English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 07 December 2014, 02:20   #61
ZEUSDAZ

Hi Amiga fans, I have just uploaded the first complete full amiga longplay of Eliminator, until now all other uploads fail to show the intro and ending screen, well now you guys and gals can see it in it's full UNEMULATED glory here on my channel: [ Show youtube player ]

It was about time this game was shown in full and it was a pleasure to be the one to do it and solve the mystery regarding the ending,...always crashed on all cracked copies before you could see the end screen.

I hope you amiga fans enjoy it

All the best, ZEUS
Old 07 December 2014, 23:30   #62
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
No need to apologize! And yes, it is almost done, however, not fully finished yet hence no release yet. And since Summer is here now my Amiga activities are very limited (not to say non-existent) but that will change when Winter arrives.
Stingray, how is Xenomorph 101% 1 disker coming?

Where was the Eliminator 100% posted?
Old 24 December 2014, 00:34   #63
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

See here
Old 24 December 2014, 02:50   #64
Subzero
Living and Legend

as far as i can remember, its not completely cracked back then, because of the reason the game was done by Linel respectivley some ex-sceners, thats why other crackers havent touched the game as well... as far as i can remember, but i could be wrong, after all the "few" years. all i know, i had the original and all crackers were moaning about and didnt wanted it, "not touching" this, and i couldnt understand that as young supplier haha... must-a-be the pirate in me iam guessing
Old 24 December 2014, 10:34   #65
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Since those sceners who made the game (or the protection rather) were crackers too I doubt this was the reason. I do know though that they had a few tricks up their sleeve concerning the protection, the loader used in the intro sure is interesting and not that easy too understand in a few minutes. Also, I like how the main part is one single file except for one little detail: once you complete stage 14 the game loads the end picture and this is where all the available cracks crash as that wasn't patched.

Anyway, it's all fixed now and there's a proper release now for this quite nice game.
Old 30 August 2016, 23:59   #66
Vollldo

Thanks Zeusdaz for the longplay, this one was awaited since a long time and it perfectly works now.

Any news about a Menace crack ?

Old 05 September 2016, 10:45   #67
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vollldo View Post
Thanks Zeusdaz for the longplay, this one was awaited since a long time and it perfectly works now.

Any news about a Menace crack ?
What's wrong with Menace crack? I played that game to completion several times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
See here
Xenomorph 1 disker?
Old 05 October 2018, 17:28   #68
desiv

Question. I bought a copy of eliminator recently, but my original on the floppy has teh graphics glitch on my A500 (which has a physical drive in it).
I tried the SCX_Eliminator, which works great in PAL, but not NTSC.
(I can verify this in WinUAE.. PAL works fine, NTSC doesn't ever load)

The originaldisk on my A500 does load with NTSC, just has the messed up graphics.

I tried converting my original using my Kryoflux to a CTR and then HFE, but it won't load on the same A500 that it worked (with messed up graphics) before.

Anyone know if there is a working version for NTSC?
I'd like to have this one for my A1000 as i now have the original and it's the same era.
(I don't see any options in the conversion from Kryoflux CT Raw to HFE, so not sure there is anything I can do there to get the HFE to work..)
Not a bigge, but thanx for any info..
Old 20 November 2018, 22:55   #69
punkrulesok

wonder why, considering John coded this on the ST first, was the intro not on that too?
Old 20 November 2018, 23:37   #70
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrulesok View Post
wonder why, considering John coded this on the ST first, was the intro not on that too?
John Michael Phillips only did the ST version, Linel did the Amiga conversion and added the intro.
Old 19 February 2019, 03:24   #71
zodiac

Great thread to read, thanks to Stingray and Galahad for all their hard work for Amiga.

What I really want to know is whether or not fil will show up again in 2024, which isn’t to far off. I anxiously await his return!