English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 04 February 2012, 15:51   #461
ocean
Rookie Amiga user

Send a message via MSN to ocean
1 vote from here for not having ECS/AGA subcategories!

But how about this: There could be two paths in the settings screen: "Games" and "AGA specific games". If all the games are in "Games" -path, there are only "Games" in front page. If someone wants to split ECS/AGA -games, all the ECS games could be in "Games" path and AGA -games could be in "AGA specific games" path and the front screen shows "ECS / AGA" just like it does right now. That could be the way to achieve the best of both worlds? ;-)

Here you can see the colors washing off from first screen: [ Show youtube player ] . I tried to catch the scrollers jerkiness in the info screen but it can't be seen beause the bad quality of my mobile's video recording... :-(

Little offtopic: now I realize that my Samsung LCD will spoil that PAL-signal and setting NTCS from early setup shows the whole screen perfectly. I hope IndiECS will bypass this problem, whenever I got the money for it... :-P
Old 04 February 2012, 16:13   #462
Bloodwych

I think three categories is fine. In fact, it simplifies Tiny Launcher.

Anyone who wants to use ECS only games will install only the ECS versions - AGA users will probably install the AGA version, so leave it to the user to separate the versions when they are installing.

Even if you install both as an AGA user, I'd imagine the list will show ECS and AGA versions from the WHDLoad slave titles, rather than having to jump between an ECS or AGA list in Tiny Launcher itself.
Old 04 February 2012, 17:05   #463
ocean
Rookie Amiga user

Send a message via MSN to ocean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post
Anyone who wants to use ECS only games will install only the ECS versions - AGA users will probably install the AGA version, so leave it to the user to separate the versions when they are installing.
You sir are quite right - that's what I'm doing right now. So only one path for games, that's a lot simplier.
Old 04 February 2012, 21:19   #464
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibs View Post
Bye!
This is ridiculous, man. Man up.
We love your software, if you really like the Amiga you would put this childish fight behind.
Old 04 February 2012, 23:18   #465
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Forget all; take a day or two. But just go on with this incredible stuff. You aren't only making a great launcher... you're taking time also to go one by one answering problems and so... too much.

Last edited by Retrofan; 04 February 2012 at 23:27.
Old 07 February 2012, 19:46   #466
olesio

Gibs: don't give up and please include FastNAV feature, because in new version I can not still show letters list when pressing up key longer (as up joy direction) under WinUAE. On real Amiga I did not tested new version yet. FastNav will be very usefull. How to activate it?
Old 09 March 2012, 20:15   #467
Lobotomika

Edit: Decided not to be bothered about things which I know that won't change.

Last edited by Lobotomika; 09 March 2012 at 22:08.
Old 09 March 2012, 20:52   #468
mahen

You should definitely re-read the whole thread then to make your opinion. (mine is : Gibs definitely over-reacted a *lot*, but a couple of guys attacked him in a stupid way.

Anyway, we are not all responsible for what a couple of people may have said. Most of us really appreciated a lot the work done by Gibs and expressed it properly.
Old 09 March 2012, 21:33   #469
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by torturedutopian View Post
... a couple of guys attacked him in a stupid way.

Anyway, we are not all responsible for what a couple of people may have said. Most of us really appreciated a lot the work done by Gibs and expressed it properly.
+1
Old 25 March 2012, 04:04   #470
Ebster

i am using the tiny launcher 2.0 since today on an sx32pro equipped cd32 and i am very happy with it!! very convinient to use and easy to set up... i also like the arcade-ish and professional look, sounds, possibility to play mods in the background, its speed and that it is always present. i don't seperate my aga and ecs stuff as well, but that's a very little flaw - nothing too serious. but i still was happy if the seperation in the menu could be visually eliminated. at the moment i simply use the same folder for aga & ecs.

thanks a lot gibs, merci beaucoup!!!
Old 25 March 2012, 07:39   #471
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

It's a great WHDLoad launcher, no doubt. But do i miss here something? There are no scans for set tool types (set in the game icon), right? So you can't use additional CD32 controls, cheats, other language settings etc. with Tiny Laucher so far?
Old 25 March 2012, 11:02   #472
olesio

Retro-Nerd: you can always use *.tl script to execute WHDLoad(CD32) with more parameters than only slave name and PRELOAD option.
Old 25 March 2012, 12:47   #473
Ebster

that's nice, i didn't know that. so it actually doesn't look for whdload.prefs as well? so far i didn't have to change a tooltype but managed to write a runme.tl-script for xtreme racing.... works fine!

i forgot to mention that i love the fact that it can be used by only the joystick with no keyboard needed.

best regards!

Last edited by Ebster; 25 March 2012 at 21:45.
Old 25 March 2012, 19:11   #474
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by olesio View Post
Retro-Nerd: you can always use *.tl script to execute WHDLoad(CD32) with more parameters than only slave name and PRELOAD option.
Thanks, olesio. Yep, works pretty good with the script. Though a bit inconvenient if you have many games to configure. Maybe Gibs consider such a game icon tooltypes scanner. And of course i hope for a deep scan feature for A-Z folders too.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 25 March 2012 at 19:25.
Old 25 March 2012, 19:50   #475
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

Unhappy

My only issue is I can't get the RAD device on TinyLauncher to work on the CD32.
Old 25 March 2012, 22:33   #476
prowler
Global Moderator

D'oh, for a minute there I thought Gibs had returned.

If you're reading this, Gibs, how about coming back to help us out?
Old 27 March 2012, 02:53   #477
mahen

I wonder if he's still reading ?

@Gibs : you have many users here who would love to see you carry on (as crazy as it may sound, in 2012, you still raise interest for an Amiga piece of software !!!). Just focus on the bright side & ignore controversies ! We, human beings, cannot enjoy life if we take everything seriously...

As far as I'm concerned, I've almost completed an Amiga arcade cabinet (tutorial incoming) and intended to use TinyLauncher with it. If it's dropped, I'll have to do something myself, but it'll take a huge amount of time of mine, and be a useless duplicate effort (probably definitely less good than the original ;-)
Old 28 March 2012, 00:00   #478
Ebster

can someone tell me, what line to include to a runme.tl-script so that tinylauncher quits/pauses? usually there is no need to but i'm trying to run wing commander cd32 with a script and i hear the intro music while the tinylauncher restarts and jumps up on display... the game runs in background.
Old 28 March 2012, 01:50   #479
olesio

I did not noticed such a problem. But I have only few non WHDLoad games. Maybe try wait program with number of seconds as parameter which I included to this post. Or maybe some pause commands from Aminet and run them after executing game. I did not have other idea. In my opinion Wait cli util will be better because you do not need to press any keys like in pause commands after exit from game if title support some quit option.
Attached Files
File Type: zip wait.zip (802 Bytes, 86 views)
Old 28 March 2012, 02:06   #480
lesta_smsc

Ah 'tis a shame when we lose our developers over attitude that is purile. Nonetheless, Gibs if you're reading this: People love your software, you obviously love Amiga enough to create it, so please continue this wonderful software (ps. not personally used it as I don't WHDLoad, but looked at Youtube videos and it looks great!) People will have things copied/altered/improved on from time to time, but look at it as DEVELOPMENT and progression of something you've started!