English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 27 August 2020, 00:12   #1
ransom1122

Mysterious Worlds - bad ADF

Hey.

Is there a proper cracked ADF for this game? It seems level 2 is bugged where you cannot kill the dragon at the end?

I've been trying to play this game on a real Amiga and get stuck at the 2nd dragon as the knives aren't strong enough to kill the dragon.

Longplay, Ironclaw uses whdload version which works, but i need an adf for my amiga/gotek.
Old 27 August 2020, 00:25   #2
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
Hey.

Is there a proper cracked ADF for this game? It seems level 2 is bugged where you cannot kill the dragon at the end?

I've been trying to play this game on a real Amiga and get stuck at the 2nd dragon as the knives aren't strong enough to kill the dragon.

Longplay, Ironclaw uses whdload version which works, but i need an adf for my amiga/gotek.
WHDLoad readme for the game specifically mentions that Harry increased the range of the weapons for that exact level boss as presumably if you were too far, you just can't kill it.

Maybe get quite a bit closer?
Old 27 August 2020, 00:29   #3
ransom1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
WHDLoad readme for the game specifically mentions that Harry increased the range of the weapons for that exact level boss as presumably if you were too far, you just can't kill it.

Maybe get quite a bit closer?
Kind of tried, and nothing happened. Its like the weapon has no effect on the dragon?
Old 27 August 2020, 00:36   #4
DamienD
Banned

Well, as you know I've tested all .ADFs and even the original .IPF version after your PM ransom1122.

I also tried the WHDLoad version and it's fine; I also read what Galahad mentioned from the Readme (read the 2nd line of Fixed):

It may be possible to kill him using the disk versions but it's damn near impossible, and I haven't managed it from at least 20 tries; reloading SaveStates
Old 27 August 2020, 01:36   #5
ransom1122

With a trainer activated, you cant walk any closer and the little knife you have does not kill the dragon?

Old 27 August 2020, 01:59   #6
ransom1122

it seems as though when your weapon\knife is powered up, you can reach and kill the dragon standing at the extreme right most part of the screen.

If you have the lowest weapon/knife, you cannot kill the dragon so you're forced to die and start the "game" again, as restarting the level after dying does not regenerate weapon powerups.
Old 27 August 2020, 09:53   #7
capehorn

As far as I am aware, all versions of this game can be completed, it just suffers from poor coding and game logic.

Once you have collected the final item to upgrade your weapon, you have one chance to beat the boss of each level. If you run out of bullets or die, you are stuck on that level, no matter how many lives you have left because you no longer have the required weapon.

On the level two boss, you can hit it by walking close to it and firing. If you are standing close enough for this, then the boss can also hit you with it's fire, so you need to rapidly walk towards it, fire and then run back before it fires at you.

On the level three boss, it can sometimes seem like you can't get close enough to the boss to hit it, but it is possible if when approaching it you jump towards it, as this makes the screen scroll a bit further.
Old 27 August 2020, 10:30   #8
ransom1122

I think your correct, Game is as it is.. Poor coding..

Kinda have to finish this game with one life and hope you have an upgraded weapon at all times.