English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 20 August 2009, 00:27   #61
Maren
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: *
Posts: 567
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/republic_the_revolution

Like bringing back socialist slavery and genocide is cool
Maren is offline  
Old 20 August 2009, 10:53   #62
BuZz
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Oxford / UK
Age: 43
Posts: 583
Send a message via ICQ to BuZz
http://hol.abime.net/3407 ?

PS. I thought the amiga port of rtype was really good ! the sequel was a bit shit though.
BuZz is offline  
Old 20 August 2009, 15:03   #63
Anakirob
Unregistered User
Anakirob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tasmania
Age: 37
Posts: 858
Quote:
This makes me wonder.. were there any really blasphemous games?
Every 'God' game ever. Populous, MegaloMania, etc.
Anakirob is offline  
Old 20 August 2009, 21:10   #64
JudasEZT
Registered User
JudasEZT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: mercury
Posts: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuZz View Post
http://hol.abime.net/3407 ?

PS. I thought the amiga port of rtype was really good ! the sequel was a bit shit though.

Hey! the sequel is cool. play it in ntsc to avoid slowdowns.
JudasEZT is offline  
Old 28 August 2009, 21:47   #65
KevG
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: U.K.
Posts: 93
I remember some guy used to design sick games for a living. He had a write up in an Amiga mag when Amiga was about to go tits up. One of his games was called 'JOEY DEKIN'S SPEEDWAY CHALLENGE'. This was a NITRO/OVERDRIVE/SPRINT ripp off where you had to guide Joey in his wheel chair around a road with obstacles on it.

I think he did SIM SEAL CLUBBER as well. The GFX for this game were ripped from the icy stages in Cannon Fodder and you had to run around chasing little fluffy seal pups and club them to death with your pick axe. - Highly entertaining stuff!

Anyway, I think the most offenseive game ever is PACMAN because it is offensive to over-weight oriental drug addicts. A large round yellow chap popping as many pills as he can. Then he gets 'the munchies' when he eats a big pill and decides to eat the monsters on the screen. Highly offensive if you ask me. He's probably got an eating disorder too which bulimics will probably find offensive.

So there you have it... PACMAN - The most offensive game ever.

Erm, thats it. Bye!
KevG is offline  
Old 28 August 2009, 21:48   #66
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 41
Posts: 24,012
Awesome post KevG
TCD is offline  
Old 28 August 2009, 21:54   #67
s2325
Zone Friend

s2325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Gargore
Age: 39
Posts: 17,789
Well, in my work I know a lot of disabled people, also on wheelchairs, they want everything without giving anything. I have respect to them but for me they will always be patients, not friends.
s2325 is offline  
Old 31 August 2009, 12:50   #68
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel
gimbal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Spijkenisse/Netherlands
Age: 38
Posts: 3,401
Quote:
So there you have it... PACMAN - The most offensive game ever.
After that description I can only agree :s
gimbal is offline  
Old 07 October 2009, 05:27   #69
Mogilny
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Amiga 4-ever!
Posts: 118
I remember a point and click game which had buttons for jerking off, puking, raping and you walked around and killed people with a shotgun and a chainsaw. In the beginning of the game you found a pregnant woman who you could give a caesarean section with your chainsaw. Don't remember the name though, anyone who recognizes this? It had really crappy gfx and was very poorly made so it was obv not a game sold at the stores.

Edit:
I remember a game on C64 where prisoners was executed as a bonus after finishing a level. The higher the score, the more executions you were awarded I think. Doesn't sound so harsh, but it was on the news in Sweden because of it's cruelty. Don't recall the name of this one either.

Last edited by Mogilny; 07 October 2009 at 05:55.
Mogilny is offline  
Old 07 October 2009, 07:47   #70
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Retro-Nerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 47
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogilny View Post
Edit:
I remember a game on C64 where prisoners was executed as a bonus after finishing a level. The higher the score, the more executions you were awarded I think. Doesn't sound so harsh, but it was on the news in Sweden because of it's cruelty. Don't recall the name of this one either.
Sounds like Commando Lybia.
Retro-Nerd is offline  
Old 07 October 2009, 10:16   #71
BrooksterMax
Registered User
BrooksterMax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Norfolk UK
Age: 39
Posts: 426
From the Amiga days, the game Dreamweb was a bit "Hitman" esque where you shot the rock star who was having sex IIRC. I remember because it was a commercial release it courted a fair bit of controversery at the time.

In fact because I was a dumb teenager I immediately bought the original on release
BrooksterMax is offline  
Old 07 October 2009, 10:23   #72
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant
Predseda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The City of Townsville
Age: 41
Posts: 5,423
Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Cutting throats with knife in Fireforce was... weird.
Predseda is offline  
Old 07 October 2009, 11:12   #73
humble worm
Registered User
humble worm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: BP/Poland
Age: 41
Posts: 745
unlike killing with a burst from AK-47 or tearing into pieces with a hand granade

Polish pc game "Rezerwowe psy/Reservoir dogs" - strategy in which you lead a pack of mercenaries. there are drugs, alcohol and sex with prostitutes between missions, explicit language etc. plus some mocking at real persons - Polish politicians and tv "stars". Developers are the Stranglers' fans, there are some references to the band. Overall its total crap
humble worm is offline  
Old 07 October 2009, 15:48   #74
Nostalgeek
OT Whore
Nostalgeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Switzerland
Age: 37
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksterMax View Post
From the Amiga days, the game Dreamweb was a bit "Hitman" esque where you shot the rock star who was having sex IIRC. I remember because it was a commercial release it courted a fair bit of controversery at the time.

In fact because I was a dumb teenager I immediately bought the original on release

Yeah, Dreamweb made quite a lot of noise when it came out for it's dark and mature atmosphere.

All in all, it was a great game in my opinion, I truly enjoyed it even if it was underrated. Dreamweb is a dark, deep and rather dense game with a scenario totally worth it and violence is part of it - you do make a few cold-blooded murders, but it's not cheap violence, it's totally part of the scenario and couldn't do without it. The typical game (just like some movies in fact for example) where I think violence, as long as the game is played by its targeted audience, is a big part of the quality of the game.

I remember another game that made some noise, Waxworks, early 90's on PC I think. Was a kind of 1st person rpg-ish survival horror game, with very graphic dead scenes. Not a bad game at all.

Otherwise, the grossest, most violent and stupidest commercial games of all time has to be Postal and it's sequel Postal 2, I know someone mentioned it earlier but it deserves more credit particularly postal 2...this game was totally crazy and really made a mess I remember some catholic groups tried to bring the editor to court and all that shit...it's been banned in many countries etc..

Obviously Postal 2 was 3rd degree (and honestly....goddamn fun ), but still...a game where you can use cats as silencers for your machine gun, use a button to piss on people dead bodies, play a game inside the game called "fag hunter" and several other sweet things....that's probably the most offensive and controversial game ever officially released

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postal_2
Nostalgeek is offline  
Old 07 October 2009, 15:51   #75
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 41
Posts: 24,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgeek View Post
I remember another game that made some noise, Waxworks, early 90's on PC I think. Was a kind of 1st person rpg-ish survival horror game, with very graphic dead scenes. Not a bad game at all.
*cough* http://hol.abime.net/1677
TCD is offline  
Old 07 October 2009, 16:02   #76
Nostalgeek
OT Whore
Nostalgeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Switzerland
Age: 37
Posts: 280
Oh oh...my bad, I played it on PC tho'
Nostalgeek is offline  
Old 07 October 2009, 16:10   #77
BrooksterMax
Registered User
BrooksterMax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Norfolk UK
Age: 39
Posts: 426
I enjoyed Dreamweb too, although the PR went into sex scandal overdrive the actual game was pretty good.

The music and graphics were dark and edgy, the actual puzzles and adventure aspect played well. I never finished it, but have started it again on WinUAE, well worth a play if you like adventure games.
BrooksterMax is offline  
Old 07 October 2009, 16:27   #78
Nostalgeek
OT Whore
Nostalgeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Switzerland
Age: 37
Posts: 280
Totally and worth finishing it too!
Nostalgeek is offline  
Old 07 October 2009, 16:59   #79
Mogilny
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Amiga 4-ever!
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Sounds like Commando Lybia.
Haha, yeah this is it! Found it on youtube - [ Show youtube player ]
Mogilny is offline  
Old 07 October 2009, 17:14   #80
Mogilny
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Amiga 4-ever!
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogilny View Post
I remember a point and click game which had buttons for jerking off, puking, raping and you walked around and killed people with a shotgun and a chainsaw. In the beginning of the game you found a pregnant woman who you could give a caesarean section with your chainsaw. Don't remember the name though, anyone who recognizes this? It had really crappy gfx and was very poorly made so it was obv not a game sold at the stores.

Edit:
I remember a game on C64 where prisoners was executed as a bonus after finishing a level. The higher the score, the more executions you were awarded I think. Doesn't sound so harsh, but it was on the news in Sweden because of it's cruelty. Don't recall the name of this one either.
The name of the first game is Berra, I found a thread about it. http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...ighlight=berra
Mogilny is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Perfect General mai support.Games 17 04 June 2009 22:21
General Dryptud Dizzy project.aGTW 2 06 November 2006 20:53
General Discussion Zetr0 project.Amiga Game Factory 12 15 December 2005 13:53

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.09123 seconds with 14 queries