English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 27 April 2019, 09:04   #101
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Guess why I have been ignoring this thread. Yes, not enough information. Only few screenshots. And weird workarounds instead of actually trying to match exact config (You do have real hardware, you should be able to match it exactly).

So if using real Z3 mapping causes problem, better fix it first! Attach log with it set and not set and lets see whats different.

Another possibility: compress your HDF (or make another smaller one that has minimum required contents to run the game) and upload it to some fileshare and email me the link or similar.

Do also "sys:tools/showconfig debug >ram:output.txt" using your real A4000. Text file is easier to use than a photo.

Fix problems one by one, not by trying something random until something else changes. This kind of so called troubleshooting makes me feel ill... (This is reply to everyone, try not just suggest "do this and that, it will work.". Explain also why it works and/or why original setting is wrong or unoptimal. Thanks)

btw, about Picasso IV jumper. URL only tells that it is 2M/4M. Not enough information. (Not that it really makes much sense in emulation where Z3 is always available, unless you want to match some complex A2000 config that has multiple Z2 boards). Showconfig output with and without jumper is minimum required information. (preferably with debug parameter)
Old 27 April 2019, 20:34   #102
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Guess why I have been ignoring this thread. Yes, not enough information. Only few screenshots. And weird workarounds instead of actually trying to match exact config (You do have real hardware, you should be able to match it exactly).
I understand. I don't treat stuff this way, but we not all the same. Matching exact settings, to me, can be interesting because Emulation to me is very different than real hardware. I'm able to change jumpers on the PicassoIV but not the emulated PicassoIV and I checked WinUAE's config and I didn't see any settings "related" to jumpers, so I checked other places. That's the confusion to me. Unless you're looking at code it's challenging to do stuff, and I haven't done any programming in many, many years. But I Do do a lot of beta testing..

I understand about text. Note made.. I have been wondering why you are so picky / fussy / dismissive of videos and pictures. Now I get it, text is clear..there isn't any fuzzy stuff in images unless it's your own monitor.

Quote:
So if using real Z3 mapping causes problem, better fix it first! Attach log with it set and not set and lets see whats different.
At times, I'm not always sure if you're meaning real machine or WinUAE real machine, and I wonder how many others might be confused about that. Not wanting to have big disconnects in communication, really wanting to help.

Quote:
Another possibility: compress your HDF (or make another smaller one that has minimum required contents to run the game) and upload it to some fileshare and email me the link or similar.
I'm in the process of doing all of that. Especially now that I know there's a bug in Picasso96.. Maybe a work-around can be found?

Quote:
Do also "sys:tools/showconfig debug >ramutput.txt" using your real A4000. Text file is easier to use than a photo.
Not a need, it's in my path. I don't like my Amiga to be merely stock. Laughing. But yeah, now I get you better...I'll use "text" outputs more. I prefer images. You're the coder, all good.

Quote:
Fix problems one by one, not by trying something random until something else changes. This kind of so called troubleshooting makes me feel ill... (This is reply to everyone, try not just suggest "do this and that, it will work.". Explain also why it works and/or why original setting is wrong or unoptimal. Thanks)
I don't accept anything is random and this communication messes with my mind some, but I now understand your usage of it. I tend to collect a bunch of stuff, and go for it. 1 at a time, okay. I think I understand some of your replies a lot better.

Quote:
btw, about Picasso IV jumper. URL only tells that it is 2M/4M. Not enough information. (Not that it really makes much sense in emulation where Z3 is always available, unless you want to match some complex A2000 config that has multiple Z2 boards). Showconfig output with and without jumper is minimum required information. (preferably with debug parameter)
Ahhhhhhh!! Again, the "not enough information" is starting to make more sense to me. I'd been really wondering about it. This bit of info is helpful. I don't read every thread, that would be too much for me...I'd go to the person face to face and get a much better sense of the person - but not always easy to do via Online, but I've been trying to figure some stuff. This is why I typed emulation is very, very different. It's not a form of "troubleshooting" I'm really used to yet, hah! Anyway, you've expressed stuff that is very helpful to me...at least.

Only problem I have with this part is, I don't know which Jumper should be outputted. Since I don't see that "probably bug in Picasso96" problem with true hardware. From what you've typed, I've ruled out segmented. Am I not correct in doing that? So you're asking for debug of 2MB and 4MB from true hardware, As Well As Real from WinUAE?

However, I'll send you a link soon with ready to use HF...you seem to prefer Zip files so I won't use Rar.
Old 28 April 2019, 13:41   #103
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Good news: Shogo colors fixed. Bad news: it probably is slower now..

Picasso IV has multiple VRAM "banks", one that writes 1:1, one that does word based byteswap and finally one that does long byteswap. PPC CPU accesses to byteswap regions used direct access (=no byteswap) which caused wrong colors. Now byteswap regions are using indirect mode which means PPC JIT can't access it as fast as previously.
Old 28 April 2019, 23:32   #104
AC/DC HACKER!

I have an idea of what you're conveying. Cool. I didn't know a about the multiple "banks". That seems to explain part of why with OS 4.x is displays, but not with OS 3.x with WinUAE. I kind of getting it..I'm sure I'll understand more soon. I wonder, then, also, if Payback PPC would be a little slower now then also.

With PicassoIV Shogo is slow anyway, with CVisionPPC it's, of course, faster..and more "pretty". But it at least - looks - correct. That was the main aim, I think. Which should also solve for Nightlong as well. At least that's logic is suggesting to me.

Sweet, Toni, I'll check the new beta..when you release it.
Old 22 May 2019, 03:31   #105
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Good news: Shogo colors fixed. Bad news: it probably is slower now..

Picasso IV has multiple VRAM "banks", one that writes 1:1, one that does word based byteswap and finally one that does long byteswap. PPC CPU accesses to byteswap regions used direct access (=no byteswap) which caused wrong colors. Now byteswap regions are using indirect mode which means PPC JIT can't access it as fast as previously.
So far everything is going well since the Picasso 4 VRAM was modified. What I wonder about is why the Shogo GUI don't show often when the ToolType POPUP isn't commented to be ignored. Seemingly sporadic. This isn't the case with real hardware.

Is there something particular with OS 3.5 I could log for you that might be helpful?
Old 22 May 2019, 11:27   #106
zipper

I can't even install Shogo - during the process when clicking into registering the installer immediately claims fail as the register requester opens. I'm on 3.9 Amikit install.
Old 22 May 2019, 17:39   #107
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

It is PPC program. Do you have required PPC hardware emulated and software istalled?
Old 22 May 2019, 21:04   #108
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipper View Post
I can't even install Shogo - during the process when clicking into registering the installer immediately claims fail as the register requester opens. I'm on 3.9 Amikit install.
You're using PPC because it won't extract unless PPC is present. The registration happens after extraction. However.. If you don't have a PPC, the extractions will fail but the registration will still be asked for but not saved correctly. So...I'm thinking you're not using Amiga 4000 CyberstormPPC.
Old 22 May 2019, 23:08   #109
zipper

Must try again on my PPC emu.