English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 21 July 2014, 11:58   #541
Megamix

Don't if this has already been put on here, but I would love to see the settlers 2 converted to the Amiga loved this game..
Old 05 March 2015, 12:48   #542
Twiggy
\m/

C-Dogs or Jill of the Jungle. They'd be fantastic on the Amiga. I guess Extreme Violence is close enough for multiplayer C-Dogs dogfight.
Old 05 March 2015, 14:31   #543
Gzegzolka

I'm sure I write about Prehistoric2 and Raptor, I also think it would be cool to have more pinball games eventualy Commander Keen, Hallowen Harry, Hocus Pocus, Gex (first one), Lomax (could be very tricky since it's also PSX game), World Rally Fever (manga style racer), the lion king (pc version got more levels)... also there is lot of cool 2d indie games, some will need to be scaled down, but still it could be cool if they have amiga version - broforce, spelunky (orginal one, not HD edition), Cave Story, ... Inferno (aka Epic 2, there is not much info about this one in net), biomenace, that's all for now
Old 05 March 2015, 15:19   #544
Firthy2002
2nd era...

Send a message via ICQ to Firthy2002 Send a message via AIM to Firthy2002 Send a message via MSN to Firthy2002 Send a message via Yahoo to Firthy2002
Syndicate Wars could have been doable on the Amiga.
Would not have played so well on stock A1200/CD32 but 030+ could have handled it I think.
Old 06 March 2015, 10:26   #545
Twiggy
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzegzolka View Post
I'm sure I write about Prehistoric2 and Raptor, I also think it would be cool to have more pinball games eventualy Commander Keen, Hallowen Harry, Hocus Pocus, Gex (first one), Lomax (could be very tricky since it's also PSX game), World Rally Fever (manga style racer), the lion king (pc version got more levels)... also there is lot of cool 2d indie games, some will need to be scaled down, but still it could be cool if they have amiga version - broforce, spelunky (orginal one, not HD edition), Cave Story, ... Inferno (aka Epic 2, there is not much info about this one in net), biomenace, that's all for now
A lot of Apogee games would have been great on the Amiga; Keen, Duke, Dave, Hocus Pocus, Cosmo, Crystal Caves, Secret Agent etc.
Old 06 March 2015, 10:46   #546
s2325
Zone Friend

Yes, some of them just need better sound than PC Speaker.
Old 08 March 2015, 06:47   #547
lurch

Saboteur - Amstrad CPC
Skate or Die - Loved this on the C64
Dynamite Dan I and II would be fantastic too :-)
Old 08 March 2015, 06:54   #548
s2325
Zone Friend

Project Y from Mega Drive http://www.retrocollect.com/News/fir...-projecty.html
Old 08 March 2015, 07:07   #549
lurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
Yes, some of them just need better sound than PC Speaker.
With a sound blaster card the sfx and music are pretty good in Commander Keen. 6 being my favourite version :-)
Old 08 March 2015, 07:09   #550
s2325
Zone Friend

Yes, but I think Cosmo, Crystal Caves, Secret Agent are for PC Speaker only.
Old 08 March 2015, 15:33   #551
Gordon Bennett

Cholo. Wonderful ideas in there but a bit ambitious for 8 bit hardware. Could have been quite nice with the Amiga's power behind it.

Old 09 March 2015, 10:07   #552
Twiggy
\m/

Rastan would be a great one to have on the Amiga.
Old 09 March 2015, 20:26   #553
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Still struggling in learning Blitz but am going to tell some of my favorites that was waiting for an Amiga version at the time:

- taxi (data east)
- Cadash
- Flash Point (if i manage to make that blitz basic source work i could work on it)
- Raimais (nice Taito arcade game, the japanese version also had story mode - [ Show youtube player ] ) this one should be not too hard to port
- Of course better versions of Strider and OutRun
Old 12 March 2015, 12:27   #554
Zerotech

Was Head over Heels been released on the amiga? I know it exists in the C64, I was wondering.

I remember a game like that on the NES called Solstice and later in the SNES Equinox.
Old 12 March 2015, 12:51   #555
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Amiga Head Over Heels.
Old 12 March 2015, 13:30   #556
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I said it in another thread and I'll say it here again: Toejam & Earl really should have lived on the Amiga.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ToeJam_%26_Earl
Old 14 March 2015, 11:24   #557
Twiggy
\m/

Something like Toejam & Earl would be amazing, is there anything near that?

Torvak The Warrior is the nearest thing I've found to Rastan.
Old 24 April 2015, 03:29   #558
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

There were lots of Arcade games I would like to see ported on Amiga... as long as they were made by teams like Storm or Ocean France or Graftgold, not Tiertex or Software Creations etc

First, Most toaplan games shooters could had been done on Amiga... at least the ones that were ported to Mega-Drive, could hade been done. Someone mentioned Slap Fight, which should had been ported (the C64 has a pretty solid version of it). But we could had have Truxton, Hellfire, Grind Storm, Fire Shark... geez, even some games that were only ported to more superior hardware could have had some good scaled down amiga ports like Truxton 2 and Batsugun (Now that would be really interesting to see someone trying, it would need a LOT of scaling-down to make it work). Fixeight and Outzone would be good games on Amiga too. No need of Zero Wing, "All your Base" aside it was a pretty mediocre game.

Power Spikes would be perfect for Amiga, the arcade game uses only 1 button and it could have been easily ported IMO. I would have played the hell out of it. Also a game that didn't get one decent home port (The SNES version is just too slow, while the Mega Drive only got the previous game on the series, Super Volleyball)

Puyo Puyo would be an easy one to do too, and a very good game.

Some Konami arcade games would be good... Gradius I and II, Turtles in Time so the Amiga could have at least one good Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game. Also I would KILL to see a well-made port of Sunset Riders.. I really think Amiga could pull it off by scaling down graphics and nothing else.

Someone said Captain Commando, and that's another one I'd like to see, as long as it wasn't produced by US Gold and not coded by Richard Aplin King of Dragons, Knights of the Round and the arcade version of The Punisher would be pretty cool too. And one that didn't get any home ports ever and its one of the best games ever on this genre: Cadillacs & Dinosaurs.

I really think all those games could be ported to Amiga, if the right compromises were done and good solutions for 1-button controllers were aplied. I *really* think they could be done.
Old 17 November 2015, 13:37   #559
s2325
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickynoo View Post
- Tempest 2000 (Jaguar)
Amiga have Temperstorm/Thunderstorm in high/med resolution [ Show youtube player ]
Old 17 November 2015, 15:04   #560
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
There were lots of Arcade games I would like to see ported on Amiga... as long as they were made by teams like Storm or Ocean France or Graftgold, not Tiertex or Software Creations etc

First, Most toaplan games shooters could had been done on Amiga... at least the ones that were ported to Mega-Drive, could hade been done. Someone mentioned Slap Fight, which should had been ported (the C64 has a pretty solid version of it). But we could had have Truxton, Hellfire, Grind Storm, Fire Shark... geez, even some games that were only ported to more superior hardware could have had some good scaled down amiga ports like Truxton 2 and Batsugun (Now that would be really interesting to see someone trying, it would need a LOT of scaling-down to make it work).
Lots of compromises needed for many Toaplan games: too many colors or objects on screen. Multiple layers, etc. But I agree that many are worth a try.

Quote:
Some Konami arcade games would be good... Gradius I and II, Turtles in Time so the Amiga could have at least one good Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game. Also I would KILL to see a well-made port of Sunset Riders.. I really think Amiga could pull it off by scaling down graphics and nothing else.
You would be a much horrible person if you were willing to kill for a video game.
But would you be willing to pay for it? ^^

Quote:
Someone said Captain Commando, and that's another one I'd like to see, as long as it wasn't produced by US Gold and not coded by Richard Aplin King of Dragons, Knights of the Round and the arcade version of The Punisher would be pretty cool too. And one that didn't get any home ports ever and its one of the best games ever on this genre: Cadillacs & Dinosaurs.

I really think all those games could be ported to Amiga, if the right compromises were done and good solutions for 1-button controllers were aplied. I *really* think they could be done.
Well, Richard Aplin is a pretty good coder and you have to consider the constraints he was working with before blaming him for the ports he worked on.
Also you seem to easily brush off the monstrous size of sprites in Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.

But before getting new ports, if we could redo properly the bad ones we were sold in the days that would be already quite nice.

Also, I think wishing for something without doing anything is counterproductive because it breeds and maintains helplessness and guarantees nothing gets done. Putting even a few modest stones of the edifice is more useful and demonstrates to others that they too can learn and code.

Be the change you want to see in the (Amiga) world.
Everyone can code/draw/compose if they put the needed efforts into it.