English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 01 July 2005, 12:31   #1
amigafreak

SWOS Graphic Change

Hi,

I have a little Prob. I have the UPDATE 04/05 installed 4 AMIGA-VERSION. Can you tell me how can i CHANGE the Adboards and some other Graphics in the Game?!

I don't not know how can i change Graphic on the Amiga Version.

Thanks

greetz from Germany.

MY PC-CDROM Version are changed here 3 Pics:

Old 01 July 2005, 19:24   #2
Eny-
R3tr0 G4m3r

Where can i get the 04-05 update for SWOS?
Old 01 July 2005, 20:56   #3
amigafreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eny-
Where can i get the 04-05 update for SWOS?
http://www.geocities.com/statsfootball/index.htm
Old 01 July 2005, 21:40   #4
Eny-
R3tr0 G4m3r

Thx amigafreak
Old 02 July 2005, 22:57   #5
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigafreak
I have a little Prob. I have the UPDATE 04/05 installed 4 AMIGA-VERSION. Can you tell me how can i CHANGE the Adboards and some other Graphics in the Game?! I don't not know how can i change Graphic on the Amiga Version.
It is not as simple as in PC version. You have to change .raw files which are not normal graphic files. There is needed some knowledge (and I guess software, mostly selfmade) to alter them. On Aminet you can find some archives which include replacements for original advertisment boards. eg. here.
Old 03 July 2005, 20:08   #6
amigafreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman
It is not as simple as in PC version. You have to change .raw files which are not normal graphic files. There is needed some knowledge (and I guess software, mostly selfmade) to alter them. On Aminet you can find some archives which include replacements for original advertisment boards. eg. here.
Thank you I have change some Graphics. But I have a big Problem. Is there any away to export Graphic from a .MAP File? In the SWOS/GRAFS are 6 *.MAP Files: SVCPICH1.MAP - SVCPICH6.MAP... They are some Graphics too in there.(The Full Soccerfield and Pitches.) But i cant change it. PS: Sorry 4 my BAD English...
Old 04 July 2005, 18:12   #7
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigafreak
Thank you I have change some Graphics. But I have a big Problem. Is there any away to export Graphic from a .MAP File? In the SWOS/GRAFS are 6 *.MAP Files: SVCPICH1.MAP - SVCPICH6.MAP... They are some Graphics too in there.(The Full Soccerfield and Pitches.) But i cant change it. PS: Sorry 4 my BAD English...
I am not sure of it (I will check it later) but I think that Sensible Software games keep the design of the levels in .MAP files. That is why they are so small because they use not many graphic banks which are gathered in other files. For example, check Cannon Fodder. You will see there 72 .MAP files and only maybe ten other files which consist graphics. That is why Cannon Fodder level editor could be reality. Getting back to your question, I suppose that in mentioned files there are just designs of different pitch types (snow, mud, summer, rain etc.) Graphic is somewhere else (in .raw files). I will check it later to be 100% sure.
Old 04 July 2005, 20:05   #8
amigafreak

ok,

first i will say thanks for support.
but i will tell you something.
all sprites and grafix are in the *.raw files(thats right) but in the map files are the full soccerfield and the grasstype?

i have change my adboards to 04/05(file: CJCGRAFS.RAW) and menupics...
ok i import the gfx to game and start it. now the adboards change(bound change in 04/05) when the adboard stand,(no bound change) 96/97 always stands on the adboards.

when i copy other swcpich1.map file in the grafs dir(swos 1.1) there is other aboards.
and the unofficial 97/98 update have .map files too and it works. the adboards are 97/98.
i will 04/05 or 05/06 adboards...

i hope you understand me.

here a movie with my problem: http://.de/files/2801140/sensi.rar.html

klick on free to download

greetz

Last edited by amigafreak; 04 July 2005 at 20:32.
Old 26 September 2005, 14:18   #9
Captainthunder!

Hi,

There is some software (SwosED1.8) to change adboards execpt the adboards which are a *.MAP file.
I noticed the same problem with the no bound change 96/97 which comes always in front of the changed boards...
Would you make your change menupics public? I would love to use them!

Maybe we can work together to change the graphics of SWOS.

greetz,
Mattijs Langelaar
The Netherlands

Old 03 December 2019, 15:08   #10
d3cka2d3pwood

Hi,
I know this post is ages old but I'd love to edit the SWOS graphics. I still play it and think it would be ace to change the advertisement boards etc.

I have manged to change loading and background images but I can’t change the colour of the nets or advertisement boards. I have used the same technique but the edit RAW files don’t seem to have made any effect? Is it anything to do with the MAP files?
I have used SWOS Ed 1.85 to edit the RAW images.
Any help would be appreciated.