English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 02 November 2017, 19:43   #861
andyhants

New AKReal V9 install

Hi I've just purchased the AKReal V9 Distro from your website the main reason being to see if the AmiNet Radio config you have setup can help me to correctly configure ANR in my current production AmiKit 8 install.

I want to install AKReal V9 seperately from any of my other WINUAE Distros so my question is to get started can I use the ClassicWB OS3.9 Distro as the 'clean AmigaOS3.9 installation' as required in your installation instructions then proceed with the AKReal V9 install?

Thanks
Old 02 November 2017, 20:19   #862
portarinos

Hey Retrofan, good job once again. I really appreciate what you are doing and i admit that i enjoy a lot all the distros so far. One question before i purchase AK9: have you tried running it under Amibian (Raspberry Pi)? I tried to install v8.8 with such a setup in the past but had trouble with Picasso and it hanged. Any ideas or suggestions on what to activate/deactivate?
Old 02 November 2017, 20:47   #863
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by portarinos View Post
had trouble with Picasso and it hanged. Any ideas or suggestions on what to activate/deactivate?
you have to disable CyberbugfixAga

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 22 December 2017 at 08:39.
Old 02 November 2017, 21:07   #864
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhants View Post
Hi I've just purchased the AKReal V9 Distro from your website the main reason being to see if the AmiNet Radio config you have setup can help me to correctly configure ANR in my current production AmiKit 8 install.

I want to install AKReal V9 seperately from any of my other WINUAE Distros so my question is to get started can I use the ClassicWB OS3.9 Distro as the 'clean AmigaOS3.9 installation' as required in your installation instructions then proceed with the AKReal V9 install?

Thanks
Hi andyhants. No, it will make a mess of things there. A clean install is just that, a clean install. OS3.1 plus OS3.9 plus BB1 plus BB2. Make a backup of that OS3.9 BB2 because it's always useful to have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portarinos View Post
Hey Retrofan, good job once again. I really appreciate what you are doing and i admit that i enjoy a lot all the distros so far. One question before i purchase AK9: have you tried running it under Amibian (Raspberry Pi)? I tried to install v8.8 with such a setup in the past but had trouble with Picasso and it hanged. Any ideas or suggestions on what to activate/deactivate?
Hi portarinos. Yes, AmigaSystem is right, whenever you need to install your own RTG config you have to start disabling CyberbugFixAga in the S-S for example. You can also use "DisableCGX&Birdie" in Tools, but it will also disable Birdie. That tool disables both because without Cyberbugfix you have few chip mem till you install RTG.
If you want to see/use a RTG config you can try it on WinUAE (configured to have a Picasso IV zorro III -There's a WinUAE config in post 1-) using Morpheuz and making three-four clicks, like in the videos I linked.

Last edited by Retrofan; 03 November 2017 at 02:18.
Old 05 November 2017, 13:21   #865
pcotter

WIP
AmikitReal Vampirizer

[ Show youtube player ]

RC2 ready to be tested
Dnld:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...nlBckdVNWpFX3c
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	23379904_10155654305390999_6546068901880335879_n.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	55339  

Last edited by pcotter; 08 November 2017 at 21:58. Reason: RC2 version
Old 12 November 2017, 22:48   #866
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Just to comment that I don't have a Vampire, so I can not try anything with it, but it seems that everybody is running AKReal without problems with it:

Recent videos:

[ Show youtube player ]

or this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcotter View Post
WIP
AmikitReal Vampirizer

[ Show youtube player ]

RC2 ready to be tested
Dnld:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...nlBckdVNWpFX3c
I'm glad that it's so easy to run it vampirized. Thanks for the youtube videos, tutorials from time ago or whatever. Also, congratulations @pcotter for such a nice vampirized setup. Well, please remember that this version is called AKReal instead of AmiKit Real or AmiKit.

And just to comment that I've started the WIP of the next update and I've just tried Femu with WinUAE, and it lets me run PostED without an FPU, just like I've always wanted.

I know that Femu won't work fast, but I think -I've got to try it in the real miggy- that a program like PostED doesn't need anything fast.

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by Retrofan; 12 November 2017 at 23:01.
Old 07 December 2017, 15:35   #867
radiokida
Tom

I have a question, currently installing AmiKit on my Amiga 1200 setting up in WinUae. I can see it extracting lots of the iGame .iff cover images. However I will be extracting all my WHDLoad games on to a separate partition.

My question is how do you get the covers to match the games, since the games will be on a different partition and some will not have the same exact name as the .iff file.
Old 08 December 2017, 01:29   #868
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hi:
The iff images are used for AGS2 as they need to be remapped to fit with the preferences and backgrounds used.

I can't tell about how the script made (adapted to work here) by @Cyberhead97 checks for the names. In my case I'm using the same games/demos pack he used, and that script works perfect. Maybe I can tell you more by PM about the ones I'm using.

The partition where you've got your games/demos must be added, editing the User-Startup at the end to point to its path.

I think you better first install and try it and then you can tell if you find any problem.
Old 09 January 2018, 23:34   #869
jabybau

Hi guys,

I would like to install this fabulous amikit on a 8gb or 16gb CF card and then transfer it into my amiga 1200 with accelerator card aca 128mb. What do I have to do? I read it must be installed onto a 3.9 OS otherwise it will not work, could you tell me the best way to achieve this goal? even partitioning in a correct way the 16gb card and leaving all the space for the OS+amikit to work correctly and as I have a lot of gigs in it, leave a huge partition for the games as well.....
Thanks for your help!
Old 10 January 2018, 00:13   #870
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hi:
You better install it all on WinUAE and later copy it to your CF HD for your miggy.

Here you've got a nice video from the lovely MsMadLemon showing how to install OS3.9 with the best file system, PFS3AIO:

[ Show youtube player ]

A couple of things:

- Make sure to unclick "Put Trashcan" when quick formating the partitions.
- Let for example 2Gb for the booting partition.
- After installing OS3.9 also install Boing Bag 1 and Boing Bag 2 from here:
http://www.haage-partner.net/download/AmigaOS/
- Make sure to rename your booting partition as AmiKit.

Any other thing, just ask. You can change for example the icons to be faster using one of my 16 colors icons packs.
Old 10 January 2018, 13:26   #871
jabybau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Hi:
You better install it all on WinUAE and later copy it to your CF HD for your miggy.

Here you've got a nice video from the lovely MsMadLemon showing how to install OS3.9 with the best file system, PFS3AIO:

[ Show youtube player ]

A couple of things:

- Make sure to unclick "Put Trashcan" when quick formating the partitions.
- Let for example 2Gb for the booting partition.
- After installing OS3.9 also install Boing Bag 1 and Boing Bag 2 from here:
http://www.haage-partner.net/download/AmigaOS/
- Make sure to rename your booting partition as AmiKit.

Any other thing, just ask. You can change for example the icons to be faster using one of my 16 colors icons packs.

very exhaustive and kind to me!!! I'll follow your suggestions as I get time to install it properly!!!..Once install it in winuae what do I have to do to transfer it to my miggy?...just the procedure..
Thanks
Old 10 January 2018, 19:46   #872
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Maddi explains that in her video . She installs OS3.9 on the Compact Flash.
Old 10 January 2018, 22:32   #873
jabybau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Maddi explains that in her video . She installs OS3.9 on the Compact Flash.

I'll watch the video.....tks mate
Old 14 January 2018, 14:29   #874
jabybau

the girl explains that well but It went a step ahead as she has already some files installed on winuae and she starts from those ones above all when it says about the file system for large partitions and what I actually would need is to install the 0.39 on my 16gb through winuae from zero with all the steps giving 2 gb for the os boot partition so to install akreal later on and leaving the rest for the games though ......so if you could give me a tip, I'd thank you a lot....I think that now I have messed up everything..

update: also found this one similar but exhaustive with all steps to be done...quite cool for noobs!
http://wordpress.hertell.nu/?p=124

Last edited by jabybau; 14 January 2018 at 22:15.
Old 28 January 2018, 04:34   #875
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks. Yep, that seems to be a good tutorial.

Sorry because I'm changing step by step a lot of files from my almost dead laptop to my new PC, installing and configuring a lot of programs and so. I'm also organizing my desk with new cables, scart switcher, hdmi one, etc, etc. And also I've got very few time (today, saturday, I've been working from 8am to 8 pm). I'm also into some C=64 mods, I also like to be here reading whatever and I also like to watch a lot of youtube videos or live streamings. I have the idea that I also have a family

I will tell you an advice: If you want to make whatever, just search for a Youtube video and you'll be making whatever you want
Old 01 February 2018, 20:56   #876
jabybau

Hi mates, just a tiny help since I have correctly installed akreal and it's great but I do not why I have a little issue now with partition n° 4 that comes GDH:NDOS, the first 3 parts work great, the boot one (2gb), the second and third (4gb each) on a 16gb CF....before committing any crime/mistakes I'd like to know how to solve this problem...
many thanks
I add a pic here so to show you out this...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	amikit.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	56561  
Old 04 February 2018, 11:18   #877
jabybau

pls,can anyone help me fix this issue about the wrong partitition displayed at the top screen ? The rest is working great but I cannot format GDH3, it seems corrupted but I do not want to risk formatting the whole CF....
tks
Old 04 February 2018, 12:41   #878
AMIGASYSTEM

If the partition is corrupt you could try to eliminate it only that one and recreate it (the same) maybe you find the data. If you can not find the data, format quickly and you can recover data with DiskSalv.
(Se la mia traduzione non è chiara sentiamoci anche su un sito italiano)

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 04 February 2018 at 12:49.
Old 04 February 2018, 14:44   #879
jabybau

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
If the partition is corrupt you could try to eliminate it only that one and recreate it (the same) maybe you find the data. If you can not find the data, format quickly and you can recover data with DiskSalv.
(Se la mia traduzione non è chiara sentiamoci anche su un sito italiano)
ehehe...it is clear!!!....quale sito?...ora provo a vedere come fare, il quick format does not work to me....mi da errore....
Old 04 February 2018, 18:19   #880
AMIGASYSTEM

Self it does not allow you to format it may be that the CF have physical problems.
(il sito Italiano amiganews.it)

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 05 February 2018 at 00:59.