or optional buy a phisical edition.

I have expressed my opinion in a respectful way since the beginning and I have not accused of anything that is not recognized in the first post.
As I said before, when you give a free game to the community, I think that everyone who thinks must be from gratitude, but when you sell it then you have to be honest and consistent with the opinions of potential buyers. If you are not willing, you will only find frustration.

If now Amiten has decided to cancel the project, I really do not consider it to be my fault or my responsibility.

If all CocoBanana posts are going to be something like ..... or write what I like or get angry, then I think it's better not to write.

Of course I can show links to many links, but I also think it is an unnecessary bad drink and it was not my intention to do so.

Few post before I ask DamienD about "stolen" word . If you take free assets you should be credited if not you stolen this assets, I can´t understand what is the incorrect part of what I said. If you prefer say "unauthorized use" or "inappropiate use" for me is good too.

Last edited by kikems; 28 December 2018 at 13:49.
Old 28 December 2018, 13:46   #36
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
If now Amiten has decided to cancel the project, I really do not consider it to be my fault or my responsibility.
No, apparently it's all my fault... and if you believe that then I guess you'll believe anything...
Old 28 December 2018, 13:49   #37
Gorf

I mostly share your opinion on this matter, kikems.
But:
Quote:
I have expressed my opinion in a respectful way since the beginning and I have not accused of anything that is not recognized in the first post.
you said the material was "stolen" - that is different from the first post, were it only says "drawings are free of the network".
As long as we do not know the exact license of that drawings, it might as well be ok to reuse them without any credits - it all depends on the license.
Old 28 December 2018, 13:56   #38
kikems

Quote:
I mostly share your opinion on this matter, kikems.
But:

you said the material was "stolen" - that is different from the first post, were it only says "drawings are free of the network".
As long as we do not know the exact license of that drawings, it might as well be ok to reuse them without any credits - it all depends on the license.
I know. For me it's fine if you prefer to keep thinking that everyone is good.
Old 28 December 2018, 14:00   #39
Gorf

I am not.
You just could have admitted, that you don't have any further information ...
Old 28 December 2018, 14:07   #40
Gorf

Other question:

How does all this work in terms of taxes and VAT?
I can find no tax-number or anything ... the whole purchase process seems ... well ... "private"

On the "Dream of Rowan" page you can read:
Quote:
Price 19.90€ + Free Shipping Buy Now!
Just Send Gift money to clubamiten@gmail.com Paypal Account
so you send money as a "gift" and get back an other "gift" (the game)?

what do Spanish tax officials say to that?