English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 15 January 2018, 17:05   #461
honx
Registered User

honx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Klagenfurt / Austria
Posts: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
Most users only need to unpack archives, not create them; unlzx is smaller and easier to use.
thx, but y2k fix only patches lzx itsself as far i know...
so unlzx shouldn't be used anymore anyway i assume?
honx is online now  
AdSense AdSense  
Old Yesterday, 11:30   #462
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer
Minuous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canberra/Australia
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
but a small bug from the past is back: österreich.country became +sterreich.country again. there is also espa±a located in locale/countries folder.
I just checked and the filenames in the archive are OK, so a V1.41 release won't be necessary at this point. If you have files like +sterreich.country in your SYS:Locale/Countries directory, they have been left over from a very old install of BB3&4 (V1.29 or earlier) and can safely be deleted. Or, it is some bug in whatever unarchiver and/or filesystem you are using.

Quote:
thx, but y2k fix only patches lzx itsself as far i know...
so unlzx shouldn't be used anymore anyway i assume?
I haven't investigated the Y2K compliance of lzx/unlzx programs; normally I just use LhA (V2.15) unless the archive really is LZX-compressed. If it is not Y2K compliant, and you care about your file dates being correct, it's better not to use it.

Last edited by Minuous; Yesterday at 11:40.
Minuous is offline  
Old Yesterday, 11:45   #463
honx
Registered User

honx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Klagenfurt / Austria
Posts: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
I just checked and the filenames in the archive are OK, so a V1.41 release won't be necessary at this point. If you have files like +sterreich.country in your SYS:Locale/Countries directory, they have been left over from a very old install of BB3&4 (V1.29 or earlier) and can safely be deleted. Or, it is some bug in whatever unarchiver and/or filesystem you are using.
thx, deleted these files already. in comparison correct and incorrect named files, file version and date were identical.
whatever (whenever) happened... until yesterday i always used official unarc tool which came with amigaos 3.9 cd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
I haven't investigated the Y2K compliance of lzx/unlzx programs; normally I just use LhA (V2.15) unless the archive really is LZX-compressed. If it is not Y2K compliant, and you care about your file dates being correct, it's better not to use it.
okay, thx. so i can get rid of unlzx as well.

now i only have to solve my ramdisk problem showing disk.info as directory (another thread)...
honx is online now  
Old Today, 00:24   #464
honx
Registered User

honx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Klagenfurt / Austria
Posts: 843
would you consider adding snapvol instead of makelink for ramdisk icon? -> post
because makelink introduces a weird bug in cli showing ram:disk.info as directory.
honx is online now  
Old Today, 03:52   #465
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer
Minuous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canberra/Australia
Posts: 1,674
I'd rather fix the real problem, by fixing or replacing the Dir and List commands.
Minuous is offline  
Old Today, 13:55   #466
honx
Registered User

honx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Klagenfurt / Austria
Posts: 843
are there new versions? i thought they have never been updated...
honx is online now  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (1 members and 2 guests)
pcotter
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OS 3.9 BoingBag 1 cant install JAH support.Apps 13 31 March 2013 21:00
OS3.9 Boingbag 3 caver99 support.Apps 7 05 February 2013 00:15
OS 3.9 BoingBag 2 installation error fc.studio support.Apps 4 18 August 2007 04:22
AmigaOS 3.9 BoingBag 1 and 2 hab New to Emulation or Amiga scene 4 01 January 2006 22:30
Boingbag updates... BarrySWE support.Apps 11 02 October 2005 21:37

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.11605 seconds with 14 queries