Old 20 June 2012, 17:14   #21
rampartsagain

i think i already tryed that out it says mounted but i will try again
Old 20 June 2012, 21:47   #22
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@rampartsagain

Sorry, I must of missed the question..

Anyway, its quite likely you need CC Rest fix installed - alternatively amgiakit offer a PCMCIA fix
Old 21 June 2012, 00:18   #23
rampartsagain

nothing to appologise my friend i think we are digging here some questions that must have been fixed some 10 years ago ,i think also should be created some data bank were we could check with time this issues anyway today have no time to check keep in touch
best wishes for all
Old 21 June 2012, 00:48   #24
sneeker

Pcmcia is disabled by workbench or kickstart 3.1 and above if there is memory at a certain address (Somewhere around 8mb iirc) this address is used by the pcmcia port, but some expansion cards also use it, so if theres memory allocated at the same address as the pcmcia port it disables the pcmcia port.
Cards like the blizzard and other pcmcia friendly cards iirc dont map memory to the pcmcia address and therefore it still works.

Updating the firmware should be a fix to stop using the same address as the pcmia port, but as I said earlier, from what Ive read elseware it basically disables the memory on the card. Which makes it pointles even having the card in.

Hope that makes a bit more sense.
Old 21 June 2012, 11:15   #25
roy bates

yes,but where to get these firmware updates.

does anyone have a link?
Old 21 June 2012, 22:48   #26
rkauer
I hate potatos and shirts

Send a message via MSN to rkauer Send a message via Yahoo to rkauer
The problem is the Mtec memory will clash with the Amiga PCMCIA (cardresource.device, which is inside the kickstart ROM), so a Zorro2-only card (as the Mtec is) will make the PCMCIA port unusable when more than 4Mb of RAM is installed.

There is no firmware upgrade for this accelerator, but there is a new PCMCIA "driver" (cardresource.device) that can be installed as a software module that maps the PCMCIA outside the Zorro2 address.

This will be transparent to any PCMCIA card hooked to the A600/1200.

I think Marios (mfilos in this very forum) have the archive and instructions on how to install it.

http://bboah.amiga-resistance.info/c...cgi?HARDID=142
Old 22 June 2012, 00:07   #27
rampartsagain

well i think mfilos made it i know custom kickstart is agains eab policy but in this case is needed i have original kick 3.1 on my amiga 1200 with os 3.5

read this:

http://www.amiga.org/forums/archive/...p/t-60108.html

if mfilos canĀ“help i would like to pm me for custom 3.1 kick as my mtec is blocking the pcmcia

Last edited by Graham Humphrey; 22 June 2012 at 00:27. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged
Old 22 June 2012, 02:02   #28
sneeker

http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/cobra

I believe theres a firmware update in one of the files (dkb.ferret.dms) Going to have a look later..

In the READ.ME File, it says, updated code to correct for a problem with 3.1 and memory on the accelerator card,. Also added and updated version of ReMapKS that works with the new code.

But it doesnt tell you how to update lol.

In C theres a file called flash that has to run from the cli, the FlashCode drawer has the update....

Im not brave enought to do it though yet.

Last edited by sneeker; 22 June 2012 at 02:17. Reason: Found how to update...
Old 22 June 2012, 08:48   #29
rampartsagain

sneeker but that says cobra accelerator and we are talking about mtec is it the same hardware compatible ????
Old 24 June 2012, 18:50   #30
rampartsagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkauer View Post
The problem is the Mtec memory will clash with the Amiga PCMCIA (cardresource.device, which is inside the kickstart ROM), so a Zorro2-only card (as the Mtec is) will make the PCMCIA port unusable when more than 4Mb of RAM is installed.

There is no firmware upgrade for this accelerator, but there is a new PCMCIA "driver" (cardresource.device) that can be installed as a software module that maps the PCMCIA outside the Zorro2 address.

This will be transparent to any PCMCIA card hooked to the A600/1200.

I think Marios (mfilos in this very forum) have the archive and instructions on how to install it.

http://bboah.amiga-resistance.info/c...cgi?HARDID=142
this is true i changed the edo by a 4mb sim edo i had from old computers and detected the pcmcia card ,do anyone have a custom 3.1 without this issue?????????

any help i am ready to burn the 2 kickstart chips .....