English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 20 April 2010, 19:39   #41
Adropac2
Zone Friend

I like Bubba quite a bit though i haven't really played it much in- much like most Amiga games i guess

I like Wolfchild on the basis i once completed the Master system version in one sitting while working at a computer shop- it wasn't very busy.It surprised the hell out of me when i completed it as this wasn't something that happened often- in fact it's my only finished Master system game being that i don't even play the system.The Amiga version is better looking so maybe one day i will tackle that

Jaguar is fairly crud personally to actually play i thought though it looks technically very nice.Controls are crude compared to Lotus i found

I quite like Thunderhawk as that's fun to quickly jump into

Universe has the best atmosphere and i love to boot it up sometimes just for the lush track that plays when you're on the asteroid

So on that basis then i'm not really sure if i have a particular fave as none of them really stand out as being that much better than the other
Old 31 January 2012, 01:05   #42
s2325
Zone Friend

Preview of Jaguar XJ220 have both - music and car engine: [ Show youtube player ] Why it was changed in full version?
Old 31 January 2012, 13:53   #43
mikele

AH3 Thunderstrike aka Thunderhawk for Sega/Mega CD blew my mind in the 90s. Different approach to the same theme, while Amiga version was sort of light flight sim, this rendition presents rather arcade look and feel. Must have title for all Mega CD owners, one of the fewest games that utilize hardware zooming and scaling (compare bare Amiga landscapes to AH3's detailed, texturized ones). Did I mention heavy guitar riffs? All in all - great game.
Old 31 January 2012, 14:17   #44
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
Preview of Jaguar XJ220 have both - music and car engine: [ Show youtube player ] Why it was changed in full version?

Thats weird.

Old 31 January 2012, 17:20   #45
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikele View Post
while Amiga version was sort of light flight sim, this rendition presents rather arcade look and feel.
That explains Thunderhawk 2 for the PC I see that Thunderhawk is actually more of an alternative title.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/thunderstrike-2

Light flight sim or not, it still kicked my ass. If I wasn't shot down I would fail at landing. Grrr I got this game when I was very young and that face of the general(?) shouting angrily scared the pants off me (I was easily impressed). Was a good incentive to try your best not to fail!