English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 24 August 2014, 20:37   #1
solarice

A600 + ACA620 + CF + Whdload = Confusion

Tbh im not sure where to put this...so apps it is as i'm guessing its a whdload issue? But who knows, take your pick from the title.

Right can someone let me know whats going on haha.

Installed a compatible CF with classicworkbench lite (followed all the guides). All went fine.
Finished setting up ACATune. All went fine.
Played about with whdload. All went fine.
System was stable (after a number of hours) so put everything back together and played some more (more hours). All went fine.

Thennnn.

I returned to some of the games i had been playing and now all i get is a black screen. Even this isn't consistent, Walker for instance just loaded up after black screening for ages (aka repeated resets - hard and soft), i then decided to exit the game to test "if i'd fixed it" and nope its back to black screen.

I've been double checking available ram in-between loads etc. so its nothing like that.

Doesn't matter if i'm in WB or out at the prompt.

All games that black screen according to the docs should work without issues. I have left them for a bit just incase its some caching / delay but nope the only option is to reset.

I have also had random errors for a couple of games on first boot, which when loaded again worked fine and have continued to do so. ???

It'd be typical if i've got an install problem as i'll have to take everything apart and spend ages fiddling about again, so i'm hoping its a simple issue as the novelty is starting to wear thin.

So does anyone have any ideas? is there likely an issue with the WB install, has whdload (unreg'd) just gone crazy, bad game files or am i missing something obvious.

Old 24 August 2014, 23:50   #2
solarice

Well looks like i'm going to answer my own query (hopefully to help others) and it was in the something obvious pile...looks like i was possibly too quick to blame whdload / WB etc etc.

After leaving the machine turned off for awhile the affected games have come back to life. So i decided to warm up the machine and yup the same games end up staying on a black screen. Other games will continue to work regardless.

So it looks like its a heat issue caused by the aca620, I thought i'd all ready solved that. bah.

Time to open it back up...