English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 21 March 2015, 09:09   #21
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

The stretch goal of the first project is now included in the main project (orchestral remake of Elite music). They felt right or wrong that too many potential backers were waiting for the stretch goal to be reached before backing.

This project is not about money. I bet if you take Holly & David's hours by the end and divide any profit it end up below minimum wage. they are doing this because they want to.
Old 23 March 2015, 05:37   #22
Starglider 2

Backed!
Old 23 March 2015, 11:14   #23
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

I'll be very surprised if this one meets its £33k target. I thought £20k was a bit ambitious but now they've added another £13k onto that. It seems to have stalled at around the £6k to £7k mark for a few days now.
Old 23 March 2015, 12:51   #24
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Matt Gray - Reformation made £75,000 and I would argue that Elite, Carrier Command and StarGlider have at least as big a following as Last Ninja?

If Dave can pump out a few more previews and have the community salivating I say he could make it.

But you are right it will be hard.
Old 23 March 2015, 14:30   #25
pandy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
But you are right it will be hard.
With freshness of this: [ Show youtube player ] perhaps possible...
Old 23 March 2015, 15:07   #26
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Nice.

Have you noticed how [ Show youtube player ] intro sounds remarkably like Rob Hubbard's Lightforce?
Old 23 March 2015, 15:51   #27
pandy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Nice.

Have you noticed how [ Show youtube player ] intro sounds remarkably like Rob Hubbard's Lightforce?
Didn't know this game before THX! - music - i would say: definitely "inspired" - but i must say also: itself game is amazingly good looking - first impression: this is Amiga...
Old 23 March 2015, 16:28   #28
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Hi guys, I noticed this thread still had the old info in the OP, so it is now all updated with all the latest Kickstarter info, PLUS the links.

Thanks everyone for keeping this thread alive.

They are already leaping ahead this time in the campaign, and they have made over 7K already, with well over a month still to go.

The idea of this reboot kickstarter campaign is to have Frontier included, rather than just a stretch goal. Initially their idea was to set the Kickstarter total to 40k. But then they realised that if the project fell short they wouldnt get a penny. So they have 'reduced' their goal back to 33k so that the project will be funded if it falls short of the money they need to hit the big time.

But its all up to us to spread the word, or this will remain a dream.

I'll continue to bump this thread and if I get any more news I'll pass it on.
Old 23 March 2015, 17:51   #29
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

FYI : You need to drop the s on the link shortening site you used. (https://ow.ly should be from http://ow.ly)

It was almost 9k before they pulled the plug on the first attempt. Looks like some people have either changed their backing pledges, changed their minds or not gotton around to it yet
Old 23 March 2015, 19:13   #30
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Thanks for the heads up alexh, links now fixed.

Yes, at the start of a relaunch I imagine there will be many who pledged originally and pledge again. But as you say, they are almost up to the point they pulled it last time already, and so I hope this time it means things are headed in a great direction.

Fingers crossed.
Old 17 April 2015, 14:47   #31
lifeschool
Local Moderator

There is just about 2 weeks remaining on this kickstarter, and they are just about to hit the 50% mark.

I know its still possible to make a difference.
Old 17 April 2015, 15:16   #32
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

You will now get the real orchestral recording of Elite 2 - Frontier + a DVD of the making of documentary + CD of all his music recorded from real Amiga/ST/Spectrum etc.

Well worth a backing. Plus if you go for the higher backing level you get to meet David and Holly. Well worth it

David Braben donated I think £2000 to the project and is a backer. Go on. Have a go!
Old 17 April 2015, 15:18   #33
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Threads merged.
Old 17 April 2015, 15:36   #34
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Don't leave it too late if you're interested. The current statistics say it could be tight to get fully funded.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/278...exp-projection

Get in and back, even if it is only the lowest backing.
Old 17 April 2015, 17:25   #35
hiho

At one time, there was an easy way to see 'ending soon' projects on Kickstarter. The site was redesigned and I've never found that option again.

I have to say that I found, and backed, more projects trolling through that 'ending soon' list.

Does anyone know of an easy way to do that now?
Old 24 April 2015, 19:42   #36
lifeschool
Local Moderator

I want to bump this with more great news from the backers newsletter.

Holly Wrote:

Jez San Comes Aboard!

Big news for Starglider, Amiga, Atari and all-things-progressive backers! Jez San has come onboard with this project now! He’s going to come down to the Abbey Road sessions with us and sign a whole bunch of the original gaming music CDs too! Check the Kickstarter page NOW as these rewards are limited quantity - see COLLECTOR levels just added now!

I’m sure you all know who Jez is, but if you don’t then seriously do some reading up about him. This is the man responsible for Starglider 1 & 2 – the first 3D style graphics in a game ever! The first person to create a game developing company! The first person to develop the 3D chip for Nintendo (the story of how he did this is incredible!) and now he owns PKR one of the biggest and 3D online poker sites!

It was Jez who my dad worked closely with to get the sampled studio music with real vocals and synths playing out of the Atari ST in 1986 long before tracker music. Another first!

As Jez will be down at Abbey Road with us – we can interview both him and Dave about these Starglider days in the documentary that Lucy Lowe will be filming. It’s really exciting!

Also worth bearing in mind how cool this Abbey Road session is going to be. I'm going to do another blog / update about all the musicians and people that are coming along to this session as we'll have the studio for the full day. So if you know you've got a bit of cash in your account on May 4th, pledge for the Abbey Road studio session reward! Just hearing the orchestra live in the room with you will be incredible enough! Plus hanging around with us and Jez and all the musicians that are coming down and doing photographs on the Zebra crossing and being part of the documentary! It's one of those once-in-a-lifetime experiences really!

TWEETS

Also please follow my Uncle Art Twitter handle @UncleArt_KS and retweet about Jez San.

What a world we live in!!

Now everybody sing STAAAAAAAARGLIDER.... on Rainbird!!!!
Old 25 April 2015, 17:50   #37
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Event Next Weekend!!

Lucy Lowe Attending!

As confirmed on their Uncle ART kickstarter page, Lucy Lowe will be attending the Play Blackpool event.

If you see her, please do say Hi.

Holly Wrote:

"We have Lucy going to the Replay retrogaming event Play Blackpool next weekend; where 6000 retrogamer enthusiasts will be all in one place for a whole weekend! She's going to be interviewed on the mainstage about it and they're going to play the music through the PA too! It's very brave of her to do this but she'll do a fantastic job I know! You can tweet Lucy to show her some support and encouragement at @LucyLizLowe on Twitter! GO, LUCY GO!!"

http://www.playblackpool.com/
https://twitter.com/ReplayEvents/
https://www.facebook.com/ReplayEvents/
Old 04 May 2015, 09:21   #38
jimbob

Uncle Art needs a good shove over the line. The pledges are ramping up but maybe not fast enough -

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/278...exp-projection

Latest nuggets -

Interview with Dave Lowe containing some more technical stuff about his techniques -

[ Show youtube player ]

Feelers are out to get the orchestral version of Frontier themes featured somewhere in Elite: Dangerous.

Frontier theme will be released as a classical single with airplay on classic FM.

Lighten your wallet here -

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...si/description
Old 04 May 2015, 09:21   #39
ma693541
Computer Wizard

Only 11 hours left and they still need almost £10K.
Old 04 May 2015, 14:01   #40
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Hey YOU guys!

This project ends today. They made it to almost 500 backers, and only 8k left to find.

A message from Dave Lowe

Quote:
Let’s all give it a final push and share in its last hours to pull in those extra pledges to get that Orchestra in Abbey Road. We are now looking at putting the remade Elite II Orchestral theme out as a single for the classical charts as there has been positive talk about plays from Classical FM. Now how cool would that be. We would all be responsible for a no. 1 Chart record, what more incentive could there be. Tweet them on the beaches, Tweet them in the fields, Tweet them in the streets, we will never give in…………… "

Dave