English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 07 December 2013, 23:49   #161
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Gotta be another publicity grab by System3 then.
Old 07 December 2013, 23:59   #162
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDNI View Post
Gotta be another publicity grab by System3 then.
I hope not, I really don't see what good will come of it if they are fibbing about it, its not like the internet is an exclusive place, anyone can search about anything.
Old 08 December 2013, 00:06   #163
DDNI
Targ Explorer

I suppose John may be doing it himself or with someone linked to another forum. There is plenty on the German, Polish and other European forums that we never really discuss here.
Old 08 December 2013, 00:22   #164
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
I suppose John may be doing it himself or with someone linked to another forum. There is plenty on the German, Polish and other European forums that we never really discuss here.
Is it being discussed elsewhere? Amiga.org has it down as its someone on here, but I don't know its being discussed elsewhere.
Old 08 December 2013, 00:29   #165
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Hmm it's on the AmigaFuture site. Would not surprise me if AndreasM hasn't got himself invited into the circle of trust...
Old 08 December 2013, 00:39   #166
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Hmm it's on the AmigaFuture site. Would not surprise me if AndreasM hasn't got himself invited into the circle of trust...
Ah damn, then if thats the case, its not going to be free is it?
Old 08 December 2013, 00:40   #167
wanderer
I want an A1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Ah damn, then if thats the case, its not going to be free is it?
Seems nothing is for free these days...
Old 08 December 2013, 00:48   #168
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Lets not jump to conclusions, I simply pointed out that AF have reported the FB post on their site.
Old 08 December 2013, 00:55   #169
john1979

CF0U! or Novacoder could be doing it. I can think of other decent coders on here that haven't posted in this thread too.
Old 08 December 2013, 01:11   #170
Pyromania

Guys guys exciting news, it's coming for Blackberry and is from a wild man. What a way to kickstart some fun!
Old 08 December 2013, 05:22   #171
Mark Wright

Hi everyone,

Jon Twiddly from System 17 has sent me the disks to fix after seeing a post of mine on the Amos Pro forum that I run, where I mention I once won an award from "Amiga Wow" magazine for "Least Jerky Scrolling" in an Amos Pro game. To be fair, it is the only post there at the moment so does tend to stand out a bit.

Anyway, some good news :-) and some bad news :-(

First, the good news! The game is indeed on three blue double-density "Disky" branded disks (which I understand is a good make). The bad news - as there were multiple sticky labels peeling off them, each with soaked-in stains from the use of permanent marker pens, I thought it would be a good idea to remove them using a blow-torch. Oops! D'oh! Etc!

Anyway, no major harm appears to have been done to the magnetic tape stuff inside them, so I've transplanted the brown round bits to other disk casings, carefully glueing everything back together using Bondex Stickmaster 2001 ToxiGlue. I hope I haven't put them in back to front! LOL!!!!!!!!!

Problem number 1: All three disks won't fit in my A1000's internal disk drive, no matter how hard I force them - and believe me, I've forced them!!!! (maybe there were made for a different model, like an Amiga 520 ST or something.) Never mind though, I can read them one at a time.

Problem number 2: I've examined the first disk extensively using Workbench and I'm sorry to report that it's **NOT** a DOS disk, whatever Team 3 might have you believe!! I've ticked "Show All Icons" and everything, and there's just nothing there at all. :-( Sad times... I haven't bothered trying to boot from it because if Workbench doesn't recognise it, what's the point?!

Actually, I seem to remember Mr Twiddly mentioned something about Trackdisk?!! I think that's some kind of surveillance system that keeps track of a disk's global position or something?!! Hahaha, well, if he looks for where it is now, he'll find it's in my DUSTBIN! It's completely useless. Sad but true. :-(((

Problem number 3: Mr Twiddly mentioned something about a Burst Nibbler?!! Come to think of it, the jiffy bag the disks arrived in was torn around the edges with stuff falling out. I think there might have been a mouse (or rat) in the warehouse where the disks were stored that has damaged the disks. TYPICAL!! I've tried putting glueing brown parcel tape to the disk's surface, but they still won't read. Nothing left to do.

Sorry guys, I'm completely out of ideas now :-(

I was hoping it would be a relatively straightforward case of carefully dragging the files over to a new disk before a millennium virus finally ate them - maybe that's what's happened?! One of you gurus will be able to tell from my detailed description above!! Bloody viruses, eh?

So that's that, I'm afraid. I'm going to throw them all away now because I don't want a nasty millennium virus jumping from these mouldy old disks onto my other precious disks, ruthlessly chomping its way through my cherished Amos Pro "source codes". I don't see what all the fuss is about anyway - it's only a glorified version of Manic Miner. I'm not even sure it was written in Amos Pro!?!?! LOL!!!!
Old 08 December 2013, 05:56   #172
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

If you have these disks and it seems it's not usual for you to make a perfect copy, you should contact agtw.contact@abime.net , http://eab.abime.net/member.php?u=25 (CodyJarrett) the guy who made available games that weren't released by the past, he is too a top eab moderator. please we are waiting for this disks for a long time now get in contact with this guy sooner than possible.
I hope this is not a joke.lol
cody jarrett contact for eab ( http://eab.abime.net/member.php?u=25).
You have a treasure in your hands, please don't loose them or i will have a heart attack. ;-)

Last edited by turrican3; 08 December 2013 at 06:08.
Old 08 December 2013, 06:07   #173
Mark Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican3 View Post
If you have these disks and it seems it's not usual for you to make a perfect copy, you should contact agtw.contact@abime.net , http://eab.abime.net/member.php?u=25 (CodyJarrett) the guy who made available games that weren't released by the past, he is too a top eab moderator. please we are waiting for this disks for a long time now get in contact with this guy sooner than possible.
I hope this is not a joke.lol
cody jarrett contact for eab ( http://eab.abime.net/member.php?u=25).
It is, of course, a joke. And not a subtle one either!
Old 08 December 2013, 06:10   #174
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

ok sorry english is not my first language, you made me really anxious. lol
Hopefully, it was a joke !
i'm not already well wake up !!!
Old 08 December 2013, 06:11   #175
Mark Wright

Please forgive my British sarcasm :-)
Old 08 December 2013, 06:17   #176
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

not really a problem, it was funny.
But iwas thinking, this guy is crazy, my first reaction was : it's not possible , it must be a joke, but who knows then i decide to react.
Many of us don't know to who they gave the game and even if they give the game already.
Please don't joke anymore with putty squad lol.
Old 08 December 2013, 06:34   #177
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

just think about the nightmare : system 3 give the disks to a guy who don't know how to make a perfect copy and he breaks the disk !!!!!
I could be insane lol
Old 08 December 2013, 08:34   #178
Amigajay

Lol funny! When i read blowtorch, i was like wtf lol
Old 08 December 2013, 10:28   #179
Joe Maroni

Send a message via MSN to Joe Maroni
hmm...looking through memory when the demo is loaded you can find the level names:

Tomb of King Phut..
Halls of Silence..
Lost Lavatories of Phut....
Bazaar Al Kebab..
The Wailing Tower..
Palace of Baghdad..
Kebabs 'R' Us....
Downtown Klud..
Fortress of Klud..
Upper Klud..
Lower Klud..
Mr Spleen's Ex-house....
Jungles of Squirt..
Watchtower of Squirt....
Dr Sushi's Lab of Terror..
Dr Sushi's Scarier Lab..
Dr Sushi's Dinner of Fear..
Dr Sushi's Snack of Death..
Dr Sushi's Medicine Cupboard....
The House of Fun..
Fun Land..
Ghost Train..
The Sputum Pool....
Major Smith's Escape Tunnel..
Major Smith's Decoy Tunnel..
Major Smith's Sticky End....
Gateway to the North..
The Guard Rooms..
Upper Reaches....
Night Flight..
The Tower of London..
Traitor's Gate..
The Drop....
Jumble Street..
Napalm's Pad..
Old Moon Street..
Napalm's Kitchen..
Flimbo's Rest..
The Library..
Napalm's Den..
Napalm's Pantry..
The Scret Cupboard....
Cloud Castle..
Pup Headquarters..
The Kennels....
Wizard's Frozen Garden..
Castle Of Scatterflash..
The Fortifications..
The Way to the Depths..
The Shrubbery....
The Depths of Despair..
The Sunken Brewery....
Chambers of Scatterflash..
The 27th Dimension..
THE END
Old 08 December 2013, 12:04   #180
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wright View Post
Hi everyone,

Jon Twiddly from System 17 has sent me the disks to fix after seeing a post of mine on the Amos Pro forum that I run, where I mention I once won an award from "Amiga Wow" magazine for "Least Jerky Scrolling" in an Amos Pro game. To be fair, it is the only post there at the moment so does tend to stand out a bit.

Anyway, some good news :-) and some bad news :-(

First, the good news! The game is indeed on three blue double-density "Disky" branded disks (which I understand is a good make). The bad news - as there were multiple sticky labels peeling off them, each with soaked-in stains from the use of permanent marker pens, I thought it would be a good idea to remove them using a blow-torch. Oops! D'oh! Etc!

Anyway, no major harm appears to have been done to the magnetic tape stuff inside them, so I've transplanted the brown round bits to other disk casings, carefully glueing everything back together using Bondex Stickmaster 2001 ToxiGlue. I hope I haven't put them in back to front! LOL!!!!!!!!!

Problem number 1: All three disks won't fit in my A1000's internal disk drive, no matter how hard I force them - and believe me, I've forced them!!!! (maybe there were made for a different model, like an Amiga 520 ST or something.) Never mind though, I can read them one at a time.

Problem number 2: I've examined the first disk extensively using Workbench and I'm sorry to report that it's **NOT** a DOS disk, whatever Team 3 might have you believe!! I've ticked "Show All Icons" and everything, and there's just nothing there at all. :-( Sad times... I haven't bothered trying to boot from it because if Workbench doesn't recognise it, what's the point?!

Actually, I seem to remember Mr Twiddly mentioned something about Trackdisk?!! I think that's some kind of surveillance system that keeps track of a disk's global position or something?!! Hahaha, well, if he looks for where it is now, he'll find it's in my DUSTBIN! It's completely useless. Sad but true. :-(((

Problem number 3: Mr Twiddly mentioned something about a Burst Nibbler?!! Come to think of it, the jiffy bag the disks arrived in was torn around the edges with stuff falling out. I think there might have been a mouse (or rat) in the warehouse where the disks were stored that has damaged the disks. TYPICAL!! I've tried putting glueing brown parcel tape to the disk's surface, but they still won't read. Nothing left to do.

Sorry guys, I'm completely out of ideas now :-(

I was hoping it would be a relatively straightforward case of carefully dragging the files over to a new disk before a millennium virus finally ate them - maybe that's what's happened?! One of you gurus will be able to tell from my detailed description above!! Bloody viruses, eh?

So that's that, I'm afraid. I'm going to throw them all away now because I don't want a nasty millennium virus jumping from these mouldy old disks onto my other precious disks, ruthlessly chomping its way through my cherished Amos Pro "source codes". I don't see what all the fuss is about anyway - it's only a glorified version of Manic Miner. I'm not even sure it was written in Amos Pro!?!?! LOL!!!!
Hello Mark, can we have the real text now ?

Are all the 3 disks in good shapes ? have you been able to image them as ADF ?

Cheers,

Ocean's Snow Bros game savior, dlfrsilver