English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace > Swapshop

Old 26 November 2008, 23:52   #1
webhead
Banned

swap psp for an amiga

i got me a psp all firmwared up running games off the 4gb mem card now whos got an old amiga they wanna swap me.

im still after a a2000 but you might get me interested in sumit you got.

so come on watta you got.

ps.its also running pspuae works well.
Old 26 November 2008, 23:58   #2
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

What Amiga do you want? I'm just down the road in Didcot and I could sort you one out for a few squid or maybe even gratis.

Considering you could get an A1200HD for about £40 I'd hold on to your PSP. Or sell it separately and use the funds to buy an Amiga?
Old 26 November 2008, 23:58   #3
s2325
Zone Friend

you can still buy A2000 here http://www.efunzine.com/efnz.php?a=p...1d31642dcf5f6c
229PLN = 60.44EUR (http://www.money.pl/pieniadze/kalkulator/)
Old 27 November 2008, 00:05   #4
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead View Post
i got me a psp all firmwared up running games off the 4gb mem card now whos got an old amiga they wanna swap me.

Have you tried putting a wanted Add on www.amibay.com?
Old 27 November 2008, 00:28   #5
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:

Hi webhead,

So you want to get yourself an Amiga because pspuae runs so well?

That's interesting, because the reason I was persuaded to buy my Amiga was that WinUAE ran so well!

Good luck!

prowler
Old 27 November 2008, 01:29   #6
webhead
Banned

lol no i just love amigas and hate sony ,so ill be glad to see the psp go plus i buy a psp play on it get bored senseless then sell it ,i have been doing this for about a year this time i am not going to buy a crappy psp again i hate them.

but its all working good condition somebody must have a nice 1200 or 2000 i would prefer a 2000 as it was my fav machine i wish i never sold her ,with that nice boing ball bouncing up and down i had ,those where the days rendering for a week then realising you forgot to put the cam in the right place lol.

i just want something to play with other than myself.

but i dont mind which amiga or even a cdtv but thats getting harder to get these days.

i dont care what it looks like or if its just a basic machine aslong as it works thats all.

and zetro why hasnt amibay got a swop shop?

Last edited by webhead; 27 November 2008 at 01:35.
Old 27 November 2008, 03:45   #7
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@webby

Yes, you see a swap shop idea sounds great, and arguble ties the community closer together, however when the Amibay team discussed it (at some length over a couple of weeks) we discoverd some serious flaws that were a huge cause of concern.

One of these was (if i trade my Uber 060 PPC for your l33t A4000 +040) only to find one or the other doesn't work, then the trader or tradee' if you will would be out of pocket either an a4k system for a worthless bit of kit, or recieving a worthless bit of kit and sending out a valuable item.

there was little if no comeback, combine this with possible postal damage and you have a nightmare trying to help members sort out trades.

there were other concerns but the above, that was the biggest hurdle, the team decided, that should a member wish to accept payment in part or whole for an item then that is thier choice, and those entering it would be fair warned as such.

The amibay team, recomend that member take measures to protect thier dealings online, such as using paypal or nochex or anthing that can be claimed back in worse case scenario. aguable getting to know the person you are trading with also helps.

so if you want webby you could offer your psp on AmiBay with say willing to trade for A2000 / A1200 or £££, but you must be specific in the £££ as you know AmiBay is not an auction site... thats what fl-ebay is for

just start a thread, Want to Buy in the Amiga Section, willing to trade PSP and or part cash depending on specification... or somthing like that.

hope that helps
Old 27 November 2008, 17:12   #8
webhead
Banned

ic come on now anyone got sumit for me?
Old 27 November 2008, 17:16   #9
JuvUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
@webby

Yes, you see a swap shop idea sounds great, and arguble ties the community closer together, however when the Amibay team discussed it (at some length over a couple of weeks) we discoverd some serious flaws that were a huge cause of concern.

One of these was (if i trade my Uber 060 PPC for your l33t A4000 +040) only to find one or the other doesn't work, then the trader or tradee' if you will would be out of pocket either an a4k system for a worthless bit of kit, or recieving a worthless bit of kit and sending out a valuable item.

there was little if no comeback, combine this with possible postal damage and you have a nightmare trying to help members sort out trades.

there were other concerns but the above, that was the biggest hurdle, the team decided, that should a member wish to accept payment in part or whole for an item then that is thier choice, and those entering it would be fair warned as such.

The amibay team, recomend that member take measures to protect thier dealings online, such as using paypal or nochex or anthing that can be claimed back in worse case scenario. aguable getting to know the person you are trading with also helps.

so if you want webby you could offer your psp on AmiBay with say willing to trade for A2000 / A1200 or £££, but you must be specific in the £££ as you know AmiBay is not an auction site... thats what fl-ebay is for

just start a thread, Want to Buy in the Amiga Section, willing to trade PSP and or part cash depending on specification... or somthing like that.

hope that helps
hehehehehe but on the other hand i know of an amiga swap that went perfectly
Old 27 November 2008, 17:31   #10
davideo
Amiga Tomcat

Quote:
i just want something to play with other than myself.

Dave G
Old 27 November 2008, 18:06   #11
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

yes, the PSP is so rubbish i have two.

Doesnt stop me having about 8 Amigas though, and yet i still use PSPUAE, despite the 'haters'. There's no way i'm swapping one though.

Quote:
lol no i just love amigas and hate sony ,so ill be glad to see the psp go plus i buy a psp play on it get bored senseless then sell it
quite astounding. hating Sony, but buying multiple PSPs. Sounds like you have more money than sense or judgement to me.
Old 27 November 2008, 19:12   #12
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I've not used my PSP for yonks. There have been no "must play" games for it.

Last one I really gave any time to was Medal of Honour Heros 2 which was what? 12 months ago?
Old 27 November 2008, 21:12   #13
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
I've not used my PSP for yonks. There have been no "must play" games for it.
Just of the ones i know i love (nevermind many others I dont have, or havent tried)....

Gottlieb Pinball Hall of Fame
Williams Pinball Hall of Fame
LocoRoco
Outrun 2006 C2C
Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
Tomb Raider Legend
GTA: VCS
GTA: LCS

At least half of which i play multiplayer with my friends, which is always a barrel of laughs. This was one of the reasons i bought a 2nd PSP, so that more of us could enjoy the multiplayer games.

plus there's countless PS1 games you can play using popsloader. at the moment i'm playing through Silent Hill, which i missed the first time around.

i guess it's all a matter of personal preference, but i also own the often-praised Nintendo DS, and the best thing on it is a ZX Spectrum emulator.... i really dont see the appeal in that machine at all - although having bought one (admittedly only for £30) i still wouldn sell/swap it in case something I do like does appear on it.

/rant
Old 28 November 2008, 01:07   #14
webhead
Banned

stop rubbishing the psp im trying to get a swap come on somebody must want to swap and give there kids a nice crimbo present go on you know it makes sense??

i just want to use dpaint again and all the other great apps a psp hasnt got.

but i have been playing turrican today and my son loves it hes only 3 but is now a turrican fan ,so i defo need an amiga now.

and a cheap tip for pspuae run the psp at 333mhz and give it more memory in the config and you will see it emulate an amiga much better turrican was playing perfect.
Old 28 November 2008, 01:35   #15
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
and a cheap tip for pspuae run the psp at 333mhz and give it more memory in the config and you will see it emulate an amiga much better turrican was playing perfect.

fyi, pspuae runs at 333mhz by default.

Quote:
stop rubbishing the psp
Quote:
i am not going to buy a crappy psp again i hate them.
make your mind up.
Old 28 November 2008, 08:11   #16
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

A colourful signiture you have there my fellow Horace

@webby

I will look around my components tonight see if there is enough for an A1200 for you. if memory serves m8, should be able to put a CF HDD in there 3.0 roms and might be able to lump in some fast no guarantee of the latter though.

It will include mouse as well. depends on time this weekend AND if i can find some decent plastics for the A1200 as well

m8y I will let you know
Old 28 November 2008, 10:48   #17
webhead
Banned

cool many thanks zetro ,and yes psp,s there not crap its just they dont make you want to play them much it seems you get 1 then it gathers dust.

well as for the 333mhz i had to set mine to it as it was running on 233 ,you can check by switching the psp on whilst holding triggers down go to config and see cpu speed mine was set low for some reason.but now its right it does play good i even had workbench 1.3 running lol

now thats a psp.
Old 28 November 2008, 11:22   #18
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
well as for the 333mhz i had to set mine to it as it was running on 233 ,you can check by switching the psp on whilst holding triggers down go to config and see cpu speed
that's not the point. even with the psp set to 233 as a default speed, when the PSPUAE code itself is executed, it pushes the CPU up to 333mhz. Ask FOL if you still dont believe me - he does frequent this forum afterall.
Old 28 November 2008, 20:29   #19
webhead
Banned

hungry i beleive you m8 ,i just dont care lol
Old 28 November 2008, 20:36   #20
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
@webby

hope that helps
Thanks for that explanation, Zetr0!

It will be of great help to a number of forum members, I'm sure.

Last edited by prowler; 30 November 2008 at 21:37. Reason: Oops! Sorry, Zetr0. ;)