English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Modules

Old 23 July 2009, 12:55   #1
Old Fool
Zone Friend

Composer For The "hippel"-module?

Is there anyone who would know the composer or at least the name of the module from the famous "SKID ROW - VALHALLA" crack intro? The intro can be found at lest from the game Venom Wing. I also uploaded the module to the Zone...

Just asking because it would be nice to find more music from the same composer!
Old 23 July 2009, 13:08   #2
s2325
Zone Friend

maybe it's normal but why this hip file have "tfmx" written in header? you can see it with Notepad
Old 23 July 2009, 13:10   #3
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Should be Jochen Hippel aka Mad Max.

Last edited by StingRay; 23 July 2009 at 17:30. Reason: misspelled Jochen's surname O_O
Old 23 July 2009, 13:13   #4
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
maybe it's normal but why this hip file have "tfmx" written in header? you can see it with Notepad
http://www.exotica.org.uk/wiki/Deli_News_4
Look for 'Jochen Hippel' :

Quote:
There are 3 versions of the player for DeliTracker. The TFMX Hippel player, the Hippel-COSO, stands for Crunched Datablock, and was developed in cooperation with Chris Hülsbeck.
Old 23 July 2009, 14:03   #5
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Jochen was one of if not THE pioneer of software Audio mixing. He was the first to create a seven voice routine on the Amiga. A routine later used by Chris in his Turrican music. Which is why Jochen is credited on Turrican 3 having long since left games programming.

Little known fact is that he did almost all the Thalion Amiga ports. He was their number one Amiga coder for a long time.

He must have produced more music for more games in the 90's than almost any other games musician and countless Atari ST demos. Just a shame that after his compulsory military service he never returned to games.

IMO the music he did for A Prehistoric Tale was his best "classic" work. The intro music still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end.

He has a CD called "Give it a Try" published by Thalion.

Last edited by alexh; 23 July 2009 at 14:11.
Old 23 July 2009, 19:41   #6
Old Fool
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Jochen was one of if not THE pioneer of software Audio mixing. He was the first to create a seven voice routine on the Amiga. A routine later used by Chris in his Turrican music. Which is why Jochen is credited on Turrican 3 having long since left games programming.

Little known fact is that he did almost all the Thalion Amiga ports. He was their number one Amiga coder for a long time.

He must have produced more music for more games in the 90's than almost any other games musician and countless Atari ST demos. Just a shame that after his compulsory military service he never returned to games.

IMO the music he did for A Prehistoric Tale was his best "classic" work. The intro music still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end.

He has a CD called "Give it a Try" published by Thalion.

WOW, thanks a lot guys!

Yes I like very much Jochen Hippel's music, got lots of them! Prehistorik Tale's title music is defintely one of his best works. In my opinion his best tune is the in-game music for the game Lethal X-cess, the one that is played on the second stage.

I have a few *.hip -files that I don't know who has made them. Would it be right to assume that their also Hippel's works or is there more composers that have used this sound system?
Old 23 July 2009, 19:50   #7
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I think all .HIP files are from Jochen, although they might not all be his own composition as he converted a lot of music from the 8-bits.

Jochen did studio remixes of all his Lethal Xcess music with musician Christoph Remspecher in 1993.

Level 2 - Desert of No Return

They are a bit - out there but hey.

Last edited by alexh; 23 July 2009 at 19:57.
Old 23 July 2009, 20:04   #8
Old Fool
Zone Friend

OK, thanks for the link. I think that the original is much better. Same thing with the Brimble's and Hülsbeck's re-edits. Real Amiga tunes live for ever!
Old 23 July 2009, 20:41   #9
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I prefer Brimble's studio versions. Sounds Digital CD is very very faithful. If you do not own a copy go out and get it now!

http://www.exotica.org.uk/wiki/Sounds_Digital
Old 23 July 2009, 21:49   #10
Old Fool
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
I prefer Brimble's studio versions. Sounds Digital CD is very very faithful. If you do not own a copy go out and get it now!

http://www.exotica.org.uk/wiki/Sounds_Digital
THANK YOU FOR THE LINK!!

I've heard the Assassin and Full Contact re-edits earlier and now listening the rest. Original Assassin title theme is in my personal top 30 the all time greatest songs in the world - ALL music pieces I've heard! It would be magnificient thing to hear a real symphony orchestra to play this song. I would take a children choir to play the background and massive orchestra drums to play the aggressive drum line. Then there would be about 30 violins to play the main theme!! It's an impressive tune from Brimble.
Old 23 July 2009, 21:53   #11
Old Fool
Zone Friend

In 2003 I made a short music video film with the "Assassin" tune.