English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 16 January 2007, 08:38   #21
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

how f*cking sad is it when natalie imbruglia (form a soap opera) puts out a debut single... "Torn"

over here in england its a bit of a hit... she is interviewed and claims its all her own work from a personal back ground.... people empathise, and perhaps even connect... the way it should be.....

two months later after some people have done thier research the track "Torn" had been previously a number one hit in sweeden and did quite well over in europe, all this from an obscure group that had (as far as england new) never been heard of...

so this music company leases the rights (from another music company) to have this (supossedly attractive) soap star actress (whom isn`t that good) sing away and to pretend (lie / act) to the public thats its her own work....

I doubt if even the original artists were even told about it...

needless to say her music career in the uk pretty much ended there....

music companies like empires need to topple.... the way music is owned and released in this word need to change...

my hope is that MP3's will force the change...

Last edited by Zetr0; 16 January 2007 at 08:44.
Old 16 January 2007, 10:16   #22
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0
how f*cking sad is it when natalie imbruglia (form a soap opera) puts out a debut single... "Torn"

over here in england its a bit of a hit... she is interviewed and claims its all her own work from a personal back ground.... people empathise, and perhaps even connect... the way it should be.....

two months later after some people have done thier research the track "Torn" had been previously a number one hit in sweeden and did quite well over in europe, all this from an obscure group that had (as far as england new) never been heard of...

so this music company leases the rights (from another music company) to have this (supossedly attractive) soap star actress (whom isn`t that good) sing away and to pretend (lie / act) to the public thats its her own work....

I doubt if even the original artists were even told about it...

needless to say her music career in the uk pretty much ended there....

music companies like empires need to topple.... the way music is owned and released in this word need to change...

my hope is that MP3's will force the change...
couldn't disagree more, just because she was a soap star has no bearing on whether or not she is any good as a singer. I've seen her live in concert and she was pretty fucking good.

My two cents worth.
Old 16 January 2007, 10:20   #23
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
what a bastard !!!! arfff, hip hop means very often rip-off...nuff said !
Old 16 January 2007, 12:39   #24
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@Gallahad

I wasn`t singling her out because she was a pop star, or the fact she is bad / good whatever... infact I liked her debut album. I though it well produced and provided a good overall reange of her talent.

All i wanted to state was that simply the music industry is based on lies and theft, all to produce ... for the consumer to not only buy but also buy into a false persona....

had she of been honest about her music career (wich i am sure her producers would shit a brick over) it would be some what more in the lime light thanit is now...

but pay no mind to me.... musically speaking i live under a rock...
Old 16 January 2007, 13:39   #25
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultron
I wish i could colour me surprised. Not really. All these hip hop raptard fuckers are all a bunch of thieves and losers who couldn't make a 3 choord progression with melody if they were given the first two for free.

That these musical mongos make millions while real musicians rot is borderline criminal. But hey, the beauties of the amazing US world of entertainment. Trash food, trash music, trash morals. Freedom with fries on the side.
You can thank America, poisoner of the world, and the UK is right behind.
Blair up Bush's behind

Honestly the US and UK are the 2 most worthless and dangerous societies out there.
Old 16 January 2007, 14:00   #26
P-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred the Duck
You can thank America, poisoner of the world, and the UK is right behind.
Blair up Bush's behind

Honestly the US and UK are the 2 most worthless and dangerous societies out there.
I'd agree, but I don't think we're that much of an influence as far as rap 'music' goes. The only stuff I tend to get 'force-fed' on TV is American.

The US charts on the other hand are like the 'whos who?' of mindless hacks.
Old 16 January 2007, 14:19   #27
kriz

Viddi; Aggro Berlin is cool http://aggro.tv

But lame by Timberland..

Sadly for you haters, hiphop is not going away
Old 16 January 2007, 15:57   #28
P-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriz
Not a problem. Thankfully the internet allows me to watch music videos and live perfomances of actually talented artists, so I don't have to listen to that shit for a fill of music anymore.
Old 16 January 2007, 16:35   #29
viddi

@ kriz:

Well, if you like the sound...okay!

But the texts are full of fascism (often hidden) and all types of discrimination.
I´m sure that´s not what YOU like at all.

Edit: I have to say that I have a very puritanic view when it comes to fascism.

Last edited by viddi; 16 January 2007 at 16:57.
Old 16 January 2007, 22:15   #30
dambuster
Zone Friend

Fortunately the net allows us to be as fanatical, puritanical, or tolerant as we feel. In our own castle - afterall an englishmans home or domain is his castle - we are king or queen the boss may be watching. Its only when try to convince others of our right way that it becomes obscene.
Anyway Pidgeons was a far better track than torn.
Old 17 January 2007, 01:54   #31
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
i have mailed personaly the french animator CAUET from FUN RADIO music station about this fact. Let's see what he will do about this considering Nelly Furtado is a "regged" Fun Radio singer.

Huge shame, Janne must get money, it's a pure blatant ripp-off !

It would be my work, i would sue TIMBALAND 's ass right down his balls to get my money back ! it cannot even being compared to music illegaly picked up by people, it's industrial stealing !! In million dollars bags !
Old 17 January 2007, 05:54   #32
Ultron
Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriz
Viddi; Aggro Berlin is cool http://aggro.tv

But lame by Timberland..

I heard the same thing about Disco in the 70's, Hair metal in the 80's, Grunge in the 90's...
Old 19 January 2007, 03:26   #33
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
http://www.side-line.com/side-line_blog.php
(with exact comparison by waveforms!)

@Zetro: About the Natalie Imbruglia song "Torn":
the original is Danish!!
Funnily enough, it was me who did a lot of research on this one ...
The song is originally called "Brændt" and was published in 1993 on an album of the Danish singer Lis Sørensen (in Denmark also known from Danser med Drenge, a followup band of the 1980s' Tøsedrengene).

=>> http://lissorensen.dk/forside/tekste...rneetsted1993/

That was a bit before Ednaswap's version...

Other stealers were Zombie Nation with his "Kernkraft 400", which was nothing but a ripped-off track from C64 game "Lazy Jones" by David Whittaker. He later arranged with DW on royalties

Last edited by andreas; 19 January 2007 at 03:31.
Old 19 January 2007, 19:11   #34
Mick_AKA
crusader of light

[ Show youtube player ]

nuff said.
Old 19 January 2007, 21:26   #35
Big-Byte
Long time member

Yo Im now into all that Gansta shit yo!

[ Show youtube player ]

Old 20 January 2007, 02:31   #36
dilinger
Zone Friend

I always find it funny whenever the issue of cRap music is raised and you get the usual baboon-headed fascists like Ultron pissing their pants to respond with their over-zealous condemnation. They usually have no clue what Rap’s about and really couldn’t care less either. All they know is that it’s the most popular form of music in the world right now and it’s made by Blacks – and THAT’s what really pisses them off! As Viddi pointed out, their true agenda is a combination of both good old fascism & blind racism. Not once did Ultron mention the most important issue here which is the idea of copyright infringement because his only target was Black Rap music and how “untalented these Black people are”.

The fact is that cRap music is a purely commercial venture and if you’re listening to MTV-Rappers like 50cent and Snoopdog expecting to be blown away by their profound artistic merit then you need your fucking head examined Ultron! Rap and the Rap-image is a product engineered by very clever capitalists to generate the largest revenue. That’s all – it’s about money and is pretty meaningless. These days their target audience is mainly middle-class teenage white kids who find the images of violence, misogyny, guns, bling and all that bullshit “cool”. Also, to call Timbaland “talentless” is a complete misnomer. He is actually very talented - in fact he’s the most talented person at producing the shit he produces and, make no mistake, he knows exactly what he’s producing and what to produce to make the most $$$. If you want to learn more you should watch this short movie on the subject: [ Show youtube player ] . Hopefully you can understand what’s being said. (although I have my doubts)

This Ultron-tard also needs to learn to distinguish between Rap and Hip-Hop. They are two totally different genres. Even though rappers like 50cent pretend to be making Hip-Hop, they are not! What they make is 100% mainstream Rap. Real Hip-Hop bares very little resemblance to the shitty MTV-Rap you listen to, Ultron. Hip-Hop is and always has been about rebellious messages, particularly towards our corrupt governments. It's more political and substantial than MTV-Rap. Real Hip-Hop is produced by MCs like Paris and Immortal Technique and is not aired on large corporate networks – for what should be obvious reason of conflicting interests.

The fact that Timbaland has _obviously_ ripped-off Tempest’s original c64 .sid file is not really shocking to me, because his work is not really about creativity. What he’s done is disgusting and if America’s Judicial system wasn’t so disgracefully biased towards the rich, maybe Tempest could afford to get his rightful day in court. Sadly I don’t think he ever will, so Timbaland - like Elvis before him (who ripped-off countless songs by Afro-American artists without credit/payment) - will escape scott-free! Instead of making dumb comments full of hidden agendas, Ultron, do something constructive and write a letter to the American Congress so that the Judicial system can be changed and people are forced to think twice before they rip people's work again.

Last edited by dilinger; 20 January 2007 at 02:37.
Old 20 January 2007, 04:33   #37
Ultron
Something

You're clearly a highly inteligent being

Since i've never spent my youth days learning all about the intricacy of "pure" rap \ hip-hop, of all places, in the streets of Denmark and instead wasted my years at a Musical Conservatory studying musical theory, there can pretty clearly be no chance that i am going to defeat you at a discussion of the theme with your musical highness!

Heck, i don't even know what a circle of fifths or a dimished scale is! Constructed intervallically? What the hell do i know what that is! Octatonic scale... Oy!

For an apparent self appointed diety of your own personal brand of tolerance, you got a pretty bad streak of rabid intolerance unto other's opinions there, chap.

Not to mention an unrelenting impotence to grasp humour.
Old 20 January 2007, 10:31   #38
andreas
Zone Friend

Conservatory? I'm impressed (without any ironic undertone tho!).
I never wanted this because I can't seem to learn everything about (in)famous German-speaking composers like Mozart. For me Mozart is what Max Martin (Sweden; Backstreet Boys etc.) is for the pop world - absolutely run-of-the-mill stuff, and nothing to write home about.

Yet...I'm a bit baffled you were at a conservatory and haven't heard anything of the circle of fifths. Or did you forget it? Well that'd be something else.
But AFAIK these basics are commonly taught there.

(Sorry, that was to be sent via PM - but Ultron does not allow PMs, so ...)
Old 20 January 2007, 17:35   #39
Ultron
Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas
Yet...I'm a bit baffled you were at a conservatory and haven't heard anything of the circle of fifths. Or did you forget it? Well that'd be something else.
But AFAIK these basics are commonly taught there.
I was being purposedly facetious!
Old 20 January 2007, 17:45   #40
andreas
Zone Friend

OK, but the bit with the conservatory was no joke, was it?