English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 11 August 2018, 21:13   #1
amiga2000
Banned

68030TK etc

Where is it possible to buy this product? Price?
http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php...l=1#post892621
Old 12 August 2018, 14:47   #2
plasmab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiga2000 View Post
Where is it possible to buy this product? Price?
http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php...l=1#post892621
Wrong thread. This thread isnt for general accelerator purchase inquiries... its big enough already.
Old 12 August 2018, 19:12   #3
amiga2000
Banned

This card better, than TF530.
Old 12 August 2018, 19:36   #4
plasmab
Banned

Quote:
This card better, than TF530.
Yes. But talk about it somewhere else.
Old 13 August 2018, 21:46   #5
amiga2000
Banned

TF530 not available?
Old 14 August 2018, 00:31   #6
plasmab
Banned

Quote:
TF530 not available?
I dont sell any of my boards fully assembled. This is a hobby for me.
Old 15 August 2018, 13:56   #7
amiga2000
Banned

I wrote some private messages (TF530 shopping) to 8 Bit Dreams. I wrote the 1. message on Friday (Aug. 10). I wanted to talk over the things on last weekend. He wrote this on Aug. 11.: "Please send me Your email, so i can send You high resolution images." I did not receive pictures on weekend, I did not receive answers. Wrote this in the evening on Monday: "it's not my job, IT'S MY HOBBY. I can solder ONLY on weekends. People declared interest for the card on Amibay waiting 2 weeks for the card (as i can solder only at weekends)."

How may he build my TF530 card on next weekend (Aug. 18-19), if does not want to write ONE answer to me on whole weekend???
Why does he build cards, if 2 weeks = 1 card soldering??? Hobby, or not hobby. This is too slow.
I saw 8 Bit Drams entered the forum on last weekend many times. He saw my messages certainly. He left my messages out of consideration deliberately. Why?

I wait for the TF530 card since last year, I did not want to buy on ebay expensively (150-230 €). Was cheap already in summer on ebay (110-130 €), but cannot be reached now.
Here not available since July 24: https://www.ebay.de/sch/8bits4ever/m.html I wrote to 8 Bit Dreams because of this. I do not want to wait until September. Amibay not OK. I cannot be shopping on the amibay site.
Old 16 August 2018, 00:49   #8
kolla
Banned

So do it yourself, or find someone else... sheesh.
Old 16 August 2018, 07:51   #9
watman

This guy was spamming polish forums for Wicher, HC533 and other cards, including DIY - seems to think that people are desperate for his money and will throw everything away just to solder (or even develop stuff faster) what he ordered...
Old 16 August 2018, 08:29   #10
kolla
Banned

He should get in contact with someone locally in Budapest who can solder the DIY for him.

Last edited by kolla; 16 August 2018 at 14:02.
Old 16 August 2018, 15:15   #11
project23
Used Register

It seems that we're witnessing the emergence of the same kind of 'make it work' demographic that plagued opensource software IRC channels in the late 90's.

Back then there were projects that either worked incredibly well or simply looked and felt 'cool', but you usually had to jump through hoops to get it to even compile on your system. For myself this learning curve was part of the fun, and it was especially rewarding when you finally got something working.

More casual users however, for whatever reason, simply wanted the product. They would enter channels and near enough demand for help, bug fixes, or further development. Most of the time they were told, rightly, to 'fix it themselves' - which is a trend we're also seeing here (again, rightly so).

The recent rise in opensource hobbyist electronics with the availability of affordable PCB manufacturing seems to be creating a culture near mirroring the one back then, which aside from being frustrating is certainly quite interesting. I guess when something cheap (in parts), 'free as in beer' (in design), and desirable comes along, some people will always want a part of the action without any of the effort. They want access to the bleeding edge that others already have access to, but without the learning and time involved.

It took me two hours (don't laugh) the other night just to get the CPLD's soldered to my TF530 board, which i bought from Stephen on ebay. Was it frustrating? Yes (i've done a lot of soldering before but never SMD with that kinda pin pitch)... but when i finally got rid of the solder bridges under the microscope and confirmed it was all okay, I was pretty elated.

If you want one of these cards, you need to ask yourself whether you want to take on the project of building one of these cards. If the answer is no, you need to buy a commercial card or wait for this open hardware craze to reach the 'ubuntu' stage.

John

Last edited by project23; 16 August 2018 at 15:52.
Old 16 August 2018, 15:30   #12
amiga2000
Banned

Why do all developers not make the distribution properly? Hobby, or not hobby project.
Webshop, etc.. Look icomp.de ACA cards, etc..
Why on retro forums (ppa.pl. amibay, etc.) only it's possible to buy new products?
Wicher 500, Savina68k, TF530, other TF, 68030TK, etc.
Why the developers do not join forces to make ONE product?
Why does everybody want to develop an own product?
Everybody wins (developers, buyers), if a big development is ready instead of many little individual developments. Less development work. Look Vampire 500.
Wicher 500.....TF530, etc. sold 40-60 pieces/year? Soldering 1 card/week at home? ACA 500 and ACA500plus sold min. 300-500 pieces/year.

The Amiga developments are dispersed on the internet. The informations are not collected onto 1 place (central Amiga website).
The TF530 card better, cheaper, than ACA500plus + ACA1233, but cannot be reached.
Old 16 August 2018, 15:45   #13
project23
Used Register

Quote:

Self serving rant

Maybe you could start such a company, with either your own capital or investor capital. Maybe you could then head-hunt the better hobbyists, employ them, and pay for whatever facilities and transport needed for them to consult from their home nations. Maybe then you could organise the mass production of the finished product and market it at a price point low enough to sell but high enough to turn a profit.

Then maybe you could come back here and answer your own bloody questions.
Old 16 August 2018, 15:48   #14
chue

@amiga2000

Everyone has their own reasons for doing things. Again, for most of them, it is just a hobby. They do not want the hassle of making a business out of it.

Nobody is stopping you from doing the things you say. If you want things done faster, you are free to do it. Are you willing to put the money, time, and effort into making an accelerator business?
Old 16 August 2018, 15:48   #15
PR77

Quote:
Why do all developers not make the distribution properly? Hobby, or not hobby project.
Webshop, etc.. Look icomp.de ACA cards, etc..
Why on retro forums (ppa.pl. amibay, etc.) only it's possible to buy new products?
Wicher 500, Savina68k, TF530, other TF, 68030TK, etc.
Why the developers do not join forces to make ONE product?
Why does everybody want to develop an own product?
Everybody wins (developers, buyers), if a big development is ready instead of many little individual developments. Less development work. Look Vampire 500.
Wicher 500.....TF530, etc. sold 40-60 pieces/year? Soldering 1 card/week at home? ACA 500 and ACA500plus sold min. 300-500 pieces/year.

The Amiga developments are dispersed on the internet. The informations are not collected onto 1 place (central Amiga website).
The TF530 card better, cheaper, than ACA500plus + ACA1233, but cannot be reached.
It's a hobby project on a 30 YEAR OLD computer. No one is going to make money to pay rent, mortage, utilities, car, children fees, etc by selling HW for a 30 YEAR OLD COMPUTER! Deal with it! And as for different hardware developers, etc - think of it like this - perhaps the people want to learn and make a bit of "pocket money" on the side to cover the 1000's of hours (and upset wives / husbands / children) they have invested.

Solder one yourself, or pay the money for someone to do it for you if you can't.

Let keep the thread technical and not commerical, please?!?
Old 16 August 2018, 15:50   #16
PR77

I reckon this guy is trolling.
Old 16 August 2018, 15:57   #17
Ian
Global Moderator

Not entirely sure what your issue is Amiga2000.

Personally, I think you should dail back the attitude and ask nicely.

From what I can make out, he's told you he does it as a hobby, can do one card a week, and normally says there's a two week turn around.

SO, maybe he's got more than one person in front of you in the queue, or has some really life issue, or you've been far too aggressive in your emails and he's not prioritising it. Who knows. What I do now is you need the service he's offering so maybe your current course of action is the wrong way to go about it.

Why are you banned from Amibay? I'm going to guess it's being abusive to sellers.
Old 16 August 2018, 18:17   #18
amiga2000
Banned

Not the slow soldering the problem only. The problem: Soldering with hand at home. Not possible to prepare a high-quality product always. 1 card/1-2week(s) soldering, and 4-5 hours/week retro development is too little (1 man).

There would be everything easier, if the experienced hardware developers, programmers, etc. unite their knowledge. On the forums can be discussed everything. It is necessary to survey the claims, who what kind of product wants (fastRAM, IDE, CF or SD card, HDMI, inbuilt Kickstart 1.3, 3.1, etc.). It is necessary to prepare a multi-functional product, into which all useful functions are built. With the cheap CPLD, FPGA chips complex product can be built. Look ACA500plus, Vampire 500, and Turbo chameleon 64 (TC64 for C64, I sold my other expansion cards, and I use TC64 only). The 68000 14 MHz, or 68030 40-50 MHz + 2-8 MB fastRAM + IDE controller = step 1 OK. Jens (icomp.de) bought the documentation, schematics, CPLD files, etc. of the Apollo 020, 030, 040, 060 cards, he can build diverse 020-030 cards because of this (ACA1232, etc.). Important: Open source. It is necessary to deal with only 1 product, if the multifunctional product is ready. Anybody may buy this until 2-5 years in Webshop. 1 product = 1 problem only.
I do not want to direct the development. I want to enjoy the benefits of the modern technology in the new products. The old machines rise to a new life. The working Amiga 500 Plus config (machine with 1 MB, PSU, mouse, disks, cable) 100-120 € only on ebay. Plus 1 MB chipRAM 40-50 €. I buy a product, and ready. I do not have to watch many forums always, what is developed where.

I bought and I tested some new products already. ACA500, ACA500Plus, ACA1232 25, 33 MHz, etc.. I sold Blizzard 1230, 1240, 1260, PPC 66+210 MHz+SCSI, SCSI kit IV, etc. cards already. I have only a cheap 030+8 MB card (A1200). I do not have A500+ turbocard.

The new 68060 A1200 turbocard preparing is possible, if the developers join forces. Old Blizzard and Apollo 1260 cards = 600-700+ €! That's ridiculous. May go wrong any time, the repairing expensive and heavy, or impossible. Blizzard cards programmed chips contents are unknown, reprogramming not possible. If the new 68060 card = 500-700 €, this OK. Min. 300-500 buyer possible.

Last edited by amiga2000; 16 August 2018 at 18:23.
Old 16 August 2018, 19:16   #19
8 Bit Dreams
Retro maniac

have indeed some persons waiting on TF530, two persons are waiting on 68030TK and four persons are waiting on 68EC020TK. This weekend have finished to build 10x Megachip Expansions and sent these out. So yeah, it's my hobby, im interested in a lot of amiga hardware, building it for my purposes generally, but do also some cards for community, cause i know how do you feel if you are unable to solder, yet wanna have a good accelerator card or memory expasion. I am doing it also to get funds back im invested in the soldering station, microscope, oscilloscope and other lab hardware. I do donations every month to Amibay and A1k, cause i like these forums and really like to help owners a little bit. Hope to be able to support EAB soon..

@amiga2000
1. The way You communicate, and how You decide how much you gonna pay for hardware is not ok for me, hence no answer, Sorry.
(if i recall correctly - You've done same thing with my 1MB ChipRAM expansion for A500+ lot on Ebay, i've placed in March this year)
2. And second thing: You want to have CF Card with installed software included - it is not legal cause Workbench is still under Copyright. Sorry
3. This thread is about Stephen's Leary's TF accelerator cards, so please keep it clear.

PS
AND PLEASE do not mix ACA500(plus), Vampire with open source products! There is a BIG defference!!
Open source is OPEN (everyone can build these cards, while commercial is CLOSED! (and so will it be)

PPS
Just go and buy Vampire, it is better and faster than any card mentioned here..
Thank You

Viktor

Last edited by 8 Bit Dreams; 16 August 2018 at 19:57.
Old 16 August 2018, 20:51   #20
Jope
-

Discussion split from the Terriblefire thread.