English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL contributions

Old 04 January 2003, 01:37   #21
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

i'm just wondering, if you really do have ultima 1 and 2 for the amiga, do you have any other games generally thought not to exist on the amiga, perhaps enduro racer or gauntlet 1?
Old 04 January 2003, 01:47   #22
Toaks

Codyjarret:

Screenshots: no, sorry that i cant provide as i aint a PC head, i use amiga....unless u have a solution for that ON amiga ....
Why not get a crack of it and make screenshots? , or wait for the whdload version
anyway as i said earlier my scans aint finnished and i wasnt sure if i had scanned em even.

Belgrath:
enduro racer never came to the amiga iirc , quite sad really as that game was ROCKINGLY GOOD (c64)
and yes gauntlet 1 was released , i have a box of it but no disks in it, hopefully it aint the ATARI version (tou box doesnt say if its AMIGA/C64 or ATARI)

Please find out if "TARGET RENEGADE" was ever released on amiga, there is trainers on the web, reviews and cheats.....TOTALLY UNKNOWN TO ME!!! (that it came to the amiga)
Old 04 January 2003, 01:49   #23
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Tony: you could make ADFs or DMSs of the disks using Codetapper's DiskWiz...

BTW: Welcome to the EAB!
Old 04 January 2003, 02:29   #24
RCK
Administrator

BTW: read your Privates Messages & EAB's rules
Old 04 January 2003, 06:46   #25
fiath

You can preserve them *now* using CAPS dumping tools...
Old 04 January 2003, 11:22   #26
Toaks

adf and dms yeah , lol but this is not the way i want it , for me its nly ok when its on the hdd as in playable ...so whd.

for CAPS , well i checked it out a long time ago, people in there never replyed the emails.
and i have noticed that tosec and C.A.P.S work together sort of, and Tosec = PIRATES,yes its sad that tosec gets this on their neck but its true (check any board or ircchannel)

preservation for me is , I still can play it from my main machine and i can put my orginals away and i havent exactly used a small amount of money on amiga games so , why waste it?.
Old 04 January 2003, 11:32   #27
Toaks

I just talked to someone who knows alot of Ultima and he stated the same as me, all ultima 1,2,3,4,5,6 was released on amiga, BUT!
1 and 2 came later (after the 3rd one) and was released in the same way "MYST" was (magnetic scrolls).
maybe u all know abit more then

oh btw i found a DMS of it (well this man gave it to me), so if anyone here must have it, then email me (any outside of the MOD ring wont get it)

thanx for noticing that im new here :P, yeah well i was interested in HOL (as codetapper showed this to me) but thats a long time ago,
so when i finally just typed the dns/host....lolthen it worked... ANNOUNCE that its open on major amiga sites!!
Old 04 January 2003, 13:57   #28
fiath

Quote:
Originally posted by tonya

for CAPS , well i checked it out a long time ago, people in there never replyed the emails.
This was probably near the start of the project. We had a big problem with emails over a few months. For this I apologise! I thought all had got back to us, but it appears not.

However, this no longer happens (it was only a 2-3 months about 1 1/2 years ago that this happened). Every single email is answered. The last couple of weeks have been difficult because of releases and we do have a small backlog.

Quote:

and i have noticed that tosec and C.A.P.S work together sort of, and Tosec = PIRATES,yes its sad that tosec gets this on their neck but its true (check any board or ircchannel)
I really do not like what you are implying.

Please, is you have a problem with us, go to the source. Posting silly messages on message boards not is the right way.

I also do not know (or really care) what TOSEC does behind the scenes, that is their business. As far as "tosec and C.A.P.S work together sort of" - do you know what extent this goes? (so far) - Basically, I have had a little chat with them on IRC, and they send me the naming spec. So plainly I guess you have not noticed much.

We do not even use TOSEC naming atm.

Quote:

preservation for me is , I still can play it from my main machine and i can put my orginals away and i havent exactly used a small amount of money on amiga games so , why waste it?.
What you do if your business. We do what we do because we want what we bought in the shops, not what a version that "might" be working.
Old 04 January 2003, 14:21   #29
Toaks

Sorry for that , it wasnt meant as an attack on C.A.P.S,
and if you say caps aint in on the tosec Scandal (yes scandal) then i take your word for it!.

anyway if you do preservations like this, how do you expect that other than IN the team will benefit from it? , i mean
i might have broken disks etc, how do i prove it for you? (as after all i can just "SAY" i have it and then all of a sudden i have orginals that i can use with WHDLOAD installers)

get my point? , sorry i havent been on the caps site for a long time and its beyond me how this really could do any good except for the LEGAL games releases + the team who do the preservation (no harm intentioned)

please explain further in a NORMAL mail if u like, as i am just curious and its really annoying to see MY games (yes i am a developer) on the TOSEC lists, and btw the games aint OLD and they AINT free.
Old 05 January 2003, 07:36   #30
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
please explain further in a NORMAL mail if u like, as i am just curious and its really annoying to see MY games (yes i am a developer) on the TOSEC lists, and btw the games aint OLD and they AINT free.
1) TOSEC are nothing more than a team of people who rename already existing disk or rom images from various platforms. They don't spread games or host them or anything like that (although I'm sure their renamers must collect them, as most of us do). They have flags that indicate cracks, but that's just to identify the contents of a given disk image. It doesn't condone piracy, it merely identifies disks/roms which may or may not be cracked. For that matter, they also include save disks, public domain disks, etc. - basically what is being spread anyway, with or without their presence.

2) Which developer are you? Inquiring minds want to know. I have seen some newer games appear on TOSEC lists and was rather shocked when I saw them, as I was under the impression that they were only detailing oldschool games that are (mostly) abandoned in favour of modern shiteware. If one of these games is what you are talking about, then I can understand the issues you have with TOSEC.
Old 05 January 2003, 13:46   #31
Toaks

yeah yeah i know all this , but somewhere out there i gt the official pass and leeched my own games just to be 100% , apc/tcp and epic have allready started a battleagainst tosec for this , anyway enough of that.

i have worked on quite a fewgames since 1994, mostly as freelancing, anyway since 1999 we started our own firm and eventually we will release 2-3 games for the Amiga Classic/A1 and Gba and most likely the ps2.

our main pri. is still amiga and since crackers and pirates now more or less has rested their case (since may 2002) gave us and alot more of developers on amiga inspiration to pick up development again.

anyway the team i am in now is "push entertainment" , and we are 7 talented people (atleast if you consider us as garage developers) and 4 of us has worked in major firms in the past.
Old 06 January 2003, 02:06   #32
fiath

Quote:
Sorry for that , it wasnt meant as an attack on C.A.P.S,
and if you say caps aint in on the tosec Scandal (yes scandal) then i take your word for it!.
Okay.

Quote:
anyway if you do preservations like this, how do you expect that other than IN the team will benefit from it? , i mean
We don't really benefit - we own pretty much all of the over 2000 games dumped so far. However, some of ours are broken etc. but good ones / different version have been dumped by other people.

Quote:
i might have broken disks etc, how do i prove it for you? (as after all i can just "SAY" i have it and then all of a sudden i have orginals that i can use with WHDLOAD installers)
Well, we can tell if you dump them - but if they are really broken, then there is not much point. Basically: You can't prove it to us. If you are legally entited to the game(s), then hopefully you can find them somewhere to download. Many places seem to be carrying CAPS releases. Which is good because as the releases are meant for people like YOU with the originals, then you should be able to get hold of them!

Quote:
get my point? , sorry i havent been on the caps site for a long time and its beyond me how this really could do any good except for the LEGAL games releases + the team who do the preservation (no harm intentioned)
As I said, apart from getting good dumps from other people to eventually fix our bad disks - we don't really benifit. I personally own over 1000 amiga games, another member is on a single handed mission to buy every Amiga game ever released - and is actually getting there rather quickly! (though last I heard he is now "bankrupt")

Do you have any ideas on how we could do it better? As far as I can see - there is no better way. But your input is very much appriciated if you have any better ideas!?

One thing is for sure - we are not prepared to break the law for other peoples benefit!

Quote:
10-15 year old computer games are not old? I would call them old - ESPECIALLY as the media carrying them is starting to screw up. If the games were not old, you would take them back for a refund. As it is, most have exceeded TDK's recommeded floppy life-span use.

I agree that they are not free though. Getting games for free is not what CAPS is about, but it does have that side effect for many people.

So, just out of interest, what games have you done?