English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Modules

Old 19 March 2016, 15:46   #1
Brisuth

Old Composed Mods

I'm hoping that there's someone out there who can help an old Amiga games music composer to recover his music....
Many moons ago, I was a freelance games music composer, primarily working on the Amiga. and I Recently I discovered a box in my attic stuffed full of Amiga stuff...In amongst it all was all the original music I had composed for Nighthawk by Microprose..There are also one or two bis and pieces that were never used by them including a piece that was written for Knights of The Sky..along with various odds and ends that were intended for games long since forgotten....
However, my dilemma is that it would be great to resurrect these pieces and to hear them again...They are all on floppies, and I have no idea how to get them onto my PC.....any ideas anybody?? please..!!
I did read the section on mods on here, but I'm afraid that I couldn't understand what the writers were saying, and my Amiga days are a long time behind me...

Old 19 March 2016, 15:51   #2
s2325
Zone Friend

Maybe try to find someone also from Cornwall. Good luck with restoring old music.
Old 19 March 2016, 16:28   #3
Amiga1992

I offer my help if nobody from the UK can. I have done this in the past for people on EAB who wanted to restore their modules, alas, I used to live in London so it would have been easier for you to ship stuff to me.

Here's hoping someone in the UK helps you out dumping your disks and preserving your work.
Old 19 March 2016, 23:27   #4
prowler
Global Moderator

Hi Brisuth,

I would love to help you restore all your files from those floppy disks.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to spend much time on my retro computing hobby recently and so there are already a number of EAB members waiting for me to complete problematic data recovery jobs I have not had the time to finish.

You might not wish to go to the trouble and expense of sending me all those disks anyway, and there is some likelihood that they've deteriorated while being stored in your attic (they don't survive very well in unfavourable temperature and/or humidity conditions).

However, if you're confident that the disks will not have deteriorated in storage (and I have indeed recovered many disks perfectly intact after some years stored in an attic), then you are welcome to send them to me.

I will recover the files from those that are in good shape straightaway, but any problematic disks will have to wait in the queue while I complete the other outstanding jobs.

This may not sound much of an offer for you to consider, I'm afraid, but I'm sure you will understand that it's the best I can offer you in the circumstances.

PS. The reason I don't have much time for this is my wife's illness, but she's recovering well, so there is light at the end of the tunnel.