English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga File Server

Old 27 April 2013, 00:59   #21
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
Just had a check to fix thig. Virocop is there as far as I can see (might have been added later on though) and I can not find a non AGA version of Primal Rage anywhere. Not by Retr0 or killergorilla.. Is there one?
Primal Rage was only released as AGA, however, its nothing of the sort, it just needs the same memory as an A1200, if you've got a 2meg chip ram machine thats ECS, apparently it runs fine.
Old 27 April 2013, 01:18   #22
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Primal Rage was only released as AGA, however, its nothing of the sort, it just needs the same memory as an A1200, if you've got a 2meg chip ram machine thats ECS, apparently it runs fine.
So if this is only a memory requirement, would there be a possibility to say do a 'hack' to allow it to run on the 1MB Amigas?
Old 27 April 2013, 02:41   #23
Djay
95th User

Thanks for this... grabbing Demos right now...
Old 27 April 2013, 10:02   #24
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
So if this is only a memory requirement, would there be a possibility to say do a 'hack' to allow it to run on the 1MB Amigas?
no, you need 2 meg total for it to run.
Old 27 April 2013, 22:10   #25
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
no, you need 2 meg total for it to run.
Bummer... I guess a trap door upgrade for my A600 might be cheapest option (if I want to keep PCMCIA slot free for anything).

As in PCs you can create 'RAM' by using HDD space, is there a possibility to do the same for Amiga?
Old 27 April 2013, 23:13   #26
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
Bummer... I guess a trap door upgrade for my A600 might be cheapest option (if I want to keep PCMCIA slot free for anything).

As in PCs you can create 'RAM' by using HDD space, is there a possibility to do the same for Amiga?
primal rage is really not worth the effort you think it is, its a shit game
Old 27 April 2013, 23:29   #27
lesta_smsc

Galahad ... hahaha! I shall take your word for it! I assume it is not to the standards of Killer Instinct!
Old 02 May 2013, 16:39   #28
Turran

New update on its way up.

This is probably the last full package and is named 1.0. I'll do update packs when ever there have been a sufficient number of updates available so that people do not have to download it all again. RetroPlay and the WHDload coders (?) has been busy lately (thanks) so I do not think that will be an issue =)

I had problems with EmeraldMinesCD in the AGA collection. It is over 50.000 files and my PFS3-AIO filesystem disks on my Amigas always complained about something in that drawer. I chose to .ZIP the whole folder. Its still in the AGA collection under E, so just extract that if you want/dare.

If you want to keep updated yourself with RetroPlays updates, this 1.0 package contains all updates up to and including:
2013-05-01 LegendOfDjel_v1.0_1934.lha

/Turran

Last edited by Turran; 28 September 2013 at 15:29.
Old 02 May 2013, 17:25   #29
hansel75
Walk Off? Boolander!

Great work Turran, once again thanks a lot!
Old 02 May 2013, 17:45   #30
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
I had problems with EmeraldMinesCD in the AGA collection. It is over 50.000 files and my PFS3-AIO filesystem disks on my Amigas always complained about something in that drawer. I chose to .ZIP the whole folder. Its still in the AGA collection under E, so just extract that if you want/dare.
The dreaded Emerald Mines CD, it took ages to compress, first as .lzx because LhA didn't like it at all (too many files I guess), then as a .zip per request from Hungry Horace for use in the online FS-UAE db IIRC.

Oh and it's not AGA, it should work fine on OCS/ECS too.
Old 02 May 2013, 19:05   #31
thevoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroplay View Post
The dreaded Emerald Mines CD, it took ages to compress, first as .lzx because LhA didn't like it at all (too many files I guess), then as a .zip per request from Hungry Horace for use in the online FS-UAE db IIRC.

Oh and it's not AGA, it should work fine on OCS/ECS too.

it looks like amiga lha can handle up to 10000 at max.
i gave a few attemts to .lha the title aswell and always ended with 10000 files in the archive

so emerald mines cd is the lonely .zip archive in my entire .lha collection
Old 02 May 2013, 19:43   #32
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
...then as a .zip per request from Hungry Horace for use in the online FS-UAE db IIRC.
It's for his own 'Amiga online' project (which uses FS-UAE). Just to make sure people understand that it's not related to OAGD.net
Old 02 May 2013, 21:15   #33
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevoice View Post
so emerald mines cd is the lonely .zip archive in my entire .lha collection
There's always the better compressed .lzx archive on the file server if you want to keep it "Amiga clean", so to speak (no evil zips ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
It's for his own 'Amiga online' project (which uses FS-UAE). Just to make sure people understand that it's not related to OAGD.net
My bad, things got mixed up.
Old 03 May 2013, 08:54   #34
Turran

Quote:
There's always the better compressed .lzx archive on the file server if you want to keep it "Amiga clean", so to speak (no evil zips ).
Good point. I have no idea why I zipped it when I have the original archives from you in another folder...
Old 03 May 2013, 17:10   #35
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Just a thought, but do you have the files somewhere that they can be rsynced from? That way updates would actually only require minimal bandwidth...

EDIT: Ah crap, I didn't realise that each game isn't individually zipped up. Do you happen to have them in that form? (keeps them tidier, plus you can boot them directly with FS-UAE).
Old 03 May 2013, 18:56   #36
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Why don't you just get them from Retroplay's folder on the FTP then? That's exactly what you describe
Old 03 May 2013, 19:19   #37
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Because I'm blind. I missed the "I haven't done anything other than extract them" part of the original post. I had thought it was the originals + Retro's + more.

I blame lack of sleep, plus excitement of a nice Arcade setup that works!
Old 03 May 2013, 19:31   #38
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

No worries Just read your post and thought you might have missed that this is a pack of all available WHDLoad pre-installs and you can still use the source for updates.
Old 04 May 2013, 06:19   #39
TjLaZer

Whats the images.rar file?
Old 04 May 2013, 22:19   #40
Turran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjLaZer View Post
Whats the images.rar file?
Images =) As described in the first post.

As for the zipped versions, this pack is not for you. Just grab the entire collection from killergorilla (http://kg.whdownload.com/kgwhd/) and Retroplay from the EAB FTP and you're set. Well, almost. You have to sort out all the old versions from Killergorilla and those from Retroplay as well, as I think the older versions are stored on the EAB FTP as well.

Personally, I have them stored on my linux server where I do all the work/sorting/unpacking. Using MiamiDX (yes, I know its not the fastest), I sync them to my amigas with "Backup" from http://www.onyxsoft.se/backup.html

I then run the script:

Code:
cls
date
echo
echo "Backing up Demos"
SYS:Programs/Backup/Backup SOURCE SMBFS:GamesDemosImagesMusic/Demos_WHDLoad TARGET Work:Demos_WHDLOAD CLEAN BACKUP AUTOQUIT FORCEDELETE

echo "Backing up Games"
SYS:Programs/Backup/Backup SOURCE SMBFS:GamesDemosImagesMusic/Games_WHDLoad TARGET Work:Games_WHDLOAD CLEAN BACKUP AUTOQUIT FORCEDELETE

echo "Backing up AGA Games"
SYS:Programs/Backup/Backup SOURCE SMBFS:GamesDemosImagesMusic/Games_WHDLoad_AGA TARGET Work:Games_WHDLOAD_AGA CLEAN BACKUP AUTOQUIT FORCEDELETE

echo "All done!"
echo
date
Of course, I've mapped the shared linux drive to SMBFS: on the amiga first.

Yes, it takes a few hours to run through, but its fire and forget so I just do it over night.

I'm working on a C64 pack as well. Downloaded all the D64 images and is sorting through the millions of dupes... Not really the correct forum for it.

Last edited by Turran; 04 May 2013 at 22:29.