English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 25 May 2010, 21:00   #1
Leandro Jardim

Patch for invisible caret? NewIcons?

Hi, in my system, the caret of Reaction dialogs is always insivible (its the same as the background color). I tried to change the palette, without success. Does somebody knows of any patch to change the color of the system caret?

And for NewIcons, does somebody knows of any patch to remove the border of icons, with the color of the workbench pattern?

EDIT: modified.

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 19 November 2010 at 09:25.
Old 25 May 2010, 21:38   #2
thomas

Not sure what you mean. You can use Prefs/ReAction to choose a background image for ReAction windows and you can use Prefs/Workbench to disable the border around icons.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	reaction_prefs.png
Views:	176
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	25447   Click image for larger version

Name:	workbench_prefs.png
Views:	182
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	25448  
Old 25 May 2010, 23:08   #3
Leandro Jardim

Oops! Sorry, I am learning English! The first question is about AmigaOS 3.9. In my Workbench with 16 colors, the keyboard cursor is pratically invisible. Its color is a bit darker than the background, and I were not able to change it.

The second question is about AmigaOS 3.1. NewIcons removes the border around the icons, but replaces it with the color of the screen, gray. All icons in my system are drawn with a gray rectangle around them.

And I am looking for a way to fix these problems. You can help me, please?

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 19 November 2010 at 09:26.
Old 26 May 2010, 14:14   #4
thomas

Quote:
The first question is about AmigaOS 3.9. In my Workbench with 16 colors, the keyboard cursor is pratically invisible. Its color is a bit darker than the background, and I were not able to change it.
My cursor is white, the same color and pen as the bright edges of the windows, the third color in palette prefs.

Quote:
The second question is about AmigaOS 3.1. NewIcons removes the border around the icons, but replaces it with the color of the screen, gray. All icons in my system are drawn with a gray rectangle around them.
Run NewIconsPrefs and tick the "Transparent" check box.
Old 26 May 2010, 23:38   #5
Leandro Jardim

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
My cursor is white, the same color and pen as the bright edges of the windows, the third color in palette prefs.
Ah! I am using VisualPrefs, so it use the same color I use for "bright edges" for the cursor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Run NewIconsPrefs and tick the "Transparent" check box.
I enabled it, but did not work. I guess is a problem with the order of the patches. I will try it...

Thanks Thomas!

Please excuse the way I wrote in English. The problem is that I like to post here so much and I write very fast, and do not pay much attention to it.

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 19 November 2010 at 09:26.