English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 05 May 2020, 12:21   #1
keithshaw3

DB9 joystick Y adaptor - one joystick to Amiga and Spectrum

Hi all,

After much searching, I have been unable to find what I need and thought you guys may know where I can get one from?

I have an A500 and a Spectrum +2 and a Kempston Quickshot joystick which I use for both.

I would like an adaptor that will allow me to keep the joystick plugged into both and usable without having to unplug all the time (obviously not at the same time)

I have seen Y adaptors on eBay but they allow two joysticks to one port but none the other way around...

Any Suggestions?
Old 05 May 2020, 12:36   #2
dreadnought

I don't know if such thing even exist. You could probably build one with some sort of switch... It's an interesting concept, never thought of that.

I'm in a similar situation (have even more micros) and just got another joystick/pad. They're not so expensive if you look around - maybe 10-20 quid, depending on its condition. Though I'd advise buying from really trusted seller because I also have a drawerload full of just-about-working-but-not-really joys and pads.
Old 05 May 2020, 12:40   #3
keithshaw3

Yeah, I did think about getting a competition pro as I really liked them back in the day.

I am also short on desk space so thought this solution may be better if it's available.

Last edited by keithshaw3; 05 May 2020 at 13:01.