English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 13 March 2013, 09:12   #1
mamemeister

Screen resolution in Win UAE Woes.

Firstly, hello from a newcomer, I'm an old bloke who has been into computers for far to long (1983) and never grown out of them. Sadly my knowledge of them still seems to lack at the best of times hence this plea for help.

I've just picked up a Acer Revo mini PC thing which was brought purely as a gaming station. I've got tons of original hardware but reckon this would be handy to have if and when the old hardware gives up the ghost.

It's running Maximus Arcade frontend and runs Win UAE using WinUAE Loader to run all of the harddrive files. About 70% of the games load perfectly but a load of them boot to a black screen even though they work fine running in a window. I've tried changing the resolution in WinUAE and in WInUAE Loader with no success. One of the culprits is Commando by Elite Software. It's plugged into a Daewoo TV but the same issue happens on the other 2 LCD tvs in the house.

I'm pulling my hair out trying to get these games working with no luck and it would be bloody wicked if anyone could point me in the right direction of a solution or offer any help please.

Cheers in advance chaps!!

Alan (Mamemeister)

Old 13 March 2013, 11:03   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

WinUAE version? (Pre 2.4 had random blank screen issues in D3D for example, update if you have old version)

Enable logging in misc panel (or Paths panel), run normally (in fullscreen mode) when blank screen appears, quit it with ALT+F4, attach winuaelog.txt and winuaebootlog.txt.
Old 13 March 2013, 11:10   #3
mamemeister

Thanks Toni, I'll give this a try and let you know,

cheers

Alan

Old 13 March 2013, 12:31   #4
mamemeister

Hi Toni

I'm running the latest version 2.5.1

Here's the 2 logfiles.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5987521/logfiles.zip

These are actually from my desktop pc which has the same problem. I've noticed my Revo pc will run the floppy version of Commando file but goes to a black screen when I try and load the hardrive file of it.

Alan

Last edited by mamemeister; 13 March 2013 at 13:23.

Old 13 March 2013, 13:48   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Logs are from 1.4.2.
Old 13 March 2013, 14:07   #6
mamemeister

Sorry I'm a bit of an idiot.

The logfiles I posted were from the version I have on my desktop pc which was indeed 1.4.2. I've just installed 2.5.1 on this and it now plays Commando full screen without any issues.

On my Acer Revo I'm using WinUAE Loader and when I load the Commando (and others) hardisk image it comes up with the black screen. If I load the Commando adf version in WinUAE it's fine. The problem seems to lie with the fact that these are harddrive files.