English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 06 October 2018, 22:35   #1
UserH

The chance of getting FFshop fully running on 68k machines?

Evening all..

I noticed from someone else's post on the EAB forum.. That the non liner video editing front end program FFshop is actually a native 68k binary.

After some faffing around trying to hunt down the libraries and 68k binaries of FFmpeg an Mplayer, that it's needs to work.. I've managed to get the program to run in AmigaOS 3.1 in UAE.. However.. When I try to open a file.. FFMpeg complains about having the wrong parameters in the console window and then it spews a few more of error messages and crashes back to the desktop without a trace.

Does anyone know what else I need to do.. OR what is missing that might be needed to get it fully working on AmigaOS 3.x?
Old 07 October 2018, 01:01   #2
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserH View Post
I noticed from someone else's post on the EAB forum.. That the non liner video editing front end program FFshop is actually a native 68k binary.
Not exactly it is actually a RxMUI script. The latest version requires a newer version of FFmpeg than is currently available for OS3 AFAIK. It is possible to use version 0.5 with a minor modification though:

Click image for larger version

Name:	FFShop_MUI3.9.png
Views:	154
Size:	501.8 KB
ID:	60152

Doubt that version is available online now, will dig a copy out and post it here later...
It is a bit limited - a newer version of FFMpeg would enable more functions.

Last edited by James; 07 October 2018 at 01:07. Reason: More info.
Old 07 October 2018, 04:24   #3
UserH

EEH.. I'm not really bothered with fancy features.. So long as I have a simple program that can put a few clips together.. It'll sure beat having to keep typing out a loooooooong command each time to make FFmpeg do it's thing.

Can this modified version of FFshop work in stock AmigaOS 3.1? or will I need 3.5 onwards?

Last edited by UserH; 07 October 2018 at 04:32.
Old 07 October 2018, 18:34   #4
gulliver
BoingBagged

Here you have FFshop 0.5

Now for starters please gather all other dependencies and put an archive in The Zone! so that others can start playing with it too.

Maybe just asking its author will help the cause?
Attached Files
File Type: lha ffshop05.lha (2.00 MB, 87 views)
Old 11 October 2018, 00:55   #5
UserH

Thanks for uploading FFshop 0.5 gulliver..

I've gotten it working under Amiga OS 3.1.. But I had to use an older version of the gfxgui and render libraries.. (version 19 something for gfxgui I believe) But sadly though.. it's still crashing when I try and open any video file..

James, If you can't track down and upload your modified version of FFshop. Would it be possible to at least point out what needs to be modified in the script file for FFshop 0.5 to work under OS 3.1?
Old 23 December 2018, 17:27   #6
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserH View Post
James, If you can't track down and upload your modified version of FFshop. Would it be possible to at least point out what needs to be modified in the script file for FFshop 0.5 to work under OS 3.1?
Sorry for the late response, have checked my modified version, and the only change was to enable preview images to work correctly. Looks like your system is not capable of running it.