English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 12 December 2010, 20:29   #1
AmigaDave

Amiga Programmer Support Group

Hello all Amiga programmers and "wanna-be" Amiga programmers.

I don't post here often, as I have been active on other sites and didn't want to duplicate my posts all over on all of the Amiga related websites. I have however become less than satisfied with some of the other sites and thought I would start spending more time here, to see if I like it better than my usual forum sites. (from what I have seen lately, this may be a better fit for my personality, but we shall see)

I am in the process of gathering contact information from Amiga programmers and people that wish to become Amiga programmers and placing it into a spreadsheet document, which will be shared between all who participate. The purpose of this spreadsheet is to assist programmers in sharing information, or asking for help with questions they may have. In other words, to bring Amiga programmers closer together, so they can collaborate and socialize with each other occasionally. The response to this information request has been very positive and we are planning a first IRC meeting in the near future, with the possibility of meeting on IRC at regular intervals to discuss programming topics.

Many very experienced programmers have already provided their contact information, as well as several beginning programmers (like myself), who wish to learn to program, or improve their existing meager programming skills. Experienced programmers also benefit from this exchange of information, as it connects them with other experienced programmers which they can discuss techniques and programming resources.

The following information is being requested:

Name
Nickname
Location (where you live, city & country)
email address (one that you don't mind the other group members contacting you with)
programming skill level
preferred programming language(s)
current programming project(s) that you are working on

I hope that many of the members of EAB that have not already seen this request on other forum sites and already joined this group effort, will see it now and decide to participate by sending me the above information. Send the info to my email, amigadave@earthlink.net

Thanks,
David
Old 13 December 2010, 00:21   #2
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

I think this is a great idea and have already sent you my details

Regards,
Lonewolf10
Old 13 December 2010, 02:46   #3
Vairn
The Grim-Button

I agree, great idea. Sent across my details.
Old 13 December 2010, 04:53   #4
Cammy

I'm in too! AmigaE forever!
Old 13 December 2010, 07:47   #5
Vairn
The Grim-Button

Have you thought of making an mailing list as well, as the spreadsheet?
Old 19 December 2010, 04:00   #6
AmigaDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vairn View Post
Have you thought of making an mailing list as well, as the spreadsheet?
No I haven't, but it sounds like a good idea to me. I have never been involved in setting one up, does anyone want to volunteer? We should get a response from the rest of the members to see if they want a mailing list.
Old 21 December 2010, 20:57   #7
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

@AmigaDave

Setting up a free mailing list may be as simple as visiting Yahoo! Groups or Google Groups and setting one up. Since they both have web-based interfaces, they can be useful to non-members of the group as well. Personally, I recommend Yahoo! Groups over Google groups since Google's code hosting capabilities are limited to open-source codes while Yahoo's groups allow 100 MB of file storage. (May not be a big deal but there's not much resistance to point of entry.)
Old 11 January 2011, 00:02   #8
jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaDave View Post
...and "wanna-be" Amiga programmers.
Who's calling me? :-)

My contribution would be quite scarce, I'm just fiddling with some assembly for hobby but I will be a very interested lurker ;-)

I'm sending my details, you'll decide about my request.