English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 10 October 2003, 11:22   #1
Mojo

Send a message via ICQ to Mojo Send a message via AIM to Mojo Send a message via Yahoo to Mojo
Arrow WeirdScience's Network PC

Well It finally arrived guys, im having problems though, hope someone can help me :/

1: Pc Side - Network Server loads doesnt show anything in the box (im presuming that this is because im using win2000 (ill install 98, or try the dosemu on linux)

2. Amiga side - On clicking install "Unable to load your tool install"

Im running a stock 1200, im pretty sure i need to download installer, but errm i dont know how im gonna do it because this was the whole point of the network - my 720KB dos floppie -> crossDOS attempts failed miserably.

Any ideas???!

Sadly i was kinda hoping it would work easily, but well i knew instantly it wouldnt be so easy...
Old 10 October 2003, 12:23   #2
Mojo

Send a message via ICQ to Mojo Send a message via AIM to Mojo Send a message via Yahoo to Mojo
Well ive been around on aminet - and paradise looks like decent software - the PC program loads and waits for amiga header, i just need a way to get the amiga paradise over to the amiga..

I thought about copying it over hex for hex 10kb in hex is .. a lot of typing

there MUST be a way.. i will find it..
Old 10 October 2003, 13:21   #3
Severin

Send a message via ICQ to Severin
Quote:
2. Amiga side - On clicking install "Unable to load your tool install"
This is just an icon setting problem, or your missing a standard dos command...

open the icon info for install and see what it's looking for, if it's looking for 'install' check for a file called install on the floppy, if you find it, check the protection settings (RWED).

If it's looking for 'installer' find it on your harddrive and change the icon to point to it...
Old 10 October 2003, 14:35   #4
Mojo

Okay Installer is on the floppy disk, as are mount3, mount2, and ALL the programs the icons are trying to launch - so the problem is that its not looking in the right place.

Well right now im really fed up, im guessing that if this even works somehow, ill need to get virtualpc working (which i cant because it needs a boot floopy to install off cdrom- my floppy drive(s) (tried 2) are screwed somehow), so no virtual pc, and no floppy drive meansferring anything ve to the amiga (the whole point of this thing)

so what im going to do is this:

Reformat amiga with workbench 3.0 (checking all disks work first), try network PC amiga disk again, if that somehow works, ill have a crack with virtual pc, or try and dosemu it in linux, and vmware windows on linux ...

Man things so complicated!! lol, ive tried so many things, two whole days on crossdos (only ever got to view the files - didnt copy anything), an afternoon trying to mount the hard drive, lots of time on the internet looking for network cards, etc.

By tommorow, I will have system that works right, or ill have a smashed amiga 1200 in a bin, with winuae running on tv-out on my pc

Sorry for wasting your time guys..
Old 10 October 2003, 14:59   #5
Mojo

hahaha, this can only happen to me.

No Workbench install disk.
Old 10 October 2003, 23:03   #6
Severin

Send a message via ICQ to Severin
you don't need the install disk unless you've already re-partitioned and formatted your HD, which is a bit over the top for a simple installer cockup...

If you have formatted boot from a workbench floppy, open a shell and type:

Copy df0: <device name>: all

which will copy the whole workbench disk to your HD partition (device name should be DH0 or maybe HD0, use the info command to find out)

you should then be able to boot into workbench to manually copy the other disks across...

PM me if you get stuck and I'll give you my phone number, be a bit quicker that way...

Last edited by Severin; 10 October 2003 at 23:10.
Old 11 October 2003, 05:56   #7
adolescent