English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.UAE Wishlist

Old 21 December 2017, 03:04   #1
Srksi

Improve of confugiration save system / CRT flicker simulation

1. idk, there is nothing wrong with conf save system, but still I think that button "Save and use as default configuration" for instant saving ALL settings, floppy locations, joystick settings, etc etc, without bothering with naming and browsing for configurations. Simple, no brainer , you set your game, press save and configuration will always be there until you change it or load another configuration
2. ye, CRT flicker for little nostalgia

Old 23 December 2017, 21:57   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

1: It would cause problems because config can be made to not open GUI (and start emulation automatically) and it would be really annoying and confusing if you save config with no gui flag and then later run winuae..

2: CRT flicker as in interlace flicker? If yes, tick Display panel interlace line mode to fields+.
Old 12 May 2018, 17:17   #3
Srksi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
1: It would cause problems because config can be made to not open GUI (and start emulation automatically) and it would be really annoying and confusing if you save config with no gui flag and then later run winuae..

2: CRT flicker as in interlace flicker? If yes, tick Display panel interlace line mode to fields+.
Tnx for response!
1.Good thinking, can make problems, Ill resuggest when I get better idea
2. lol, I didnt even tried that option so far in 10 years! It is damn nostalgic, but I had in mind 50hz crt tv flicker caused by phosporous retention, its big part of nostalgia, and old gaming simple isnt it when its played on lcd monitor