English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 23 October 2009, 19:29   #101
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

so we must ask... please can you post full versions of Double Battle and Scavanger in this thread? thanks
Old 23 October 2009, 22:39   #102
Peter
Still an Amiga user

We already have Scavenger and Scavenger 2 on the server in the "Games/PD (full versions)' area.

I don't understand what is being said here about "Double Battle" Andreas - can we have a full copy uploaded to our server... ? Or can you give us the link to it so we can download it please.

Thank You....
Old 23 October 2009, 22:41   #103
Peter
Still an Amiga user

I am afraid I have had no luck trying to find a full version of Plat-Man - I will post a clip of it on Youtube when I get a moment tomorrow - maybe someone might watch it and give the author a shout... will post back here with a link to the clip.
Old 24 October 2009, 00:36   #104
hitm4n

No worries Peter, its one of those games that stayed under the radar and hence the author got little feedback and never progressed into releasing a "level2" version (thats my guess anyway). Its a shame because i think its a solid fun little platformer, quite linear, but has some hidden bonus rooms and pitfalls to watch out for... Quite easy to complete after a few tries.

I was hoping to remake it faithfully and then extend it to 144 rooms (rooms are bigger (more tiles) so could be more complicated, i even designed a full drawn out map for the game. Sadly my coding isn't good enough to figure out how to do some of the things i need Maybe one day.
Old 24 October 2009, 11:19   #105
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
I don't understand what is being said here about "Double Battle" Andreas - can we have a full copy uploaded to our server... ?
For this you must aks the developer. i have only a licence for our page and cd.

Quote:
Or can you give us the link to it so we can download it please.
First i must found the Data dont have the game here.
Old 24 October 2009, 16:07   #106
Peter
Still an Amiga user

OK Andreas - It would be great if you could find the game files and create a link for us so as we could download a copy of the full version of Double Battle...

I have contacted Southern Lake about getting a full Amiga copy of the game (a good job they spoke English as my German is not good) unfortunately they do not have the Amiga version available anymore...

Hope you can help...
Old 24 October 2009, 16:18   #107
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
OK Andreas - It would be great if you could find the game files and create a link for us so as we could download a copy of the full version of Double Battle...

I have contacted Southern Lake about getting a full Amiga copy of the game (a good job they spoke English as my German is not good) unfortunately they do not have the Amiga version available anymore...

Hope you can help...
i know. there dont have any amiga data

same problem with the other Southern Lake games.

the developer have no data for us
Old 27 October 2009, 22:49   #108
Jonathan Drain

I'm interested in full registered Weapon Masters and Digital Ninja's Gory Xmas. If you registered they gave you the source.

The author of PD game Knights gave out the source to the game.

Have any developers released ancient source code or data files for shareware or commercial games in this manner?
Old 28 October 2009, 09:40   #109
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Drain View Post
I'm interested in full registered Weapon Masters and Digital Ninja's Gory Xmas. If you registered they gave you the source.

Have any developers released ancient source code or data files for shareware or commercial games in this manner?
http://www.aminet.net/search.php?query=source
Old 30 October 2009, 00:10   #110
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Quote:

Never heard of either of these games... do you have any more info about them?

I will have a check when I get a minute... Digital Ninja is Lee Bamber isn't it?
Old 30 October 2009, 01:12   #111
Jonathan Drain

Yes, Digital Ninja is Lee Bamber.

Gory Xmas (PDSOFT-4186) is a gory snowball fight game for up to four players. If you hit someone in the chest with a snowball they're knocked over, and in the head they're decapitated. There are special powerups including a big snowball.

Weapon Masters (PDSOFT-4158) is a two-player swordfighting game. Weapons include swords and clubs. Kind of clunky.

According to this index, Both appear on the Hottest 5 CD, but unfortunately I only have Hottest 4.
Old 30 October 2009, 09:22   #112
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Oh yeah - I remember Gory Xmas now - I think that was on a cover disk... I will see if I can do some dig up some more info on both games and their availability when I get some time.
Old 30 October 2009, 15:54   #113
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
According to this index, Both appear on the Hottest 5 CD, but unfortunately I only have Hottest 4.
You can download the following from the "TOSEC ISO - Commodore Amiga CD (2009-03-15)" torrent on Pleasuredome:

... Hottest 4 Professional (1994)(WPD)[!].zip (580.49 MB)
... Hottest 5 (1995)(PDSoft)[!].zip (621.60 MB)
... Hottest 6 (1996)(PDSoft)[!].zip (533.03 MB)
Old 06 November 2009, 01:01   #114
Peter
Still an Amiga user

I finally got around to up-loading a video of Plat-Man to Youtube...

[ Show youtube player ] to take a look

It's basically another of my videos where I beg for someone who may either have a full version of the game or knows the author to get in touch...

I think the author of Plat-Man has stated that there was a full version of the game somewhere in his possession - maybe this may prompt him to find it for us.... As ever fingers crossed!

Anyway my video's are getting a little better - not up to Matt's standards... just yet!
Old 06 November 2009, 16:37   #115
hitm4n

The videos fine, apart from microphoned audio... But dude, your gameplaying skills suck. Was you playing with 1 eye closed and facing the wrong way lol.

Well, i hope someone or John steps up.

Out of interest, what did you think to the game ?
Old 06 November 2009, 17:06   #116
Peter
Still an Amiga user

I think the game is pretty good - Yeah, I thought my lack of control may provoke some comments...
Old 07 November 2009, 11:24   #117
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungryghost View Post
Hi everybody, thanks for the nice welcome Peter! Having been routing around for the past hour looking for Psych* related things, I've found the PlayStation version on CD - and the Amiga source code for the original, if anyone's still interested in such things. After all these years, it's all gobbledygook to me!

Here's the source code: http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/11...44/psycheual.s

CD image to follow if it ever finishes uploading.

Unfortunately I have not heard back from Ben James (Hungryghost) for a while now... Ben did provide the source code for his game Psycheual - could anything be done with this code...??
The question is...Could anyone with the relevant knowledge put the full game together from this code?

Is anyone familiar with this code here?
Old 09 November 2009, 12:26   #118
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Does anyone know how I could get the game code for Psycheual that Ben has given us turned back into the full game - I don't know anything about this sort of thing - so I am just looking for opinions as to whether it can be done... ideas anyone??

I may start a new thread later about this in an attempt to catch the eye of any coders that may be interested in helpling...

Last edited by Peter; 09 November 2009 at 14:14.
Old 09 November 2009, 17:24   #119
hitm4n

Without seeing the code i wouldn't know for sure, but demos usually have large chunks of code missing. If the game never progressed beyond a demo then its unlikely to make it a full game. More artwork, sounds, levels etc would be needed.

If the game is unlockable via a key, can we not just get the key and register the game ? If he gave us the code couldn't he provide a key too ?

If the demo code is the full game code but locked out due to no key then it should be easy to generate a working key from looking at the code. But that would be a competent coders job, not me
Old 09 November 2009, 19:27   #120
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

looking at some of the text in the code, it's the full game.

Code:
	dc.b "This version of Psycheual is not freely",0
	dc.b "distributable. Please don't make copies",0
	dc.b "for anyone else. Thanks.",0,0
it's asm and should be compilable. It'll depend on what is meant to be in;
Code:
incdir dh0:psycheual/raw/
as to whether it will work or not i guess.