English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 26 January 2019, 15:10   #221
high-5
Zone Friend

hmm, I maybe I am getting this wrong. For me AGS2 always shows all Games/Demos regardless of what is actually installed. Is it possible to show only the entries that are actually installed?
Old 26 January 2019, 16:09   #222
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by high-5 View Post
hmm, I maybe I am getting this wrong. For me AGS2 always shows all Games/Demos regardless of what is actually installed. Is it possible to show only the entries that are actually installed?
It is if you load up AGS2 go to settings, then Update show installed.

Should solve it for you.
Old 26 January 2019, 17:19   #223
high-5
Zone Friend

makes sense, thx
Old 26 January 2019, 17:32   #224
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
Seems we have a similar goal. and would look at the reply above, seems like I should have left them in LHA archives and let the installer deal with them, instead of using my files extracted on an Amiga.

-Edit-
Didn't want to double post,

This has indeed fixed the problem, but now have another and not sure how to fix it. I can not launch AGS2 from the boot menu as it states its not installed, I can however launch it from workbench which is odd as it claims its not installed. Is there a config I need to change or some other way of fixing it?
That does sound strange. There is a config file at SYS:Prefs/AGS2/AGS2Menus.cfg, which indicates where AGS2 menus are installed. This would be the “AGS2Games=” line.

Its really odd that boot menu doesn’t start AGS2 and it works from Workbench as both use the start script at S:AGS2Menu to start AGS2.

What packages did you install?
Old 26 January 2019, 17:35   #225
cyberhead97

Quote:
It is if you load up AGS2 go to settings, then Update show installed.

Should solve it for you.
Exactly, thanks
Old 26 January 2019, 17:38   #226
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhead97 View Post
That does sound strange. There is a config file at SYS:Prefs/AGS2/AGS2Menus.cfg, which indicates where AGS2 menus are installed. This would be the “AGS2Games=” line.

Its really odd that boot menu doesn’t start AGS2 and it works from Workbench as both use the start script at S:AGS2Menu to start AGS2.

What packages did you install?
Just Classic Workbench ADVSP and the game packs. Took some SS https://imgur.com/a/NKtCFEE

During the install it wanted me to change the path on the assigns, tried with both yes and no to the same result.

Last edited by enigma776; 26 January 2019 at 17:43.
Old 26 January 2019, 17:52   #227
cyberhead97

Quote:
Just Classic Workbench ADVSP and the game packs. Took some SS https://imgur.com/a/NKtCFEE

During the install it wanted me to change the path on the assigns, tried with both yes and no to the same result.
Hmm, ClassicWB doesn’t come with any boot menues if I remember correctly. If it does the eab whdload game packages doesn’t update or use them.

Currently only HstWB or HstWB Mini packages + eab whdload game packages will give you AGS2 start from boot menu and Workbench.
Old 26 January 2019, 17:57   #228
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Hmm, ClassicWB doesn’t come with any boot menues if I remember correctly. If it does the eab whdload game packages doesn’t update or use them.

Currently only HstWB or HstWB Mini packages + eab whdload game packages will give you AGS2 start from boot menu and Workbench.
Then I would assume I installed those as well as I do have the boot menu lol
Old 27 January 2019, 01:21   #229
cyberhead97

That would cause some issues if both HstWB and ClassicWB is installed as they will overwrite each others files, programs, libraries and devices. Only one of these should be installed. Im going to update package installation menu, so it will only allow those packages being installed.
Old 27 January 2019, 02:20   #230
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
That would cause some issues if both HstWB and ClassicWB is installed as they will overwrite each others files, programs, libraries and devices. Only one of these should be installed. Im going to update package installation menu, so it will only allow those packages being installed.
I see, there was no mention anywhere that installing both would cause issues, apart from this one thing that is the only issue that I have encountered.
Old 27 January 2019, 07:16   #231
cyberhead97

Quote:
I see, there was no mention anywhere that installing both would cause issues, apart from this one thing that is the only issue that I have encountered.
You’re right. I haven’t done much to mention this or otherwise prevent multiple Worhbench enhancement from being installed over each other.

My plan is to add help option to package installation with more details about choosing packages to install. Then I will also update the package installation menu so it only allows one Workbench enhancement package to be selected same way as Amiga OS installation menu only allows one Amiga OS to be selected.
Old 30 January 2019, 20:15   #232
high-5
Zone Friend

The 4gb image throws following error (installing 3.1.4 from adf + classic WB Full)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbenannt.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	61831  
Old 31 January 2019, 00:33   #233
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by high-5 View Post
The 4gb image throws following error (installing 3.1.4 from adf + classic WB Full)
I haven’t done anything yet to patch existing ClassicWB packages to support Amiga OS 3.1.4 and therefore I would expect errors to occcur if installing anything else than BestWB together with Amiga OS 3.1.4.

This issues also related to filter/hide packages that doesn’t work Amiga OS installed, eg. when installing Amiga OS 3.1.4 only BestWB package should be shown until other ClassicWB packages have been patched to support Amiga OS 3.1.4.

A user at github has already done some ClassicWB patching for Amiga OS 3.1.4, which I will intergrate into existing packages.
Old 31 January 2019, 00:43   #234
high-5
Zone Friend

thanks for the fast reply, makes sense
your suggested filter option would be great.
Think I'll stick with 3.9 for now as your installer works flawlessly there and also it looks like it will take some time for all the wb enhancements to support 3.1.4

EDIT: just a small remark. When starting up selfinstall image it has Amiga OS 3.9 + Amiga OS 3.1.4 Icon Pack selected for Install. Trying to deselect/skip Icon pack gives error "Select Amiga OS 3.1.4 to install first!". Would be great to be able to deselect it without the check.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	61835   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	61836  

Last edited by high-5; 31 January 2019 at 00:58.
Old 01 February 2019, 00:00   #235
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Right after my previous "mistakes" I have decided to rebuild the image. In the "eab-whdload-games_beta" folder do I put "Commodore Amiga - WHDLoad - Games - Beta & Unreleased" or the HD loaders and/or JST games? If it is just the above beta & unreleased is it possible to add the JST/HD loader games?
Old 03 February 2019, 10:17   #236
RoC

I managed to install HstWB 1.3-beta1 with the 3.1.4 for the A1200 starting from the 16GB image. Tested sucessfully on various miggies and on FPGAs

Hint: Select only BestWB plus the two packages for screenshots, because the HstWB package includes the BetterWB which returns the "unzip error to L:" you can see for ClassicWB as well. Moreover, I created a new AMigaOSDIR on top of the legacy WorkbenchDIR

I appreciated the new options such as UserPackages and Glow icons, altough I prefer the classic look. Moreover, it is nice having whichamiga and to check logs in order to help in understanding which a certain kick or package is not recognized as expected.

Good work
Old 06 February 2019, 05:15   #237
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoC View Post
I managed to install HstWB 1.3-beta1 with the 3.1.4 for the A1200 starting from the 16GB image. Tested sucessfully on various miggies and on FPGAs

Hint: Select only BestWB plus the two packages for screenshots, because the HstWB package includes the BetterWB which returns the "unzip error to L:" you can see for ClassicWB as well. Moreover, I created a new AMigaOSDIR on top of the legacy WorkbenchDIR

I appreciated the new options such as UserPackages and Glow icons, altough I prefer the classic look. Moreover, it is nice having whichamiga and to check logs in order to help in understanding which a certain kick or package is not recognized as expected.

Good work
Thanks for testing. The next beta release will be updated to automatically filter packages, so it only lists the ones that is supported by the installed Amiga OS.

Viewing logs, help and whichamiga has been added to help users understand what happens during the detection of Amiga OS, Kickstart and user packages.

For Amiga OS 3.1.4 im also going to make use of the detect amiga model CLI program on Amiga OS 3.1.4 adfs to pre-select correct Amiga OS 3.1.4 version, if multiple modules adfs are present. Currently it just pre-selects the first one it detects.
Old 17 February 2019, 18:46   #238
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Question how do I install 3.1.4 using this? I tried the beta version as it states its supported but there is no option in the installer maker, am I missing something?
Old 20 February 2019, 19:34   #239
cyberhead97

Quote:
Question how do I install 3.1.4 using this? I tried the beta version as it states its supported but there is no option in the installer maker, am I missing something?
Amiga OS 3.1.4 installation can currently only be done with self install images. You can either download one of the prebuilt 4gb, 8gb or 16gb self install images or build your own self install image.
Old 21 February 2019, 01:34   #240
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Amiga OS 3.1.4 installation can currently only be done with self install images. You can either download one of the prebuilt 4gb, 8gb or 16gb self install images or build your own self install image.
I have hstwb-installer_1.3.0-beta1_portable and trying to make a self install image but I can not see any options for 3.1.4, in the workbench I have a choice of 3.1 (2016) or 3.1 (AF 7) or 3.1 Custom, there is no way to select 3.1.4 What am I missing?