English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 01 January 2010, 17:24   #181
cybernoid
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

I made a Button in Dopus4.16 that does the following:
ProcessIcon {f} Workbench:fun/IGame/game.info CDT CSS CTT
Rename *.Slave game.Slave

The icon I use as source is very short, 256b inc Tooltypes etc, and I made it in IconEdit. The Icons-destination are whdload icons.

Sometimes works well, other times the pic of the .info is erased

My WinUAE has a config similar to Amiga4000, but with 65megas Ram and no fast ram. The Wb is with 8colors and noromupdates. clean Startup-Sequence

With 45.1 everything works ok. I ask if the size of your icon library is 28676 (weird to me, because it's almost half the size, icons looks better and it's a lot faster)

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
Hello cybernoid,

could you please give me some more detailed information on the particular instructions of ProcessIcon with your options that won't work for you.

I've just tried these instructions from the shell:
1. ProcessIcon newicon reficon cdt
2. ProcessIcon newicon reficon css
3. ProcessIcon newicon reficon ctt

with the icon.library 46.4.129 and all seems to work so far for me.
So, what's going wrong on your system?

Maybe, you could also supply the icons in question? Thanks!

Last edited by cybernoid; 01 January 2010 at 17:26. Reason: more info
Old 02 January 2010, 01:20   #182
PeterK

Quote:
ProcessIcon {f} Workbench:fun/IGame/game.info CDT CSS CTT
Please send me a copy of "game.info" to pkeunecke(at)alice-dsl(dot)net .
I don't know what *.Slave and game.Slave is, but I guess it's not important for reproducing this issue.

Quote:
The icon I use as source is very short, 256b inc Tooltypes etc, and I made it in IconEdit. The Icons-destination are whdload icons.
Unfortunately, IconEdit still has a lot of bugs, even though it's probably not responsible in this case since the older icon.library works for you. Ok, it seems that whdload needs these "game.Slave" files.

Interesting to know that you use 8 Colors only on your workbench. Are all of them MWB-colors and are they all locked or just 4 fixed WB-colors and 4 free pens?

If you also make use of NewIcons, which version of newicon.library is installed on your system. There are 3 different versions from the NewIcons 4.6 package and two emulated newicon.libraries v44.3 and v45.0 (OS 3.9) by Stephan Rupprecht.

Quote:
With 45.1 everything works ok. I ask if the size of your icon library is 28676 (weird to me, because it's almost half the size, icons looks better and it's a lot faster)
No need to worry about the size, there's sooo much badly written code (unnecessary and redundant instructions) in the original icon.library that it just melts down the more I'm replacing of it with my own routines. But at the moment there are still 4000 lines waiting to be rewritten in otimized assembler code and my motivation is already very low to finish that job.

Hmm, how can 8-color icons look better? I always thought that IconBeFast would improve things only with more than 32 colors
Old 02 January 2010, 18:46   #183
cybernoid
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Interesting to know that you use 8 Colors only on your workbench. Are all of them MWB-colors and are they all locked or just 4 fixed WB-colors and 4 free pens?

You mean if I use Fullpallete,etc ? -No! and no magicicons color either. But I like my Wb.

at the moment there are still 4000 lines waiting to be rewritten in optimized assembler code.

You make me (and possible all the people here) think that with some motivation you could do some kind of utopicbench, twice faster and twice lighter.

Hmm, how can 8-color icons look better? I always thought that IconBeFast would improve things only with more than 32 colors...

I don't know > E-mail sent.

Thanks for your library and HappyNew Year!
Old 04 January 2010, 15:34   #184
PeterK

Happy New Year to everybody here...

and a big THANK YOU to Márcio alias cybernoid and to Jeff for their bug-reports. The ProcessIcon bug and an enforcer zeropage read hit are fixed now. The following functions in the icon.library were broken: OptimizeImageSpace(), DropChunkyIconImage(), DropNewIconToolTypes(), OnlyUpdatePosition(), PreserveOldIconImages().

Icon.library: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=197

Last edited by PeterK; 27 January 2010 at 22:50.
Old 06 January 2010, 17:18   #185
gulliver
BoingBagged

Well, as you all probably know by now that BoingBag 3 project has been finalized. As someone suggested, it could not transform itself into a moving target any longer, and thus a never ending project goal. So we had put some sense on it and declare it finsished.
But this doesnt mean that the idea of enhancing, updating and bugfixing AmigaOS 3.9 has ended. In fact it means we have to start again, with a new BoingBag, now named unofficial BoingBag 4. I believe there is still many things to improve on AmigaOS 3.9, and by the way we already have the first entry, a bugfix for icon.library.
Of course, as usual, you can get the latest updates and information on BoingBag 4 at http://lilliput.host-cafe.com

Happy New Year!

PS: Thank you @PeterK for your work!
Old 07 January 2010, 20:55   #186
kolla
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
In fact it means we have to start again, with a new BoingBag, now named unofficial BoingBag 4. I believe there is still many things to improve on AmigaOS 3.9, and by the way we already have the first entry, a bugfix for icon.library.
Brilliant!

If have some suggestions and wishes myself, but I'm uncertain on who to approach or where to suggest them. It would be nice with some forum, or bugtracking tool we could use for this. What do you think?
Old 07 January 2010, 22:28   #187
gulliver
BoingBagged

I really enjoy using both this forum and amiga.org. So if you have a good idea, just post it over here.
If any idea seems reasonable and doable, i know it will be done, we are grown up open minded people.
But if you think there is a better method of doing things, i am all ears!
Old 07 January 2010, 23:06   #188
kolla
Banned

Quote:
I really enjoy using both this forum and amiga.org. So if you have a good idea, just post it over here.
I'm fine with EAB

My first wish for improvement (that I have mentioned earlier on amiga.org as well) is for the console.device (EDIT: It is probably con-handler, huh?) to use newlook menus.

A second wish would be simple tab-expansion functionality in shell without the need for KingCON or ViNCed, so that it works even when booting without startup-sequence.

A third would be a HAM checkmark in the SYS:Prefs/ScreenMode for native modes (Yes, one can run Workbench in HAM, it is possible).

And lastly, even though OS3.9 strictly is 020+, it would be very nice if there could be 68000 variants of updates as well (unless 020+ optimizing _is_ the update). Esxpecially in the cases where the original OS3.9 binary works with 68000. The 68000 is back, sort of, on MiniMig and as softcore, and plenty faster than original 68000, so it's kinda sad when software cant run because they only exists as optimized for 020+. MiniMigs can now run with a ~50MHz 68000, and depending on RAM speed can be quite alot faster than for example the 020 in an A1200.

Cheers

Last edited by kolla; 08 January 2010 at 01:06. Reason: Noticed how KingCON replaces con-handler
Old 09 January 2010, 05:24   #189
kolla
Banned

Another wish entry

When using backdrop on workbench, the backdrop is always moved down to make room for the screen title bar, and consequently the bottom stripe of the backdrop is chopped off. It would be better if it could be chopped at the top rather than the bottom.
Old 09 January 2010, 21:47   #190
Rixa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
AmiTCP (Genesis) 4.6 -> 4.6*
* Although the version numbers are identical, the BB3 version fixes packet fragmentation issues.
What is the origin of this fix?
Old 11 January 2010, 07:06   #191
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixa View Post
What is the origin of this fix?
http://aminet.net/comm/tcp/AmiTCP_PacketFix.lha
Old 17 January 2010, 20:49   #192
gulliver
BoingBagged

Okay, the Unofficial Boing Bag 4 got an update:

MooVid 1.7 beta
This is the last version of the popular 68k video player available. It contains, even more bugfixes and supported codecs.

For this and BoingBag 3 information and downloads go to:

http://lilliput.host-cafe.com

Last edited by gulliver; 17 January 2010 at 23:14.
Old 17 January 2010, 22:12   #193
Rixa

Quote:
MooVid 1.7 beta
This is the last version of the popular 68k video player available. It contains, even more bugfixes and supported codecs.
Does this have an up-to-date home on the web? The only page I can find lists 1.5 as the latest version and the contact link is dead. It also requests a registration fee, is this no longer shareware?
Old 23 January 2010, 17:07   #194
kolla
Banned

More bugs...
Workbench in 3.9 always treats icons of drawers as "drawer type" icons, even if one explicitly set them to be of type "project". I thought this perhaps has been an intended "fix" in 3.5 or 3.9, but then I noticed in a thread on amigans.net that Workbench in OS4 allows one to use project icons for drawers. I want this on OS3.9 as well. (It used to be there at least in OS3.1, I remember using it for setting PPShow as default tool for drawers with images).

I dont know if this it is workbench.library or icon.library that does this, I will experiment with different versions to see if I can find out.

Last edited by kolla; 23 January 2010 at 17:24.
Old 23 January 2010, 18:57   #195
gulliver
BoingBagged

Thanks for the bug report!
Please keep us updated for the cause and hopefully for workaround of this bug.
Old 27 January 2010, 12:10   #196
gulliver
BoingBagged

BoingBag 4 got new updates:

Canon BJC6000 (and possibly other Canon 720x720) printer drivers. Written for OS3.5/3.9
Includes limited support for photo printhead, and text mode printing.

Epson_Colour_45.lha is a colour printer driver for the Epson Stylus Colour printers.
It should work with the Stylus S20, D120 or Cx0 series which also supports 1440 dpi.

For more information, patches and updates, visit http://lilliput.host-cafe.com
Old 27 January 2010, 22:47   #197
PeterK

Update: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=227

Last edited by PeterK; 17 February 2010 at 03:22.
Old 28 January 2010, 00:33   #198
gulliver
BoingBagged

Thank you @PeterK
Old 28 January 2010, 05:11   #199
kolla
Banned

Yes, great - thanks
Old 30 January 2010, 17:07   #200
Cosmos
Banned

>Of course, as usual, you can get the latest updates and information on BoingBag 4

Will you put the great MCP 1.48 into ?