English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 20 December 2019, 14:40   #1
Foul
Registered User

Foul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Perigueux/France
Age: 45
Posts: 1,436
Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
Thumbs up SWOS 2020 available !

https://www.sensiblesoccer.de/

[ Show youtube player ]

For PC/Mac/Linux/Amiga !

Foul is offline  
Old 20 December 2019, 15:35   #2
Jax
Registered User

Jax's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 14
Wow, thanks
Jax is offline  
Old 20 December 2019, 17:11   #3
Aladin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: France
Posts: 339
a new game for windows and a new hack for amiga
Aladin is offline  
Old 20 December 2019, 17:16   #4
stainy
Zone Friend
stainy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Concord, NC, USA
Age: 48
Posts: 1,463
Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
I need to get a copy of SWOS somehow to get this working :/
stainy is offline  
Old 20 December 2019, 18:35   #5
kgc210
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by stainy View Post
I need to get a copy of SWOS somehow to get this working :/
The Amiga links on there are the complete game.
kgc210 is offline  
Old 20 December 2019, 19:00   #6
Specksynder
Registered User
Specksynder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Italy
Posts: 425
Great!


Specksynder is offline  
Old 20 December 2019, 19:50   #7
Gordon
Settler
Gordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Serf City
Posts: 1,449
What’s the difference for Amiga version. Just the names? All seems same to me
Gordon is offline  
Old 20 December 2019, 21:17   #8
stainy
Zone Friend
stainy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Concord, NC, USA
Age: 48
Posts: 1,463
Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgc210 View Post
The Amiga links on there are the complete game.
But I wanted the PC version.. and I need a previous version of SWOS.. I just paid for and installed the GOG version.. pointed the installer to there and it says file verification failed :/
stainy is offline  
Old 20 December 2019, 21:55   #9
Superman
Registered User

Superman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Wakefield
Age: 44
Posts: 766
Suffers from the same terrible slowdowns in the penalty areas that previous updates had unfortunately.
Superman is offline  
Old 20 December 2019, 22:28   #10
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Retro-Nerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 48
Posts: 11,871
This is just the annually season update. Nothing else is corrected/improved.
Retro-Nerd is offline  
Old 20 December 2019, 22:33   #11
NeoHippie2016
Freak
NeoHippie2016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Gladbeck
Age: 43
Posts: 432
But why need the game 4 MB RAM on Amiga? Only for the updated season?
NeoHippie2016 is offline  
Old 20 December 2019, 22:36   #12
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Retro-Nerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 48
Posts: 11,871
It's a preinstalled WHDLoad version.
Retro-Nerd is offline  
Old 20 December 2019, 22:56   #13
NeoHippie2016
Freak
NeoHippie2016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Gladbeck
Age: 43
Posts: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
It's a preinstalled WHDLoad version.
Thank you for the information!
NeoHippie2016 is offline  
Old 21 December 2019, 12:51   #14
Steve
You are Fake News!
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: UK
Age: 41
Posts: 2,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by stainy View Post
But I wanted the PC version.. and I need a previous version of SWOS.. I just paid for and installed the GOG version.. pointed the installer to there and it says file verification failed :/
Have you managed to get the GOG version working yet? I was gonna pay for it as well but thought I'd check here first. Good job I did.
Steve is offline  
Old 21 December 2019, 13:12   #15
Steve
You are Fake News!
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: UK
Age: 41
Posts: 2,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by stainy View Post
But I wanted the PC version.. and I need a previous version of SWOS.. I just paid for and installed the GOG version.. pointed the installer to there and it says file verification failed :/
Okay I managed to get it working without paying for the GOG version. All you need is a regular Amiga HDF SWOS file. I'd like to think that I'm a bit of a SWOS Grand Master having put more hours into this game than most people have had hot dinners. lol. The Amiga mode on the PC version is extremely accurate and faithful. I can pull off all the subtle tricks that I can do on the Amiga version (like scoring with a standing still header at the near post from a corner) so it is very accurate in that respect. Pitch looks great in widescreen. Audio is fantastic with the commentary.

Only a couple of bad points for me: First is it's a little bit buggy. I managed to crash the game fairly quickly by trying to view an instant replay. The instant replays don't seem to show the goal you scored so they seem a bit broken. The biggest fault though is the framerate - it's just no where near as smooth as the Amiga versions 50fps. It looks like it's running at something like 30fps which is verging on the unplayable for me. They need to increase the framerate somehow to 60fps.
Steve is offline  
Old 21 December 2019, 19:51   #16
zzbylu
Saberman

zzbylu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Kielce/Poland
Posts: 113
and small gameplay:
[ Show youtube player ]
zzbylu is offline  
Old 21 December 2019, 20:04   #17
stainy
Zone Friend
stainy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Concord, NC, USA
Age: 48
Posts: 1,463
Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Okay I managed to get it working without paying for the GOG version. All you need is a regular Amiga HDF SWOS file. I'd like to think that I'm a bit of a SWOS Grand Master having put more hours into this game than most people have had hot dinners. lol. The Amiga mode on the PC version is extremely accurate and faithful. I can pull off all the subtle tricks that I can do on the Amiga version (like scoring with a standing still header at the near post from a corner) so it is very accurate in that respect. Pitch looks great in widescreen. Audio is fantastic with the commentary.

Only a couple of bad points for me: First is it's a little bit buggy. I managed to crash the game fairly quickly by trying to view an instant replay. The instant replays don't seem to show the goal you scored so they seem a bit broken. The biggest fault though is the framerate - it's just no where near as smooth as the Amiga versions 50fps. It looks like it's running at something like 30fps which is verging on the unplayable for me. They need to increase the framerate somehow to 60fps.
ok where`s the best place to get a .hdf from?

Darren
stainy is offline  
Old 21 December 2019, 20:59   #18
Foul
Registered User

Foul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Perigueux/France
Age: 45
Posts: 1,436
Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
Quote:
Originally Posted by stainy View Post
ok where`s the best place to get a .hdf from?

Darren
From the main site ???



http://www..com/file/ninri35grhemxs1/swos2020.hdf/file
Foul is offline  
Old 22 December 2019, 03:36   #19
stainy
Zone Friend
stainy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Concord, NC, USA
Age: 48
Posts: 1,463
Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
?? what main site

Your link is broken
stainy is offline  
Old 22 December 2019, 12:22   #20
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 16,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foul View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stainy View Post
?? what main site

Your link is broken
Foul's link is broken as it contains "Media Fire" (that gets automatically stripped from EAB).

Go here stainy and click "Downlaad Amiga HDF": https://www.sensiblesoccer.de/swos-2020
DamienD is online now  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amiga Brilliance II Promo 2020 - TIP | TUTORIALS | TRICKS invent Graphics. Tutorials 7 03 January 2020 04:39
What UK Retro Shows/Expos 2020? 005AGIMA Retrogaming General Discussion 3 15 October 2019 11:16
Sensible World of Soccer 2020 Announced Neil79 Retrogaming General Discussion 0 20 June 2019 01:56
SWoS? Macca project.WHDLoad 1 22 November 2010 16:03
Swos Hd!!!! Tbird support.Games 0 18 January 2003 22:28

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.09581 seconds with 15 queries