English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 04 March 2016, 21:04   #41
Starglider 2
Registered User

Starglider 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: California
Posts: 1,027
I'll take the blame.

My Plipbox should arrive on Monday then I'll be able to try it on the A500+.
Starglider 2 is offline  
Old 05 May 2016, 06:24   #42
Starglider 2
Registered User

Starglider 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: California
Posts: 1,027
Well the good news is I got the Plipbox up and running online! Woo!

And I can receive POP mail with YAM! Woo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogginthenog View Post
I just tried YAM with 1and1 and it successfully receives and sends emails.
My SMTP settings are simple:

Server: smtp.1and1.com
Port: 25
Connection Security: No Security
Authentification: Auto
The bad news is I've hit an obstacle with the YAM 1.3 SMTP settings. As you know, to run YAM on an A-500 Plus with WB 3.1, I am (according to this thread) limited to v1.3.5 here: http://aminet.net/package/comm/yam/YAM13_5

In v1.3 there is no SMTP Port or Authentication settings option! I don't see the last 3 settings above. Slideshow (2 images): https://goo.gl/a7Kjuu

I hope somebody can help.

Last edited by Starglider 2; 15 May 2016 at 09:40.
Starglider 2 is offline  
Old 05 May 2016, 13:59   #43
Don_Adan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Warsaw/Poland
Age: 50
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglider 2 View Post
Well the good news is I got the Plipbox up and running online! Woo!

And I can send POP mail with YAM! Woo!



The bad news is I've hit an obstacle with the YAM 1.3 SMTP settings. As you know, to run YAM on an A-500 Plus with WB 3.1, I am (according to this thread) limited to v1.3.5 here: http://aminet.net/package/comm/yam/YAM13_5

In v1.3 there is no SMTP Port or Authentication settings option! I don't see the last 3 settings above. Slideshow (2 images): https://goo.gl/a7Kjuu

I hope somebody can help.
Press Get Mail first, pop3 data must be set correctly, if it doesnt works you cant send mail via this server. And disable Send mail at startup.
Don_Adan is offline  
Old 05 May 2016, 14:31   #44
nogginthenog
Amigan

 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London
Posts: 680
Well done

It looks like all newer versions of YAM require a 68020. I'm not sure what you can do about that. Maybe you can find someone to build a 68000 version of YAM? YAM is open source.
nogginthenog is offline  
Old 05 May 2016, 19:00   #45
Starglider 2
Registered User

Starglider 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: California
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Adan View Post
Press Get Mail first, pop3 data must be set correctly, if it doesnt works you cant send mail via this server. And disable Send mail at startup.
POP3 works fine. I can receive but it won't send. I need to set there port to 25 but there's no option.

Are there any mailers that work on A500 and allow you to set the port and authentication method for SMTP?

Cheers!
Starglider 2 is offline  
Old 05 May 2016, 19:20   #46
Don_Adan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Warsaw/Poland
Age: 50
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglider 2 View Post
POP3 works fine. I can receive but it won't send. I need to set there port to 25 but there's no option.

Are there any mailers that work on A500 and allow you to set the port and authentication method for SMTP?

Cheers!
Only THOR works for 68000 too, but this is ancient mailer too and perhaps commercial too. You can try to use ":25" to set port, maybe it can works for YAM, f.e. smtp.1and1.com:25
Don_Adan is offline  
Old 05 May 2016, 19:24   #47
Starglider 2
Registered User

Starglider 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: California
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Adan View Post
Only THOR works for 68000 too, but this is ancient mailer too and perhaps commercial too. You can try to use ":25" to set port, maybe it can works for YAM, f.e. smtp.1and1.com:25
Sadly :25 didn't work

Cheers!
Starglider 2 is offline  
Old 05 May 2016, 22:55   #48
Don_Adan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Warsaw/Poland
Age: 50
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglider 2 View Post
Sadly :25 didn't work

Cheers!
Then you can try to find to YAM 1.3.5 source code, change port to 25 and compile it.
Or binary edit YAM 1.3.5 and replace original port with 25 values (hex and/or ascii).
Don_Adan is offline  
Old 05 May 2016, 23:20   #49
Starglider 2
Registered User

Starglider 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: California
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Adan View Post
Then you can try to find to YAM 1.3.5 source code, change port to 25 and compile it.
Or binary edit YAM 1.3.5 and replace original port with 25 values (hex and/or ascii).
Oh wow I wouldn't know how to do that.

Maybe someone here is able?

Cheers!
Starglider 2 is offline  
Old 06 May 2016, 21:00   #50
idrougge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 3,679
Why would you need to change the port? 25 is the standard SMTP port.
idrougge is offline  
Old 06 May 2016, 22:04   #51
Starglider 2
Registered User

Starglider 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: California
Posts: 1,027
Well in that case it's another missing setting. If you look further up in this thread you'll see the required settings posted by another user. Perhaps it's the ability to set authentication to OFF?

Cheers!
Starglider 2 is offline  
Old 07 May 2016, 17:48   #52
emufan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: #DrainTheSwamp
Posts: 4,546
I cannot believe by myself, but i managed to crosscompile Yam for 68000 - and it does start on my emulated a1200 winuae setup - i have no A500 setup.
there are several issues - foremost the linker could not make a striped version.
the self compiled toolchain also has some issues - i had to use a precompiled ld from 2005. anyway.
Code:
  LD YAM.os3.debug
  LD YAM.os3
Warning: Output file cannot represent architecture m68k:68000
m68k-amigaos-strip: YAM.os3.debug: No error
Makefile:809: recipe for target 'YAM.os3' failed
the error message about 68k is a bit strange - but it already build the debug version.

using Imploder to crunch it, it could get rid of debug hunks and made a 1.8m file out of 32m debug version.
issues i had with a a math function in bayesfilter and a icon problem with a malformed function. had to add some sources to objectlist in the makefile. there were some more, again, anyway.
the github source is version 2.10-dev ( i thought it was 2.1 )
I just put the exe in the 2.9p1 installation folder and it does start.

install YAM29p1-AmigaOS3.lha and put the exe files into the install folder. I added a PP and a IMP version one packed with imploder, next with powerpacker.

if it does work indeed with 68000, i try to find the 2.9p1 source ( this stable version might work better ).
zoned: Yam_v2.10-dev-68k-TestVersion.lha

the crosscompiler toolchain i was using is really nice at all.
it also let you install sdk for different application, like mui, ahi, cgx:
amigaos-cross-toolchain

Last edited by emufan; 07 May 2016 at 23:54.
emufan is offline  
Old 07 May 2016, 18:48   #53
Starglider 2
Registered User

Starglider 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: California
Posts: 1,027
Thank you! Will test within a few days!

Cheers!
Starglider 2 is offline  
Old 07 May 2016, 19:27   #54
emufan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: #DrainTheSwamp
Posts: 4,546
np. and I hope it will work. the startup may take some time, even on my "fastest possible" emulation,
it takes some seconds before a window will be shown

I found a function in yam.c which checks for a 68020+ cpu.
i remove this check from the source and compiled another version.
there is also an expiration date for those developer versions, i did not removed this check.
(maybe this is not active at all, cannot find the inital value/number of days defined somewhere, anyway. )

#1) since i had to remove a function from bayesfilter (part of the spamfilter)
disable spam filter at all, in the configuration window.

#2) if this will start at all on a 68000 cpu, i will try to fix the remaining issues.

#3) i attach a diff of the things i changed, diff against the github-master branch i was using.
for example i had to use another libm.a ( precompiled one from 2005 ) since the one from the toolchain doesnt
found a reference to `__check_abort_enabled' and `funlockfile'

download again from the zone - 68020+ cpu check removed ( hopefully all those checks )
zoned: Yam_v2.10-dev-68k-TestVersion.lha
Attached Files
File Type: txt yam-68k.diff.txt (4.9 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by emufan; 07 May 2016 at 23:53.
emufan is offline  
Old 08 May 2016, 00:21   #55
Starglider 2
Registered User

Starglider 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: California
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
np. and I hope it will work. the startup may take some time, even on my "fastest possible" emulation,
it takes some seconds before a window will be shown

I found a function in yam.c which checks for a 68020+ cpu.
i remove this check from the source and compiled another version.
there is also an expiration date for those developer versions, i did not removed this check.
(maybe this is not active at all, cannot find the inital value/number of days defined somewhere, anyway. )

#1) since i had to remove a function from bayesfilter (part of the spamfilter)
disable spam filter at all, in the configuration window.

#2) if this will start at all on a 68000 cpu, i will try to fix the remaining issues.

#3) i attach a diff of the things i changed, diff against the github-master branch i was using.
for example i had to use another libm.a ( precompiled one from 2005 ) since the one from the toolchain doesnt
found a reference to `__check_abort_enabled' and `funlockfile'

download again from the zone - 68020+ cpu check removed ( hopefully all those checks )
zoned: Yam_v2.10-dev-68k-TestVersion.lha
Thanks! Can't get to Amiga right now but is this an installer, a patch, or a ready to go app?

Cheers!
Starglider 2 is offline  
Old 08 May 2016, 00:51   #56
emufan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: #DrainTheSwamp
Posts: 4,546
I managed to find the source of version 2.9p1, I again had to fix some things.
not that many as above but the attached diff will list what was changed.

inside the lha you find the main program of yam.
once you installed the 2.9p1 version you just copy the files inside the lha into your yam folder.
I added icons to the programs. so you see in the yam folder for example:
YAM-2.9p1.os3.debug -> start this.
( YAM-2.9p1.os3.debugIMP is just compressed with TurboImploder )

zoned: Yam_v2.9p1-68k-TestVersion.lha


btw. how much fastram do you have in your A500+ ?
Yam is about 1.8mb in size , i hope you have some fastram aswell

just found out: A508IDE by Kipper2k, 8MB is ok i think

========================================================
#1) strerror_r was not defined or the function does not exists at all, can anyone help here?

#2) GetIconRectangleA(NULL, dobj, NULL, &rect, tags);
mui/AttachmentImage.c:227: warning: implicit declaration of function `LP5A4'
mui/AttachmentImage.c:227: parse error before `BOOL'
mui/AttachmentImage.c:219: warning: unused parameter `tags'

anyone can help here ?

#3) undefined reference to `frexp'
anyone know how to cope with that?
Attached Files
File Type: txt yam-2.9p1-68k.diff.txt (4.6 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by emufan; 08 May 2016 at 01:04.
emufan is offline  
Old 08 May 2016, 08:32   #57
Starglider 2
Registered User

Starglider 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: California
Posts: 1,027
I really appreciate your help. Unfortunately I can't even install the original 2.9p1. It just hangs at the 1% install mark before I proceed to choose an installation directory. I've been watching the clock pointer for 10 minutes now. I think the installer itself may be built for 020.

I understand if there's nothing else you can do. But if you do find yourself with some spare time and enjoy this project...

One thing that comes to mind is if you could pack your working directory into an lha?
And tell me any files to copy to the system directories?
Starglider 2 is offline  
Old 08 May 2016, 12:58   #58
emufan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: #DrainTheSwamp
Posts: 4,546
zoned: Yam_v2.9p1-68k-Folder.lha
this is my cleaned yam folder, executables are:
YAM-2.9p1.os3.debug --> start this
YAM-2.9p1.os3.debugIMP --> or try this ( imploder packed )
YAM-68020 --> orginal 2.9p1 for 68020+
including the folder the installer was creating.

you can start snoopdos before you start yam, so you can see what is missing.
some things does not look good, it is searching for some timezone things in a unix-like path - but it starts anyway.
some things may be not installed yet, some mui extension - ToolBar.mcc or such things.
maybe yam itself will tell you ( if it will start at all ) or snoopdos will show you what went "fail"
mui 3.8 you should have installed of course.
make an assign to YAM: to the install folder before you start - for example:
assign yam: ram:yam-folder

give it a try

Last edited by emufan; 08 May 2016 at 13:09.
emufan is offline  
Old 13 May 2016, 01:35   #59
Starglider 2
Registered User

Starglider 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: California
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
zoned: Yam_v2.9p1-68k-Folder.lha
this is my cleaned yam folder, executables are:
YAM-2.9p1.os3.debug --> start this
YAM-2.9p1.os3.debugIMP --> or try this ( imploder packed )
YAM-68020 --> orginal 2.9p1 for 68020+
including the folder the installer was creating.

you can start snoopdos before you start yam, so you can see what is missing.
some things does not look good, it is searching for some timezone things in a unix-like path - but it starts anyway.
some things may be not installed yet, some mui extension - ToolBar.mcc or such things.
maybe yam itself will tell you ( if it will start at all ) or snoopdos will show you what went "fail"
mui 3.8 you should have installed of course.
make an assign to YAM: to the install folder before you start - for example:
assign yam: ram:yam-folder

give it a try
Unfortunately both your files give this crash:

Quote:
YAM-...debugIMP
Program failed (error #80000003)
Wait for disk activity to finish.
It's probably not worth any more of your time on this. Thank you for trying.

For now I'm going to try Thor instead.
Starglider 2 is offline  
Old 14 May 2016, 15:58   #60
emufan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: #DrainTheSwamp
Posts: 4,546
I had a little bit of hope *sigh* i'm sorry.
Maybe the yam.ch forum is a way to request a 68k build - but it looks a bit dead. even older posting did not got a response.
I wrote a ticket, asking for a 68k version on github repository - they will know if it is possbile at all.

i also zoned thor 2.6 and 2.6a ( one archive) - i hope they run on 68k.

#1) best example for BOFH - i wrote the ticket , he said: no we dont build 68k version - get a faster amiga or winuae ...
before i could answer he already _CLOSED_ my ticket - WTF is going on in amigaland ?
I wrote again - lets see what happens.

Last edited by emufan; 14 May 2016 at 16:38.
emufan is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
YAM and GMAIL Hiddenevil support.Apps 10 15 December 2015 11:11
WB3.1 for A600???? Overkill support.Other 4 12 January 2012 22:26
Configure SimpleMail in Amikit for Gmail AmigaEd support.Apps 4 19 April 2010 21:51
WB2.1 or WB3.1 or WB3.9 Olecranon New to Emulation or Amiga scene 3 02 September 2006 19:42

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.09596 seconds with 14 queries