English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 23 December 2014, 13:51   #21
Leon

Send a message via Skype™ to Leon
Magic Ball works slow on real amigas but under WinUAE (CPU Emulatation Speed - Fastest possible) works ok.

You can easily increase the speed of the game by simply unpack the "MagicBallSC" archive to the main directory of Backbone.
Then you launch Backbone and open project with game, click on the buttons "Edit Levels", next "Edit Level" and "Auto scroll" to change Speed (Pixels per Frame).
I set default speed for all Levels from 2 to 3 and its works fast on WinUAE but on real amigas is to slow. (See this foto)
AdSense AdSense  
Old 24 December 2014, 00:18   #22
Coagulus
Gets there in the end...

Probably a little late, but my Timebomb and 4096 games? (no JetHunt yet unfortunately!)
Old 24 December 2014, 02:51   #23
earok

Hi! Sorry I forgot to mention, I have 4096 already but not Timebomb, will add that one. Thanks for the suggestion.

Since I'm a big H.E.R.O. fan I'd love to help you with a full blown CD32 release someday.

Just a last minute cry for help for anyone who might be able to come up with a solution, I was looking at adding Montezuma (http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=62075) but I can't get the thing to run from a CD32 ISO, even when the whole game is copied to RAM: (which is sometimes a solution for running smaller games).

If anyone can come up with a working solution in the next 24 hours, that would be hugely appreciated!

Never mind, I worked out a solution that at least seems to work in an emulated environment (only tested on an ISO in WinUAE) - copy the whole game to a bootable RAD volume, reboot and run it from there. God knows why it doesn't seem to work if the system is booted from a CD but there you go.

Last edited by earok; 24 December 2014 at 11:44.
Old 25 December 2014, 08:06   #24
earok

I've posted this, but I'm having serious problems getting that (or any other games on CD-R to work) on my CD32 at the moment, is anyone able to give it a quick sanity check just to make sure it seems to be working on real hardware?

http://unofficial-cd32-ports.blogspo...mpilation.html
Old 25 December 2014, 16:30   #25
Cobe

Compilation is awesome! Tried under winuae. I'm eager to see and play those games on real cd32 but unfortunately since around September I also cant burn cd on my computer that would work on my cd32. All cds I've burned before still work the same without any problem. My burner still burns cds that for example my saturn and dreamcast read. Tried reinstaling nero with wich I never had problems, and tried bunch of other burning programs and to exclude software issue I installed new windows on other partition but nothing changed. Thank gods but it's not my cd32, I burned some cd32 isos on friend's computer and they worked on my cd32 just fine. So till my next visit to her I'll have to be patient.
Old 25 December 2014, 17:08   #26
Cobe

Parachute is so bloody f*cking awesome! I skipped this simulator... Excellent work and idea. I recently bought Cement factory and am enjoying Game and Watch! I always loved them especially Russian clone Nu pogodi!(Eggs) I hope I'll one day get that one too.
Old 25 December 2014, 18:59   #27
Reido

Will try now..
Old 25 December 2014, 19:27   #28
Reido

Had no new blank CDs in the house, eventually found an old blank one, just can't vouch for its quality. Anyway, booted it up four or five times now, get to the menu select screen, tried 4 games and its either blank screen or reboot, but like I say the CD could be shit, will pick up new ones tomorrow and try again. Sorry can't be of more help but obviously all your efforts are much appreciated, Happy Xmas!

Edit: As I thought, CD was the problem, got mer CD-R's, burned and working hassle free on the 5 games I tried briefly, looking forward to getting stuck in!

Last edited by Reido; 26 December 2014 at 16:07.
Old 06 January 2015, 06:24   #29
earok

I was thinking about doing a late January update of this project, there's a few things I either missed or have only just came out. I realise not all of them may work (and some may only work at a reduced speed) but I may give them a shot anyway. Any thoughts?

Evil Minions
Parallel worlds
Defeated
Retro Asylum
Super Ted
Smurf Rescue
London Rain Matrix
Agent Lux
Latest update to "Did It Come From The Desert"
Gravity Beam

Last edited by earok; 06 January 2015 at 07:00.
Old 06 January 2015, 06:52   #30
ransom1122

sounds good, what about cool spot 100%?
Old 06 January 2015, 06:54   #31
earok

Would love to but I can't without a working WHDLoad slave (we can't load disk images directly on a real CD32 without either a floppy drive or floppy drive emulator)

Edit: Cool Spot would be an awesome thing to have running on a stock CD32, especially because it's never been successfully done.
Old 06 January 2015, 09:32   #32
ransom1122

Yes it would it played the adf version the other day and itsa great game.
Old 10 June 2015, 22:07   #33
earok

I'm going to do a mid-year update of this, other than Solomon's Key 2, Puzcat and The Game, does anyone have any suggestions about recent (eg six months) games that should be added to this?
Old 10 June 2015, 22:36   #34
Graham Humphrey

Maxwell

http://maxwell.mikendezign.com/
Old 10 June 2015, 23:06   #35
Gzegzolka

There's new Gloom mod - wanker something, I'm sure there's post somewhere here on eab.
Old 11 June 2015, 00:38   #36
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
Cheers, that's in the current working version thanks for supporting the CD32 pad btw.

Edit: Do you have a final release date in mind? I'd love to post it on cd32.co.uk when it comes out.

@Gzegzolka I think Nikka changed the name of his Gloom Mod to be something more PC like "Ultimate Maze", but I'll chuck that in too - cheers.
Old 11 June 2015, 00:51   #37
Graham Humphrey

Ah yes I forgot all about that, sorry!

I'd love to get the full game out by the end of the year but that's looking increasingly unlikely. Graphics work has been slow to say the least but looks like it's starting to move finally so things may well start moving quicker soon.
Old 10 September 2015, 06:30   #38
earok

I'm doing a 2015 update to this that I'll release around the middle of October (at the same time as AmiWest). 63 games and demos so far have been installed on the disc and tested, I'm hoping to reach around 80-90 or so by release date (and of course any requests are welcome!). The complete list is on the Trello board for the project:

https://trello.com/b/QtPR4AuL/amiga-...ollection-2015

Two requests for anyone that can help:
- I can't get the demo of "Parallel Worlds" to run from a Disc, it'll play until about the end of the intro and crash (right on the title screen). I figure there's some oddly named file the CD filesystem is struggling with.
- I'd love to include Red Island Wizard but I can't find a copy of it any more (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=60979)
Old 14 January 2016, 04:41   #39
earok

It's my birthday today so I'm going to release an update to this to celebrate sometime in the next few hours. I've had requests for the latest versions of Boxx 1/2 and Zerosphere, any other last minute requests for recent games/demos ?

(Also, if global mods see this, please chuck into project.cd32 conversions. Cheers)
Old 14 January 2016, 08:18   #40
Amigajay
醉拳

Happy Birthday Earok!
Cant think of anything bar Zerosphere, but once ive caught up on my covers ill be helping more on feedback etc
AdSense AdSense