English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 27 September 2017, 14:52   #21
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanEBC View Post
Just wanted to let you know.... while i wait for AmiTCP 4 to arrive, and with what i just did, i no longer need it amitcp4, but hey, i'll upgrade it anyways, but with AmiTCP v3 / AmiTradeCenter and Filezilla Server on the PC, i just transferred a 30mb file in less than a minute.
I'm used to Amiga Explorer taking 4-5 minutes over null modem for a SINGLE meg. So completely night and day here. Thanks to everyone for their comments and feel fee to continue to discuss this is you feel like it

So i won't be taking this route anymore.
Yeah, the only downfall I suffered by dumping AExplorer was the ADF and HDF file creation but there are ways around that if needed. I already dumped by rom file a while ago when I only had serial. FTP is definitely night/day over serial. All the best.

Although I haven't given up completely, just put it on the back burner because my issues seems to be TCP/IP timing out with AExplorer. I'm sure someday or someone will present the answer or troubleshooting steps.
AdSense AdSense  
AdSense AdSense