English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 25 May 2019, 13:53   #1
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

capslock and cd32 emu

Toni,
i detected a problem, i launch a cd32 game, and i tried to change the input target of one button or a key and it... Than i click on remap and it always select "caps lock".
Not difficult to duplicate launch a cd32 game with cd-audio and try to use the remap function.
ps: sorry to ask again but toni, really, could it be possible for winuae to detect that you sue a cd32 rom and he could set directly a cd32 pad ??
Using a setting, a command, anything... It's really a pain to always switch it !!!
Old 25 May 2019, 14:04   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican3 View Post
Toni,
i detected a problem, i launch a cd32 game, and i tried to change the input target of one button or a key and it... Than i click on remap and it always select "caps lock".
Not difficult to duplicate launch a cd32 game with cd-audio and try to use the remap function.
Can't duplicate. Obviously it can't be that simple or there would be lots more reports.

Quote:
ps: sorry to ask again but toni, really, could it be possible for winuae to detect that you sue a cd32 rom and he could set directly a cd32 pad ??
Using a setting, a command, anything... It's really a pain to always switch it !!!
No. You can have normal joystick connected to CD32 and I never will force select user settings.

You are supposed to create your own CD32 config file.
Old 25 May 2019, 15:23   #3
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Can't duplicate. Obviously it can't be that simple or there would be lots more reports.

No. You can have normal joystick connected to CD32 and I never will force select user settings.

You are supposed to create your own CD32 config file.
sorry my fault, it happens with t-zero (t0) when it reads cdda and it's numlock, not caps lock, perhaps it happens with over amiga cd games ???
I just tried napalm, no problem... It could be just t-zero ??
My problem with the cd32 emulation is that by default it set a basic joystick but nearly every real cd32 games doesn't work with a standard joystick, the fire button doesn't work, and if i remember well it was the case with the cd32 too.Then by default winuae is set with a joystick which won't work with cd32 games, it sounds strange for me. exemples flink, brian the lion ,lotus trilogy,etc.... when you launch any amiga config without setting a joy, if you push a button winuae will set a default joystick and it does the same with cd32 configs but this automatic setting which is great for others models but it 's a problem when it's a real cd32 game because the default joystick buttons will not work most of the time. That's why i think it should be better to set a cd32 pad by default with cd32 bios or when a cd32 game is detected.
PS: it's a bit long, sorry, but it's difficult sometime with a foreign language.
I hope you understood what i tried so hard to explain.
Old 25 May 2019, 16:25   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

"Default" gameports setting automatically means CD32 pad if CD32 config. And buttons 1 to 7 gets mapped to CD32 pad buttons.

You need to include example/screenshot/etc.
Old 29 May 2019, 00:17   #5
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

I'll try to explain why it's important for me.
I did a config for every games and i managed to set cd32 joypad
for every cd32 games but my joypads died and i recieve new joypads in gift but they aren't the same...
With a normal amiga game no problem, i press a joypad button and the joypad is set directly (default) but with my cd32 games, i press the joypad and it is set but like a basic joystick , i think it could more appreciate if winuae set this joypad for the cd32 not 2 buttons joystick.
With the quick start cd32 config, it works, but not with the configs i did long ago. Perhaps it's because my joypads change that the setting was changed, i think it's that. If winuae set cd32 joypad even when you change your kind of joypad, i'll be happy already.
In fast you did a config 10 years ago, you joypad is broken, you change the model of joypad and the setting is away, . 3 solutions, i do again every cd32 games (but a new joypad will reset it), the setting by default go to cd32 pad when the bios or a cd32 game is used or if a joypad is set cd32, when change you joypad it keeps the cd32 settings.
ps: If still needed i could post some logs or configs, as you which.
Thank you to take the time to read this , there is plenty better things to do for winuae, but you know my wife and my daughter still play amiga games but don't ask her to make the settings they are unaware of how to do this and i'm not always there to help.
edited : I promise, next time i'll make a draft of my post and i'll try to shorten it !
Old 29 May 2019, 00:21   #6
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican3 View Post
With the quick start cd32 config, it works, but not with the configs i did long ago.
...then update all your old configs to the new joypad settings using either Notepad++ or UltraEdit.

Job done
Old 29 May 2019, 22:17   #7
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I don't understand.. Perhaps configs + logs will help to understand better..